PDA

View Full Version : Prince William County VA Officer Ashley Guindon killed in the line of duty 2/27/16

KW900A
28 February 2016, 19:05
28 year old officer shot and killed responding to a domestic on her very first day on duty. Two other officers were also shot, but survived. Please keep her family in your prayers. My wife and I are very good friends with a female officer here in town who is taking it pretty hard. There is never a good time for this, but it was her first day, that's just terrible. The killer is in custody.

BoilerUp
28 February 2016, 19:23
And suspect is an Army E-6...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/28/accused-cop-killer-was-army-staff-sergeant-assigned-to-pentagon.html

Thompson
28 February 2016, 19:24
Just started to catch wind of this earlier today. Such a small world we live in. Prayers to the family.

I hope you guys are holding okay too.

UWone77
28 February 2016, 19:28
I was talking to a couple of coworkers today about that. Easy just to picture a new officer, on her first day, with the FTO telling her, ok kid, go up to the house. First one out of the car to the door, and the first target.

Just a terrible situation. I feel for her family and coworkers.

WHSmithIV
28 February 2016, 20:45
My heart breaks for the LEO's and their families going through this. Way too many have been getting killed. Even one is too many.

Joelski
28 February 2016, 21:32
That's the most awful scenario for this lady's family. Loss of such a young, dedicated life is bad enough, but having that possibility strike on day one is the worst. Godspeed, Officer.

Army203
29 February 2016, 03:04
Prayers to her and her family. I also feel bad for the 11 year old boy who was at home when this happened.

tappedandtagged
29 February 2016, 05:50
Beyond sad. This just isn't supposed to happen, not on your first day. I'm sure the FTO is taking a hard hit. Prayers for the family and FTO as well.

voodoo_man
29 February 2016, 06:53
Another funeral.

I hate funerals.

Jerry R
29 February 2016, 09:18
Words never seem to be adequate to convey the feelings during a time like this. Too young, too soon - heartbreaking. Our prayers for her and the family.

Eric
29 February 2016, 10:11
RIP Officer Guindon. It's especially disheartening when it's somebody from the same team that committed the heinous crime.