PDA

View Full Version : WTS/WTT Extensive Home Security/Automation System

Battle Cock
25 March 2016, 19:20
Hey all,

I've got something a little different from the usual WTS posts here on WEVO. Its not your usual tactical gear or firearm post, but it is in the realm of self defense and personal protection.

For sale/trade:
http://d1unzhqf5a606m.cloudfront.net/images/large/honeywell-l5200-lynx-touch-wireless-home-security-system-and-alarm-control-panel.jpg?1398868551

Honeywell Lynx Touch 5200 All-In-One Wireless Home and Business Control System
Includes:

1 L5200 Control Panel
1 Cellular Communication Module
1 Wifi Communication Module
1 Zwave Automation Module
11 Door/Window Contacts
1 Monitored* Smoke Detector (*monitored if subscribed to third party monitoring)
1 Glassbreak Detector
1 Medical/Panic Pendant
1 RF Keyfob Remote
7 Motion detectors

From Honeywell:

Description

Honeywell’s LYNX Touch 5200 all-in-one home and business control system features a crystal clear, full-color touchscreen with graphic icons and intuitive prompts for easy operation. It features live video on demand, Z-Wave® automation capabilities, advanced alarm communications, garage door notification and control, tornado alerts for U.S. and Canadian residents, and remote software upgradeability.

The Wi-Fi® module offers the lowest cost alarm communications (including two-way voice) and remote services solution – saving installation time and reducing monthly operating costs.

LYNX Touch 5200 provides security dealers with the flexibility they need to service all of their customers, whether they rely on mobile phones or VoIP.

Honeywell’s LYNX Connect app provides consumers with the ability to use an iOS or Android™ device to view video and operate the system on premises.

The Z-Wave connectivity module lets installers integrate security, lighting, locks, thermostats, water valves and more – for local and remote control. With Honeywell Total Connect® Remote Services, users can control security, thermostats, lighting, locks, receive alerts and more from wherever they are with most smartphones, tablets and computers.

Features

Integrated Z-Wave® Support

Up to three thermostats (HVAC system or battery powered) with 1°F and 0.5°C set points
Four door locks
– Jammed locks reported to Honeywell Total Connect® Remote Services
40 devices (lights, switches and lamp modules)
20 scenes
20 rules (event-based actions)
20 schedules (time-based actions)
Sunrise/sunset lighting control
Randomized lighting control

Wi-Fi®

IEEE 802.11 B/G/N radio
Supports alarm reporting
Supports two-way voice
LYNX Connect app supports up to four mobile iOS and Android™ devices

Communications

GSM radio – protocol supports
AT&T and Rogers™ networks
ADEMCO® Contact ID Reporting (four or ten digit account numbers)
SIA Format Reporting
Internet central station communication with L5100-WIFI or ILP5 module
GSM cellular central station communication with internal GSM radio
Selection for primary communication path when using dual paths
Touch activated radio registration
GSM radio signal strength display
Two-way voice communication over POTS, IP/Wi-Fi or GSM
Honeywell Total Connect ready

Alarm Output

Built-in 85 dB sounder with voice siren
Steady output for burglary/panic
Temporal pulse output for fire and carbon monoxide alarms
Long range radio/audio alarm verification

Programming

Options stored in EEROM
Can be uploaded, downloaded or controlled via IBM-compatible computer using Compass Downloader software and specified modem or via capable GSM, Wi-Fi or IP communications module
Intuitive programming interface reduces time and mistakes
Programming options selected from allowable list
Contextual options, defaults and pre-fills for faster set-up

Listings

UL 985, UL 1023, UL 1635
CAN/ULC-S545, CAN/ULC- Subject-C1023
ANSI/SIA CP-01-2010

System Power

Primary power: plug-in power supply, 110VAC to 9VDC, 2.7A output 300-04705V1 or 300-04065V1 (300-04063V1 in Canada)
Four or 24-hour backup battery: rechargeable nickel-metal hydride battery pack rated at 7.2Vdc
Operating temperature:
32°F – 122°F (0°C – 50°C)

Dimensions (approx)
6.1" H x 8.5" W x 1.71" D
(15.5cm H x 21.6cm W x 4.4cm D)

MSRP: ~$2500 Street Value: $1000-$1500 (With price being inverse to how much you can trust your source)

If you are considering a home or business security system, DIY is by far the most cost effective way to go.
This system is relatively simple to install (If you can assemble an AR using instructions you found on the internet, you can install this), and functions as an effective perimeter alert system. Third party monitoring options are available at far lower cost than going through a dealer. (Standard monthy rates from a dealer run $60-$80, while third party will run about $25 monthy) The cell unit is included for this purpose and I'm throwing in the wifi module for comm redundancy.
I am also including a Zwave Automation Module to allow you to connect smart home devices to the panel including but not limited to smart doorlocks, thermostats, and lights. These can even be controlled remotely with a smart phone if the system is connected to third party monitoring.
If you do not currently have a home security/fire detection system, installing one WILL get you a discount on your homeowners insurance. (How much of a discount depends on your insurance)

I originally acquired this system in trade to install for a relative but ended up just storing it in my closet for a year. The Control Panel and Communication Modules are new in box as well as most of the intrusion sensors. (Those which have been previously installed are all fully functional)

Any purchase or trade of this item comes with access to my professional knowledge of these systems to assist you with installation and programing of the control panel. I can also direct you to options for low cost monitoring. I have been in the security industry for several years and I've personally installed over 600 of these systems, and overseen installation of around 3000 of them, so its safe to say I have some subject matter expertise.

Just to put things into perspective: A dealers' standard package with include 1 control panel, 2-3 door/window contacts, 1 motion detector, 1 smoke detector, and will have an MMR of $50-$60 at the lowest. Standard monitoring contracts are 3-5 years. This package has a MUCH more extensive parts list and third party monitoring is generally no-contract.

I acquired this for about $1000 in trade value, so my asking cash price is $800 The number of sensors included in this package can cover virtually any structure and would be ideal for securing the premises of a business.
Trades for gun parts and/or accessories also interest me. A complete AR-15 upper would be ideal, but I am open to just about any ideas to consider in trade including a quality RDS or 1-4x optic . As much as I'd like to take a polymer frame handgun to stipple, that's not an option since I wont be in my state of residence for 6-8 months to do the transfer. (Unless you can meet me in Phoenix in less than 7 days)

Hit me with your offers and trade ideas, the worst I can do is say no!

Battle Cock
28 March 2016, 14:44
Bump