PDA

View Full Version : MeWe

Dstrbdmedic167
5 February 2016, 20:51
So with all the Facebook liberal Antigun stuff this week I went with the Bangwagon and made a MeWe page and group. Same name here. If anyone here is up there post links so we can connect.

www.mewe.com/join/dstrbdmedic167

alamo5000
6 February 2016, 02:38
I saw a few people that did those but I am not familiar with how it works. Is it like photosharing only? I never heard of MeWe until yesterday.

I am tired of facebook and would go somewhere else in a heartbeat if there was an option of where to go.

GaSwamper
6 February 2016, 05:28
It seems ok, little different but different can be good. It's really good for groups because you can have your main page with posts and such but also there is a chat feature that keeps the posts clean from idle chit chat. I made a profile there just in case Facebook does indeed go full retard. If I can't browse all my favorite gun pages throughout the day then FB has no use for me, other than randomly pissing people off.

WHSmithIV
7 February 2016, 00:51
I have a group in MeWe for builders. Guys who can't afford all the top end stuff. My FB group is around 2000 members but we switched the group to secret to avoid the axes flying there. Seems to have done the trick since the group is still there. Did pull out the 'sell' section too though - hence the MeWe group.

The MeWe group is found here https://mewe.com/group/56b215eee4b0be3cf088fa17

Also set up the group in Gundistrict.

I have to admit though, it's a bit of a pain to monitor and administer the group in 3 sites.

mustangfreek
7 February 2016, 17:18
Thinking arms list will pick back up now..Facebook seemed to slow it down before

SwissyJim
7 February 2016, 18:00
great... another social media site? I hate FB as much as the rest, but that applies to ALL social media- what makes me want to join WeMe?

WHSmithIV
7 February 2016, 19:35
great... another social media site? I hate FB as much as the rest, but that applies to ALL social media- what makes me want to join WeMe?

Probably nothing though it seems more gun groups now than anything else. I think Gundistrict is better laid out but still, there's nothing super special about either one other than that they don't care if you sell / trade guns and parts. FB was simply convenient since I get political news through it as well as other news from overseas and also can keep in contact with some of my family that's spread around the planet. It was convenient to have gun groups in FB also.

The MeWe interface doesn't run very well on my laptop and I doubt that it's going to dent facebook much. Neither will gundistrict.

UWone77
7 February 2016, 20:12
I'm not sold on MeWe. Yeah Facebook sucks, but still head and shoulders better than most platforms out there outside of Instagram. They've limited gun content yes, but they haven't shut it down yet. If they do, I'll either make a move, or be here more than I already am.