PDA

View Full Version : WTB: FDE 20-rounder PMAGS

EO3
25 February 2016, 21:16
I can't find these suckers anywhere!!! I only want one or two. Don't mind even if they're used as long as they're in decent shape

Anyone?

Someone here's gotta have at least one they're willing to give up!

tappedandtagged
26 February 2016, 00:39
Have you considered the Lancer mags? Better than/as good as Pmags IMO.

gatordev
26 February 2016, 08:10
When you say "FDE," do you mean FDE or Sand? I don't think they make the FDE 20 rounders anymore, so if they're out there, it's probably new old stock. That said, I was struggling to find the Sand 20 rounders two weeks ago, as well. Snagged three from DSG, but looks like both them and Exile Machine are out.

SINNER
26 February 2016, 08:31
Pmags only come in black or sand now regardless of capacity.

EO3
26 February 2016, 08:49
When you say "FDE," do you mean FDE or Sand? I don't think they make the FDE 20 rounders anymore, so if they're out there, it's probably new old stock. That said, I was struggling to find the Sand 20 rounders two weeks ago, as well. Snagged three from DSG, but looks like both them and Exile Machine are out.

I do mean FDE, and I do realize they aren't produced any longer. This is mostly an attempt to see if anyone has any of their own that they are willing to part with, but also the VERY slim chance that they are still being sold somewhere online. [BD]

WHSmithIV
26 February 2016, 09:35
Found some 20 round sand on Gunbroker but none of the FDE ones. Some 20 round black ones also. I'll keep my eyes open.

EO3
26 February 2016, 09:42
Found some 2 round sand on Gunbroker but none of the FDE ones. Some 20 round black ones also. I'll keep my eyes open.

Thank you, sir! I've been able to find 20-round M3's in black or sand pretty easily. Really hoping I can just find someone that's willing to part with a couple they already own!

schambers
26 February 2016, 10:43
If you post a WTB ad on a larger forum you can probably find some... or you can dye some of the new sand pmags

EO3
26 February 2016, 11:40
If you post a WTB ad on a larger forum you can probably find some... or you can dye some of the new sand pmags

I've posted on m4carbine. May have to resort to buying a few sand mags and some RIT dye...

SINNER
26 February 2016, 12:00
Or get some USGI mags and Cerakote them.

Deadwing
26 February 2016, 17:02
Old style 20-rounders in ODG (http://www.surplusammo.com/magpul-pmag-20-round-5-56x45-ar15-m16-magazine-olive-drab-green/). Could always Cerakote them FDE.

schambers
29 February 2016, 10:58
this guy is selling 6 new FDE 20 round pmags

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_138/1523914_WTT_foliage_and_fde_Magpul_mags.html

KW900A
1 March 2016, 11:40
I bought some from primary arms a few weeks ago

Edit - never mind, you are looking for 20 round

Joelski
1 March 2016, 12:39
Found some 20 round sand on Gunbroker but none of the FDE ones. Some 20 round black ones also. I'll keep my eyes open.

Here's an idea: I know lots of guys that dye knife handle scales with RIT. If micarta can take dye, why couldn't polymer? Similar properties, just a different viscosity, due mainly to... the POLYMER! Worth a try on a sand 20 rounder. Pretty sure you can find coyote brown and just time the immersion for a lighter color.

Of course, it could be a complete flop, but at 2 bones you aren't gonna be out much.

PS: I wouldn't recommend boiling the mag in the soup, but something cooler should still work.

gatordev
1 March 2016, 14:43
Here's an idea: I know lots of guys that dye knife handle scales with RIT. If micarta can take dye, why couldn't polymer? Similar properties, just a different viscosity, due mainly to... the POLYMER! Worth a try on a sand 20 rounder. Pretty sure you can find coyote brown and just time the immersion for a lighter color.

Of course, it could be a complete flop, but at 2 bones you aren't gonna be out much.

PS: I wouldn't recommend boiling the mag in the soup, but something cooler should still work.

The Sand mags are actually made to be dyed. They're slightly bigger than the previous gen mags, but after a class this weekend, I'm sold. Every single time I ran empty with my FDE mags, I had a failed to lock issue (a known issue with the earlier 20 rounders). When I'd shoot with the new M3 20 rounders (that happened to be Sand), no issues.

Joelski
1 March 2016, 15:04
That's odd. I ran a dozen 30 rnd fde mags through my blackout with no issues.

gatordev
1 March 2016, 16:21
That's odd. I ran a dozen 30 rnd fde mags through my blackout with no issues.

The issue isn't the color, but the mag design. The earlier 20 rounders (all colors) were known to not always lock the bolt back. After playing with the M3, the design (I have no idea if it's the spring, the geometry, or something else) makes the follower harder to push down, but still completely functional. The original 20 rounders were straight, the M3 20 rounders have a curve like the 30 rounders always have. Not sure if that's part of it, but interesting to note.

Thompson
1 March 2016, 16:37
After playing with the M3, the design (I have no idea if it's the spring, the geometry, or something else) makes the follower harder to push down, but still completely functional.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought I remember reading about some slight geometry changes between Gen M2 and M3.

gatordev
1 March 2016, 17:32
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought I remember reading about some slight geometry changes between Gen M2 and M3.

Could be. There's definitely a difference between what I have and what I just bought. I'm guessing mine are Gen 1. Oops, I mean "M1."

Deadwing
1 March 2016, 17:50
I'm fairly certain the M3 20-rounders share the same constant-curve geometry of the 30-rounders, whereas all previous generation 20-rounders were straight-bodied. I don't think the 30-rounder's geometry changed.

mustangfreek
2 March 2016, 02:23
Magpul reported problems with the early m3 20 rounders, and gladly swapped out those for newer ones, this was a year or so ago, I have some from that time and newer and have all ran flawless in 556

I do wish I had gotten more gen 2 20's more do for the colors..wish Magpul would do some fde and od m3 mags along with grey..but not gonna happen..

That's what Cerakote and such is for unless you want to pay the premium for gen 2's, there all over the forums at about 15-20 a piece