PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded my mount.

Joelski
27 March 2016, 18:16
I defer to the expertise of the forum. No more cheap, garbarge pics. I'm going to go shoot my expensive rifle and maybe someday, I'll be good enough to own an expensive scope and mount, but I probably won't take a good enough picture, so pretend I have a nightforce on a Borbo and drop it. This isn't the fourth grade, or is it?

Stickman
27 March 2016, 19:02
That doesn't look gay at all.

UWone77
27 March 2016, 19:03
Upgraded... like from... paper mache? [:D]

Joelski
27 March 2016, 20:42
I'm done. Either send a Bobro and a leupold so I can fit in or ban me.

UWone77
27 March 2016, 20:50

LOL. I was actually looking to see if we had a mount for T&E for you bro.

EO3
27 March 2016, 21:46

I've got an old PEPR that needs a home..... [:D]

mustangfreek
27 March 2016, 21:56
I've got an old PEPR that needs a home..... [:D]

Haha I knew that was gonna come up.....I think disturbedmedic needs another....[BD]

Joelski....lol....your good....if it was a PEPR and cheap bushy on that killer RA set I would of said something..oh wait....[BD]...

Josh S.
27 March 2016, 21:58
I wonder if I can get one of those Belkin SurgeMaster's in MLOK?

Sak007
27 March 2016, 23:35
I've been trying to figure out how to mount my PEPR to this

SINNER
28 March 2016, 06:02
Looks like a rebranded Warne mount. Better than a PEPR anyway. Only half gay. Lol

din
28 March 2016, 17:53
*cough*Unimount*cough*

JGifford
28 March 2016, 20:47
Looks like a rebranded Warne mount. Better than a PEPR anyway. Only half gay. Lol

If it's their new one, it's made by Seekins.

Joelski
28 March 2016, 20:50
Not gonna spend $300 on a mount, and another 1k+ for a scope just so I can post pictures of it. I need to build that skill before I dump money into gear. To do otherwise, IMO is the opposite of smart.

BoilerUp
28 March 2016, 21:09
Tough crowd. If you take that mount off I'd be curious to see pictures of the bottom so I can see what the recoil lugs look like. Some of the cheaper mounts just use the cross bolts but that doesn't look to be the case on that mount. I don't think Vortex would put their name on it if it didn't work. I am a fan of the Aero Precision mounts, though, for about the same price and they are made in the USA.

SINNER
29 March 2016, 13:56
If it's their new one, it's made by Seekins.

When did Seekins start making mounts? I know they made the Vortex rings but not their mounts. Vortex used Warne and Bobro for their mounts. I had heard they introduced a lower priced mount that was manufactured in China.

Joelski
29 March 2016, 14:13
Tough crowd. If you take that mount off I'd be curious to see pictures of the bottom so I can see what the recoil lugs look like. Some of the cheaper mounts just use the cross bolts but that doesn't look to be the case on that mount. I don't think Vortex would put their name on it if it didn't work. I am a fan of the Aero Precision mounts, though, for about the same price and they are made in the USA.

It has lugs.

SINNER
29 March 2016, 14:36
Made in USA or China? I might have missed that.

JGifford
29 March 2016, 15:07
Made in USA or China? I might have missed that.

Wait, nevermind. THIS is the good mount from Vortex.
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-precision-extended-cantilever-mount-30mm-riflescope

alamo5000
29 March 2016, 15:08

HAAAHAAAAA!!!!

Now I can't stop laughing!!!!

JGifford
29 March 2016, 15:11

"HAaaayyyyyy"

DUX
29 March 2016, 15:49
Rise your hand if you're a cold blooded Ninja killer who has truly put a scope mount through it's paces? Nunya? Yeah. :) Good mount man. Lots of fun on the range for showa!

Slippers
29 March 2016, 16:35
Rise your hand if you're a cold blooded Ninja killer who has truly put a scope mount through it's paces? Nunya? Yeah. :) Good mount man. Lots of fun on the range for showa!

Plenty of LE and Mil types on here that have put gear through the ringer in the line of duty.

DUX
29 March 2016, 16:46
Plenty of LE and Mil types on here that have put gear through the ringer in the line of duty.

Yep! My apologies sir.

UWone77
29 March 2016, 21:36
I defer to the expertise of the forum. No more cheap, garbarge pics. I'm going to go shoot my expensive rifle and maybe someday, I'll be good enough to own an expensive scope and mount, but I probably won't take a good enough picture, so pretend I have a nightforce on a Borbo and drop it. This isn't the fourth grade, or is it?

Don't take it personally Joel. Just ribbing you a little!

alamo5000
30 March 2016, 01:53
Don't take it personally Joel. Just ribbing you a little!

It's true. Everyone gets it now and again. :)

DeviantLogic
30 March 2016, 03:05
The new Vortex scope mounts do look sexy. Pairing with the Lantac doesn't hurt either.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/5ee50c8a0086a833b2ebb4bab02c1a64/tumblr_o1ziv2C3381thgs2xo1_1280.jpg

Dstrbdmedic167
30 March 2016, 05:20

Like UW said don't take it personal bro. I got and still get so much flax bc of the PEPR...

SINNER
30 March 2016, 05:22
This guy better hope he's not a ginger around here.

JGifford
30 March 2016, 05:57

Simply bolting a $2000 thin metal tube full of glass into a mount, and then subjecting it to the harmonics of firing a weapon "puts a mount through its paces":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYW3nkKAsiE

Former11B
30 March 2016, 06:28
Not gonna spend $300 on a mount, and another 1k+ for a scope just so I can post pictures of it. I need to build that skill before I dump money into gear. To do otherwise, IMO is the opposite of smart.

You see all the pictures of shot groups dont you? [BD]

Slippers
30 March 2016, 06:56
Simply bolting a $2000 thin metal tube full of glass into a mount, and then subjecting it to the harmonics of firing a weapon "puts a mount through its paces":

Pretty sure you didn't read what I was responding to. :)

gatordev
30 March 2016, 14:11
Like UW said don't take it personal bro. I got and still get so much flax bc of the PEPR...

I thought it was the upside down muzzle device? It's hard to keep track of these things...

Dstrbdmedic167
30 March 2016, 14:13
I thought it was the upside down muzzle device? It's hard to keep track of these things...

Just don't think too hard about all of it.. It'll give you a headache...

UWone77
30 March 2016, 16:04

And Mic Drop....

BoilerUp
30 March 2016, 18:49

Anyone would be stupid to admit on a public forum that they killed a Ninja in cold blood.

DUX
30 March 2016, 19:21
@BoilerUp; I hear a lot of guys talking about Scopes. I don't even think those things are real man!

DUX
31 March 2016, 06:35
@Joelski; I knew I found that mount familiar. My buddy from the 1st of the 9th--the one that was wounded in the Philippines--uses the same one. Good enough for a Marine Raider wounded in combat; good enough for anyone. :)

JGifford
1 April 2016, 20:57
@Joelski; I knew I found that mount familiar. My buddy from the 1st of the 9th--the one that was wounded in the Philippines--uses the same one. Good enough for a Marine Raider wounded in combat; good enough for anyone. :)

I'd want the mount used by the marine raider who didn't get wounded.

DUX
2 April 2016, 08:32
I'd want the mount used by the marine raider who didn't get wounded.

"Is that you Donald Trump? Is that me?" :)