PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get one of these?

Jerry R
31 March 2016, 12:06
eMail from BATFE on one of my e-files:

Good afternoon Mr. Ragan,

Please upload a letter to your e-forms account explaining your plans to make and register a short barrel rifle and what materials you are planning to use. This is required due to listing yourself as the original manufacturer of an SBR.

Thanks,

China Watkins

National Firearms Act Branch

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Joelski
31 March 2016, 12:36
Sounds like you listed yourself instead of the manufacturer of the lower on line 4a on your form 1.

Jerry R
31 March 2016, 12:40
Thanks Joel, actually I did. In reading the instructions, I must have screwed the pooch on both of them. Since they were not "manufactured" as an SBR, I thought I was supposed to use the "Form-1 Registration" item from the drop-down as the manufacturer. Oh well ... we'll see if the letter of explanation gets me out of this mess, or if I will have to resubmit.

Joelski
31 March 2016, 12:42
I messed up my trust name and my guy changed it and resubmitted the same day. There's hope!

Jerry R
31 March 2016, 12:47
Thanks. I edited my post above. I actually used "Form-1 Registration" as the manufacturer instead of Rainier. Thought that was correct. I will update the thread with results.

Jerry R
1 April 2016, 09:18
Examiner disapproved it - I have to resubmit. [bash]

Dstrbdmedic167
1 April 2016, 12:04
Examiner disapproved it - I have to resubmit. [bash]

Resubmit and send an email to Ted. He'll fix you up.

Jerry R
1 April 2016, 12:22
Resubmit and send an email to Ted. He'll fix you up.

Ted ??

I resubmitted both, and sent an email to China Watkins (examiner) asking if they had to go back to the end of the queue. She was working both applications. No response yet.

Dstrbdmedic167
1 April 2016, 12:26
Ted ??

Ted Clutter, Section Chief of the NFA branch. Resubmit your new application. In the email proved the disapproved and the new application control numbers. That will expedite the process on your new form.

https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2014/07/what-to-do-if-your-atf-eform-i.html

fledge
1 April 2016, 13:04
I sent to Ted yesterday to fix a form 1. Got approved in 13 hours.

Jerry R
1 April 2016, 13:17
Thanks Fledge - much appreciated.

fledge
1 April 2016, 13:37
I should clarify that I followed medic's link exactly.

Jerry R
1 April 2016, 14:02
Just received a series of emails from Ms. Watkins:

1) No you do not go to the back of the line
2) I have the new numbers (did she really say plural????) and will review them shortly
3) I have changed the status of both to approved - you should have official approval notifications via email shortly.
4) Both approvals with draft stamps arrived in my email - the two applications were a month apart.

I sent her a thank you note !!