PDA

View Full Version : 2A Armament XANTHOS-lite large frame .308 receiver set.

UWone77
21 March 2016, 22:19
These are now shipping in small batches as we get them off the machines!

BACK ORDERS ARE TYPICALLY 2-3 WEEKS OUT!

The XANTHOS-lite (http://www.2a-arms.com/collections/receivers/products/xanthos-lite-large-frame-receiver-set) was developed to give the end user a lightweight solution for the popular “large frame” 308 (LR308/SR-25) pattern of firearms. The XANTHOS-lite is geared towards the user who want’s quality material, design, and functionality in a large frame build. The XANTHOS-lite shares the common DPMS HIGH standard for rail height, and will accept most accessories on the market. The lightening cuts on the top of the receiver feature a tapered design to give aftermarket rails a seamless look from receiver to rail. Features such as a tensioning screw, and screw in pin for the bolt release are also included. A generous magazine well aid in reloading. The XANTHOS-lite (http://www.2a-arms.com/collections/receivers/products/xanthos-lite-large-frame-receiver-set) is sold only as a matched set.

Features:

3-D Machined from U.S.A. Certified 7075-T6 plate aluminum
Pocketed design reduces weight, and enhances appearance
Forward assist has been removed from upper to reduce weight
Bolt release features screw in pin (Included)
Integrated and lightened trigger guard
Machined T-Markings and minimized logo for a clean appearance
Tapered charging handle ramp to eliminate unsightly wear marks
DPMS Standard high rail height
Integrated tensioning screw guaranties a tight fit (included)
Bead blasted and hard coat anodized black (Type3 class2)
Weight: (16oz total) Stripped upper and lower combined
Compatible with most accessories on the market
Product of the great state of Idaho, MADE IN THE U.S.A.
SKU (2A-LFRS-1)

NOTE: Because of the non-standard state of the large frame market, some accessories may not work with the XANTHOS-lite (http://www.2a-arms.com/collections/receivers/products/xanthos-lite-large-frame-receiver-set) set. Although every effort is made to make our products as compatible as possible, the XANTHOS-lite (http://www.2a-arms.com/collections/receivers/products/xanthos-lite-large-frame-receiver-set) can not be guaranteed to work with all products on the market.

MSRP: $689

http://www.2a-arms.com/collections/receivers/products/xanthos-lite-large-frame-receiver-set

Ratfink
21 March 2016, 22:24
Must have it. I couldn't have seen this at a better time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fledge
21 March 2016, 22:32
This deserves a WEVO group buy with matching rail.

UWone77
21 March 2016, 22:34
This deserves a WEVO group buy with matching rail.

Ha... the 2A guys do check in once in awhile here. I've always wanted a 5.56 set.

fledge
21 March 2016, 22:45
Ryan has said he'd like to do a group buy for us. This set matches WEVO's mission very well.

I have a 556 set. Machining and design is amazing.

Naytwan
21 March 2016, 23:21
Vert nice.

SINNER
22 March 2016, 01:53
Nice looking set but the lightened part makes me laugh on a .308 pattern rifle. All those relief cuts likely saves about the same weight as an inch of barrel length.

fledge
22 March 2016, 07:02
Description says, the weight of this set is 1lb. That's the equivalent of a Mega maten stripped lower alone.

UWone77
22 March 2016, 10:44
Description says, the weight of this set is 1lb. That's the equivalent of a Mega maten stripped lower alone.

These definitely look great, and no doubt typical 2A quality... but not sure how much weight I'm looking to save on a 308 set though. That's why I've always wanted one of their 5.56 sets. [:D]

Joelski
22 March 2016, 12:28
Curious guy question: how come you almost never see .308 receivers with forward assist? I know Armalites had them, but they are as common as hens teeth anymore. Is this d/t evolution, or lack of need/ low ftf rate? Both?

fledge
22 March 2016, 12:33
Their aim is a 7lb rifle. I find lightweight for the larger bore even more practical for walking in the woods.

mustangfreek
23 March 2016, 02:49
Their aim is a 7lb rifle. I find lightweight for the larger bore even more practical for walking in the woods.

That would be nice I just built a 16" bo and its as heavy or heavier then my last hunting gun-ruger m77 7mm..as it wasn't what I wanted to build but it happened and now not real sure about the long barrel bo idea with no can

Anyways nice looking set here, and it does say complete upper and lower 1 lb, that's light but like sinner says you can just get a shorter barrel and save some coin, $700 for this set, and then your gonna want some other bad ass parts , gonna add up fast $$$

Brahmzy
23 March 2016, 05:33
Nobody said custom, quality, lightweight 308s were inexpensive. I just built a 7.5lb MATEN and it was a pricey build.
Lots of V7 parts.

fledge
23 March 2016, 09:09
You can get lightweight 16" 308 barrels which maximizes weight even more (Faxon 16" barrel is 2lb). Scope weight would be free with such weight savings.

For me it's either this or the Mega SF-Maten for a lightweight 308. A group buy of receivers with rail would push me toward 2A cause it has cleaner lines.

UWone77
23 March 2016, 09:32
I wonder what a group buy price would be. Last thing I need is another receiver set, but I guess that's never stopped me before.

fledge
23 March 2016, 09:44
That's the spirit. Haha

I don't know if the rails are available yet.

EO3
23 March 2016, 10:12
I wonder what a group buy price would be. Last thing I need is another receiver set, but I guess that's never stopped me before.

I'm with you, as I'm much more interested in a 5.56 receiver set of theirs. The .308 looks great, but I think lightweight receivers would be much nicer and more practical for a 5.56 build.

mustangfreek
23 March 2016, 12:58
Nobody said custom, quality, lightweight 308s were inexpensive. I just built a 7.5lb MATEN and it was a pricey build.
Lots of V7 parts.

Oh I get it, but not everyone can play on the same level...lol

fledge
23 March 2016, 13:55
What are you guys doing that you need to reduce a 6lb gun down to 5lbs? I like the novelty and have one but I don't find it adds anything practically speaking. But reducing a 9-10lb rifle to 7lbs is substantial weight savings. Here in CO, the small bore rifle isn't your hunting rifle. Maybe the 1lb weight savings means more to the hog and whitetail hunters among us...

I've been thinking of selling my 2a lower to fund something more practical. Would easily trade it for the XANTHOS.

GaSwamper
23 March 2016, 17:42
Awesome looking set, regardless of weight savings this thing is nice. I've got a big bore project I'm tossing around and trying to hold out for a small frame set that is supposed to be coming to market within the next year, but this is extremely tempting. If it was a small frame I would already be on the list, but if we just so happen to do a group.... I would have to consider it.

tlbrush
7 December 2016, 18:53
Hello everyone. New hear but liking what I am reading. Anyone that has one of these want to speculate if there is enough meat around the ejection port to open it up for an RSAUM build?

GOST
7 December 2016, 20:27
I don't have one of those but welcome aboard.

Tyrannosaur
8 December 2016, 06:43
I've been gearing up for a 308 build. Maten is never in stock and I've been dying for a set. I plan on getting a centurion cmr 308 rail which is the high dpms. But it is a pain in the ass it looks to make everything compatible in these builds. Unfortunately in commie NY to truly make unsafe build "compliant" you have to go from the ground d up or else you get sub par at best components assembled by half blind monkeys.