PDA

View Full Version : WTB: AXTS lower receiver

Joelski
25 February 2016, 16:51
Not much chance this'll happen, but can't hurt to ask. If you have one, let me know.

UWone77
25 February 2016, 16:57
If you find one. Grab it. Eric Anderson confirmed that no stripped lower sales for the foreseeable future.

Joelski
25 February 2016, 17:36
Probably more than I'll want to pay anyway.

titanse05
25 February 2016, 18:19
They are going for twice the original price if you find someone willing to part with it.

Mine's SBR'd so no selling mine.

Good luck in your search.

rob_s
25 February 2016, 18:45
Which type are you looking for? Billet or forged?

Joelski
25 February 2016, 18:53
Reasonably affordable. IOW, don't care as long as the price is fair.

I hope a stripped lower would go for the neighborhood of Noveske's overpriced stuff. My want would taper off dramatically above that. Not trying to come off as insulting, but so many other great parts are out there at a stable cost range. I don't believe in paying for name equity up front on a standard part. This is an example of what Gibson does. They sell you a $1,000 guitar with their name on it at $5,000. It sells on the secondary market for a substantial hit, so it takes a dozen or more years to get to what it brought at retail. I'm a Fender guy, so I have a great guitar at a quarter of the cost. I didn't say cheap guitar... Both are nice instruments, one clearly is far more proud of their headstock decals.

bzdog
25 February 2016, 18:55
Note the billet and forged have different feature sets.

rob_s
25 February 2016, 18:57
Note the billet and forged have different feature sets.

Exactly. And the billet was 2x the price of the forged. IIRC

I have a billet.

Joelski
25 February 2016, 19:02
Exactly. And the billet was 2x the price of the forged. IIRC

I have a billet.

Billet is good. Ambidextrous, no doubt?

bzdog
25 February 2016, 19:03
If you find one. Grab it. Eric Anderson confirmed that no stripped lower sales for the foreseeable future.

It's unfortunate. I'd like another myself but I'm not that interested in their complete rifles.

-john

bzdog
25 February 2016, 19:04
Billet (model AX556) has a superset of features.

Yes, ambi.

-john

Joelski
25 February 2016, 19:08
I think I'd prefer a forged. I have enough billet and controls I don't use. I'm not interested in a complete rifle, either. I think they're missing the boat for sure.

bzdog
25 February 2016, 19:10
I'm guessing there is just more money in complete rifles vs stripped lowers.

-john

Joelski
25 February 2016, 19:12
No doubt. How many of us would own ACR's and SCARs if we could do them our way?

rob_s
26 February 2016, 02:12
I found one reference via Google search to the billet, full ambi, having retailed for $450+, stripped of all but the proprietary parts.

For those that are unclear, the forged lowers are just like any other forged lower except that when the mag release is held in and the charging handle retracted, the bolt locks to the rear. The billet also has the ambi bolt release, and (mine at least) BAD 45* safety. Mine also happens to have a geissele 3-gun trigger in it.

bzdog
26 February 2016, 07:03
I think AXTS calls that bolt lock feature "ADAC".

I don't know if you are looking for the AXTS features or specifically an AXTS lower.

If the former, I recall AXTS licensed the ADAC feature to Rainier Arms (and maybe one other company). I don't know if those lowers are available or if they are forged or billet.

That said, AFAIK, they have NOT licensed the ambi bolt release, so the only place you can get that is on thie AX556 billet lower.

-john

Dstrbdmedic167
26 February 2016, 07:22
Rainier still has the ADAC forged lower is stock for $175...

https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-a-dac-f-lower-receiver

Joelski
26 February 2016, 07:26
Yep. Really wanted the axts, but will consider the Rainier a legit possibility.

Aragorn
26 February 2016, 12:42
There's always Umbrella...

Stone
26 February 2016, 13:31
There's always Umbrella...

Last time I went on their website they had absolutely nothing in stock. Not one single product. How does a company stay in business with zero inventory...

UWone77
26 February 2016, 13:36
Last time I went on their website they had absolutely nothing in stock. Not one single product. How does a company stay in business with zero inventory...

I have 4 Umbrella Lowers. Had to wait on the notify me list for 2 years total to get them all... never really understood their sale model as they are still very sought after. They would absolutely kill it, if they kept products in stock regularly.

ROG
26 February 2016, 14:08
I have 4 Umbrella Lowers. Had to wait on the notify me list for 2 years total to get them all... never really understood their sale model as they are still very sought after. They would absolutely kill it, if they kept products in stock regularly.

I know they do their best to fulfill dealer/distributor orders, so most of their inventory most likely ends up on our shelves. For a relatively small company, I imagine it can be difficult to fulfill wholesale orders, as well as keeping their own shelves stocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stone
26 February 2016, 20:21

Would you be willing to sell one? or barter for some Ag. [:D] Oh and free thread bump for Joelski[BD]

Joelski
26 February 2016, 20:39
Would you be willing to sell one? or barter for some Ag. [:D] Oh and free thread bump for Joelski[BD]

Hey! Get your own WTB/WTTF thread!

Stone
26 February 2016, 20:47

Man I just spit water all over my monitor I was laughing so hard. Sorry man, I saw a window and jumped through it.:P

Joelski
26 February 2016, 21:01
My boy U-Dub stuck a fat chick under there for ya to land on. Watch out for the flour cloud! :D

UWone77
26 February 2016, 21:55

Ha! Now that's funny!

I do have a couple of Billets consecutive serial'ed ones, I might be open to letting one go. Would depend though. I think I overspent on them in the first place. Where were you guys a few months ago when dstrbdmedic was selling his? Seemed like he had to bump it a few times.

Dstrbdmedic167
27 February 2016, 04:26
Yea ikr... I ended up selling it for $250 locally...

Stone
27 February 2016, 07:57
Yea ikr... I ended up selling it for $250 locally...

Yeah I had other things in the works and when I checked back it was sold already. Let me know UW. Not in any real hurry...

SINNER
29 February 2016, 10:44
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_158/1516819_FS__AXTS_FDE_Complete_Lower__Modified_w_pr ice_adjustment_.html

velocity2006
29 February 2016, 11:40
Good god that price lol...

fledge
29 February 2016, 11:47
I didn't think the price was that bad. I bought mine new from AXTS and I think it was around $400. Add in the extras and you're up to approx $700 plus cerekote. Then a scarcity upcharge. More versatile than BAD PDW lower which is $900 without trigger.

UWone77
29 February 2016, 11:48
Good god that price lol...

Well they are charging $2895 for a complete Rifle, and $1850 for the upper, so it's right on par for a lower that's not being sold separately. [BD]

rob_s
29 February 2016, 11:53
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_158/1516819_FS__AXTS_FDE_Complete_Lower__Modified_w_pr ice_adjustment_.html

Wow. Mine doesn't have the stupid-coat, but I have a better trigger. I should probably look into selling it again...

velocity2006
29 February 2016, 12:11
Well they are charging $2895 for a complete Rifle, and $1850 for the upper, so it's right on par for a lower that's not being sold separately. [BD]

I think for the amount of a complete rifle I would rather have a SCAR 17. If they ever came out with receiver sets I would probably be more interested. The boutique rifle scene has gotten a bit out of control with pricing IMO.

UWone77
29 February 2016, 12:24
I think for the amount of a complete rifle I would rather have a SCAR 17. If they ever came out with receiver sets I would probably be more interested. The boutique rifle scene has gotten a bit out of control with pricing IMO.

I think there is a limit to how many 3k rifles the market will support. I do wish AXTS would sell receiver sets as well.

velocity2006
29 February 2016, 12:27
BTW hows that 300 dollar charging handle? [BD]

Joelski
29 February 2016, 13:49
I could not buy an Erathr3 Metro Blaster for that price!

Joelski
29 February 2016, 14:33
My Strider habit picked my pocket.

http://cdn3.volusion.com/cwhhs.ntmeb/v/vspfiles/photos/SK0698-2.jpg?1391769048

UWone77
29 February 2016, 14:33
BTW hows that 300 dollar charging handle? [BD]

This one? Haven't used it yet. Waiting for an EraThr3 Set for it.

Joelski
29 February 2016, 14:38
Was it blessed by the Pope? What are you going to wear when you use it? Hair gel? Cologne? It is a lifestyle accessory, after all!

[:D]

bzdog
29 February 2016, 20:22
While I'm not overly interested in most EraThr3 gear, the idea of a titanium Raptor is enticing. But then again, I have a weakness for titanium. If only it wasn't heavier than the standard one I might have bit.

-john

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thompson
29 February 2016, 21:17
What are you going to wear when you use it? Hair gel? Cologne?
Tube socks.

velocity2006
29 February 2016, 21:18
He is going to go full fishnet with a Darth Vader helmet.

rob_s
1 March 2016, 06:06
I guess this is fully hijacked now...

I frankly don't "get" the $3k rifle market as a whole. This after chasing down that rabbit hole myself for quite some time. Hence why I'd love to offload my AXTS.

bzdog
1 March 2016, 10:20
Rob_S, check your PM.

-john

rob_s
3 March 2016, 05:05
Well it turns out I also happen to have an ADAC-F forged lower. It has an SSA trigger in it and a prototype bolt release from Redimag attached (allows dropping of the bolt with the trigger finger like the BAD from Magpul, but is less obtrusive and doesn't engage the bolt catch since that's done by the mag release button.

Anywho, if the OP or others are interested I can try to get pics.

UWone77
3 March 2016, 06:04
Well it turns out I also happen to have an ADAC-F forged lower. It has an SSA trigger in it and a prototype bolt release from Redimag attached (allows dropping of the bolt with the trigger finger like the BAD from Magpul, but is less obtrusive and doesn't engage the bolt catch since that's done by the mag release button.

Anywho, if the OP or others are interested I can try to get pics.

Rob, you might want to start a new thread, so more people see what you have.

Joelski
12 March 2016, 18:41
Dammit! Just ordered one from Rainier! Crap...