PDA

View Full Version : Range Finder

Sak007
23 February 2016, 03:01
I'm looking for a sub $500 rangefinder and have narrowed it down to 2 choices .
Sig Kilo 2000 vs Bushnell Elite Mile Arc .
I know the Sig just dropped but I was curious if anyone has any hands on experience with them ?
http://www.sigoptics.com/product/kilo2000/
http://bushnell.com/all-products/laser-rangefinders/elite-1-mile-arc

SINNER
23 February 2016, 05:34
I have no experience with the Sig but I have had a few Bushnell's that would have been overpriced if they were free. Absolute garbage. Barely accurate to 20% of their rated distance and endless moisture and fogging issues. If you have the time save a little longer and get the Leica CRF-1600. Mine has been flawless and very good accuracy out to 1000 yds compared to a Terrapin that was 5x the cost of the Leica.

voodoo_man
23 February 2016, 06:20
I fingerbanged the SIG at my local fun shop.

It's nice, but for the price...mehhh

BoilerUp
23 February 2016, 06:33
Is there a reason why the Vortex Ranger isn't on the shortlist? http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/ranger-1500-rangefinder

velocity2006
23 February 2016, 10:00
I will second the Vortex. All of their products are top notch, I have played with a few of their rangefinders and all measured quite accurately and easily.

SINNER
23 February 2016, 10:11
the Vortex Ranger 1000 sucked. Took forever to actually produce a measurement and you have to push multiple buttons numerous times to activate it every time. Pretty sure it's somewhere in my kids toys.

DeviantLogic
23 February 2016, 21:24
I fingerbanged the SIG at my local fun shop.

It's nice, but for the price...mehhh

You should write poetry.

velocity2006
23 February 2016, 22:05
the Vortex Ranger 1000 sucked. Took forever to actually produce a measurement and you have to push multiple buttons numerous times to activate it every time. Pretty sure it's somewhere in my kids toys.

Odd, never had any issues with the 3 I have used over the last 2 years. I don't personally own one, but have 2 friends that use them on the regular. They read much quicker than Bushnell or Nikon units I have used. Obviously not Steiner or Leica quality, but sub 500 I think you'd be hard pressed to find something better than Vortex.

Sak007
23 February 2016, 23:23
I'm a big Vortex fan and have 5 of their optics but I found the Bushnell for $399 , is the Vortex worth the extra $$$
I just found the Sig for $399 also

voodoo_man
24 February 2016, 04:42
You should write poetry.

If Shakespeare cursed in every sentence no one would think he's a genius.

SINNER
24 February 2016, 06:13
I find it very hard to believe that the Sig will meet its specifications but if it actually does it is hands down the best deal in range finders out right now.

What are your plans with this range finder? 99% of these low end range finders struggle to get past 600 yards with a non reflective target. I wish I had all the money people (including myself) throw away on range finders that can't range to distances they require. They are really more for archery and golf than precision shooting past 500 yards.

Sak007
24 February 2016, 19:34
I have a range by my house that has a 100 yd pistol and 500 yd rifle range with steel at 50 yd increments & a 1000 yd+ gong shot , but I also have a 2 mile + clearing and elk and bear to range .From what Ive read on the Sig is that it's possible the best range finder under $500 if not $100 .
Liberty Optics is "all in" on this product as the best LRF under $500 ever made, and maybe the best under $1000.

Extreme accuracy is what SIG was after when they engineered the KILO2000. 
 Updating at 4X per second in HyperScan mode, the KILO2000 rangefinder with patented LightWave DSP technology is amazingly fast as well. Couple that with the ability to range reflective targets at 3400 yards, trees at 1500 yards, and deer at 1200 yards for simple, intuitive long distance ranging. The built in inclinometer calculates AMR Angle Modified Range for angled shots. Our proprietary Lumatic OLED Display, automatically adjusts display intensity to match ambient light conditions, bright in bright conditions and dim in twilight to protect your eye. The KILO2000’s simplified user interface displays your system status and while ranging, only provides your necessary data.

SINNER
24 February 2016, 20:00
I recently handled and viewed to about 500 yards the new Sig optics and honestly they are incredibly nice. The specs are damn impressive for that price. If it does that it's a game changer. Who has the Sig's for $399?

Sak007
24 February 2016, 21:04
http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=SOK16701
The site looked a bit shady but several people said they had no problems with them & I looked them up on BBB , still seems a bit shady .At that price shipped I might have to pull the trigger .