PDA

View Full Version : And now I want a sword.... Sigh.

Pyzik
29 February 2016, 11:05
So Nutnfancy posted a video on "working" katana swords. Now I want a sword again, damn it.

I used to waste a bunch of money on cheap Pakistani (ect.) swords before I could buy my own guns and whack things until they broke.
Had always kind of wanted a "real" sword and now I do again.

It's always something.

velocity2006
29 February 2016, 12:17
I have one from Ronin Katana it is nice, and sharp as hell. I did a lot of research before buying, these are Chinese made, but still traditionally forged depending on which tier you go with. Most of the higher tier swords are dojo ready if you are looking for that. It is not very practical, but it is a nice BBQ piece.

Some are made with a single steel, but still deferentially hardened, others are traditionally folded layered steel. Unless you have the coin to drop on a real Japanese forged katana these are the next best thing. I'll have to get some pictures of it eventually, the blade on mine is solid 1060 steel deferentially hardened with a real hammon, so it looks the part.

They run a sale once a year around spring time on a bunch of blems that saves you a lot of money.

voodoo_man
29 February 2016, 12:25
nutnfancy?

Seriously dude?

Is this board going all derp on me?

vickers, haley, that douche nozzle trexarms or whatever his fake operator ass calls himself and now nutnfancy?

Why do I even come here?

velocity2006
29 February 2016, 12:29
I could care less what shitfancy endorses, I just like blades of all forms.

Pyzik
29 February 2016, 12:33
nutnfancy?

Seriously dude?

vickers, haley, that douche nozzle trexarms or whatever his fake operator ass calls himself and now nutnfancy?

Why do I even come here?
Lol. Don't care for nutn?
I don't like all his videos but do enjoy his philosophy videos. Though I hate the term sheepdog. Literally, HATE it.

Sorry broseph.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Pyzik
29 February 2016, 12:34
I could care less what shitfancy endorses, I just like blades of all forms.
This to a point. And as he's gotten older some of his reviews make me say "huh"?

Thompson
29 February 2016, 13:19
nutnfancy?

Seriously dude?

Why do I even come here?
LOL, is there anyone you do LIKE?

Good thing I didn't post a selfie in my HSP t-shirt the other day [BD]

Swords never quite interested me, but Katanas may be the only exception. Frankly though, I'm more interested in bayonets.

velocity2006
29 February 2016, 13:22
LOL, is there anyone you do LIKE?

Good thing I didn't post a selfie in my HSP t-shirt the other day [BD]

Swords never quite interested me, but Katanas may be the only exception. Frankly though, I'm more interested in bayonets.

As long as you take the picture after an AK ND [BD]

Thompson
29 February 2016, 13:23
As long as you take the picture during an AK ND [BD]
Fixed it for ya.

voodoo_man
29 February 2016, 13:37
As I've stated, ad nauseam, that I have an issue with the biggest DB's of the gun/tactical/training industry.

If you have a youtube page that you post "reviews" on about stuff you have literally zero understanding about or experience with using for the way that item was designed to be used, you are a shill fuck that is worthless.

If you try to teach people how to "operate" and you have never operated yourself, or have no real world "gun in hand" experience you are a shill fuck that is going to get someone killed.

If you conduct yourself (and as an extension, your business) in an unethical manner, then after being called out on it get those people banned from forums (as vickers and haley have done, numerous times) you are a shill fuck that doesn't deserve the respect of anyone with an iota of moral or ethical fiber in their body.

It is really easy to do business ethically, morally and within the confines of good intentions. When you have people who clearly sidestep all of that to make a buck, you are not only cheating yourself, but you are creating a situation where you are going to, potentially, get people hurt.

I've heard and seen so much derp, not just online, but in person that it is really sad and sickening. I've had to unfuck several students of vickers and haley that train exactly how they are taught by those two and its is most definitely going to get them killed one day.

I can go on, I can write a thesis on this whole topic, but I feel as though you guys understand where I am coming from and will probably just respond with whitty meme's, as you should since none of these jokers are worth serious thought.

UWone77
29 February 2016, 14:38
Don't mind voodoo ... he's in a bad mood today. [:D]

voodoo_man
29 February 2016, 14:41
Don't mind voodoo ... he's in a bad mood today. [:D]

I am actually in a spectacular mood.

SINNER
29 February 2016, 16:00
Today was shit. VD rant made me smile. And he's right.

Stupid ass sword thread anyway.

Lol

UWone77
29 February 2016, 16:05
Today was shit. VD rant made me smile. And he's right.

Stupid ass sword thread anyway.

Lol

Something to do with Aero CS? [:)]

Pyzik
29 February 2016, 16:12
Voodoo, that's you running that @Save_the_gun_industry page on IG isn't it!

SINNER
29 February 2016, 17:05
Something to do with Aero CS? [:)]

Wasn't exactly what I wanted to see first thing this morning but honestly the package from Cole-TAC offset that. [:D]

The third trip to the accountant and one of my crews having a major screw up is what ruined the day. Lol

Joelski
1 March 2016, 03:27
This to a point. And as he's gotten older some of his reviews make me say "huh"?

Watching those videos is like watching 70's rasslin. It sucks the I.Q. points out, and sooner of later, you're drinking the koolaid. FYI his earlier vids had that same "huh?"
effect, too.

Joelski
1 March 2016, 03:32
Put some gun money into an EDC blade. You'll get far more kicks out of admiring that quality piece you own (not that, stop it; you'll go blind and Paki-steel dulls quickly on palm hair) plus, you can use it in public without becoming the main ingredient in a police - involved shooting. AFAIK, there is no #RoninLivesMatter (yet).

[:D]

voodoo_man
1 March 2016, 04:40
Voodoo, that's you running that @Save_the_gun_industry page on IG isn't it!

No but the guy has a point ;)

Pyzik
1 March 2016, 04:42
No but the guy has a point ;)
Hahaha, that page cracks me up.

voodoo_man
1 March 2016, 04:46
Put some gun money into an EDC blade. You'll get far more kicks out of admiring that quality piece you own (not that, stop it; you'll go blind and Paki-steel dulls quickly on palm hair) plus, you can use it in public without becoming the main ingredient in a police - involved shooting. AFAIK, there is no #RoninLivesMatter (yet).

As for EDC blades, accept no substitutes.

http://i.imgur.com/eMb4Oae.jpg (http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/02/rat-blade_20.html)

Pyzik
1 March 2016, 05:22

We have some fucked knife laws in MI.
Have to be careful.

I have some standard EDCs. Kershaw mostly. To me they're just tools and I don't get much excitement out of them.

I would kind of like a ZT566 though...

cjd3
4 March 2016, 21:33
Just don't do this with your blade

http://youtu.be/ntXkuqZ2Fo4

Deadwing
4 March 2016, 22:32
This video made me want a sword. Absolutely incredible craftsmanship. Too bad i'll never be able to afford one.

https://youtu.be/VE_4zHNcieM