PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Snap Shots

zero7one
7 March 2009, 23:59
Here are some shots of the gear that I am running right now. Comments appreciated.

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww265/zero7one/2009_03_07_IMG_7971.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww265/zero7one/2009_03_07_IMG_7975.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww265/zero7one/2009_03_07_IMG_7981.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww265/zero7one/2009_03_07_IMG_7984.jpg

airborneski
8 March 2009, 06:53
What J frame is that? I've got the 442 but w/ differant grips. Nice setups. I've got the Glock 17, but would rather have the 21.

Army Chief
8 March 2009, 07:19
I'm just on the iPhone at the moment, but it seems clear that you've got an eye for composition. Nicely done!

AC

scumhunter
8 March 2009, 07:52
Not a bad looking killing kit. I would tweak that glock with a weapon mounted light and a magwell. My Rock River is set up simular w/o the Eotech. I back up my well-being with a Ruger LCP but your revolver is a fine choice.

zero7one
8 March 2009, 08:47
What J frame is that? I've got the 442 but w/ differant grips. Nice setups. I've got the Glock 17, but would rather have the 21.

It is the 442. I just bought it new about a month ago. Not sure if they changed the grips recently or not. And I do love my G21.

I'm just on the iPhone at the moment, but it seems clear that you've got an eye for composition. Nicely done!

AC

Thank you. I was trying a different lighting technique last night. I like how it turned out.

Not a bad looking killing kit. I would tweak that glock with a weapon mounted light and a magwell. My Rock River is set up simular w/o the Eotech. I back up my well-being with a Ruger LCP but your revolver is a fine choice.

Again, Thank you.

airborneski
8 March 2009, 10:04
The grips are differant, I love my 442, totally concealable in shorts w/ my nemesis holster. My main carry piece.

Stickman
8 March 2009, 11:45
Good to see you over here on this board. The pictures are all nice, but I've got to say that last one is one of the best revolver pictures I've seen. I'll bet it would make a nice print.

I can't tell who made your setup, but it looks similar to the Tac Tailor 2 piece MAV. How do you like that setup for LE work? I've got a single MAV, and I think the 2 piece would have been a better choice for me.

zero7one
8 March 2009, 12:21
Good to see you over here on this board. The pictures are all nice, but I've got to say that last one is one of the best revolver pictures I've seen. I'll bet it would make a nice print.

I can't tell who made your setup, but it looks similar to the Tac Tailor 2 piece MAV. How do you like that setup for LE work? I've got a single MAV, and I think the 2 piece would have been a better choice for me.

Thanks Stick. This is a great forum. I appreciate the comment on the revolver pic. I could have cleaned it up a bit, taking some of the fingerprints off and such, but I had to balance camera time and family time last night. I'm sure you know how that goes.

You guessed right with the setup. It is a Tactical Tailor 2 piece MAV. It is a great piece of equipment and it is worth way more that I paid for it. It is extremely durable and it fits me perfectly. I added the "X" harness for comfort and "POLICE" is attached on the front and rear with "hook and pile" tape (aka Velcro), so I can tear it off when I go to a civilian range. The best part of the 2 piece MAV is that you can put it on like a jacket and buckle it in the front. Sometimes the 1 piece can be difficult to "get into", but the 2 piece is quick and simple. I just bought some 1st aid stuff to fill my pouch with. I bought some rubber door stops, but they are kinda bulky. I may try to design a collapsible door stop, that way you can carry more of them at once. And the triple mag pouch works great with my PMAGs.

Oh, and since I didn't say...the MAV is my "Active Shooter" setup, though I try to put it on every time that I deploy my rifle for muscle memory.

SHIHAN
8 March 2009, 18:38
If your G21 isnt a recent make check that it has the +1 trigger bar.

CAPT KIRK
8 March 2009, 19:23
Cool... Looks like you and I have similar tastes, minus the wheel gun.

zero7one
8 March 2009, 19:24
If your G21 isnt a recent make check that it has the +1 trigger bar.

This is the first time I have heard of this. Upon "googling" this "problem", I see that it affects the "EFG" serial number line, but does it affect all G21's? I have a "FNF" serial number, but still have a 4256 trigger bar, not a 4256-1. I'll have to check with someone from the range about this, since it is a department issued weapon. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh, in case you are wondering...I have had this same G21 since Feb 2005 and have NEVER had any problem with the handgun, other than the occasional operator error.

zero7one
8 March 2009, 19:25
Cool... Looks like you and I have similar tastes, minus the wheel gun.

I have the wheel gun as my BUG.

scumhunter
9 March 2009, 18:09
So are you apposed to mounting a light on your 21 or is it a no-no with the department issued weapon? You're clearly a fellow gear nerd so I'm trying to wrap my mind around the lack of an illumination device.
You also said this is your active shooter kit. Are you on a tac-team or are you just one of the few well prepared LEOs out there on the street?

zero7one
9 March 2009, 18:25
So are you apposed to mounting a light on your 21 or is it a no-no with the department issued weapon? You're clearly a fellow gear nerd so I'm trying to wrap my mind around the lack of an illumination device.
You also said this is your active shooter kit. Are you on a tac-team or are you just one of the few well prepared LEOs out there on the street?

I'm not opposed to a weapon light, and it is not a no-no with the dept, though you have to have a need other than it being a want...i.e. K9. And trust me, I have plenty of illumination, just none attached to the G21.

And I am just one of the few well prepared...or at least I try to be.

scumhunter
9 March 2009, 19:46
Well done........

CAPT KIRK
10 March 2009, 10:39
Here's my snap shot. The shotgun stays at home tho because I have an issued short barreled one kept at work. The Noveske N4 LoPro is mine.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo355/DEPKIRK/PA090010-1.jpg

I dont carry a BUG. Just rely on my defensive tactics and martial arts background to keep my Glock 21 with me. Worst case scenario... I am a knife fighter and there is always and edged weapon on me.

Why do I have my front sight set back? I hope to one day get a Laser Max Uni-Max laser which will sit upside down on that space, giving me a laser point of aim/impact, which will roughly correlate with that of my iron sites.

zero7one
10 March 2009, 11:04
Seeing your safety selector lever makes me think of the movie "Blackhawk Down". "This is my safety" (Motioning with his trigger finger.) [:D]

Oh, and I too am comfortable with my DT skills, however I try to live by the saying; "Never bring a knife to a gunfight."

CAPT KIRK
10 March 2009, 15:29
Oh, and I too am comfortable with my DT skills, however I try to live by the saying; "Never bring a knife to a gunfight."

Yeah Ive heard that..... But in close quarters I'l take a knife any day. A good knife fighter can render the term "Golden Hour" irrelevant.

Honestly, I have just prioritized spending my money on my primarys more than on a BUG.

CAPT KIRK
10 March 2009, 15:33
Seeing your safety selector lever makes me think of the movie "Blackhawk Down". "This is my safety" (Motioning with his trigger finger.) [:D]"

In this picture you see it in the mode I keep it. Empty chamber with the hammer down.

I use the ambi safety in the following way,

Safety OFF with thumb on one side. Safety ON with trigger finger as I remove it from the trigger well on the other side.

Stickman
10 March 2009, 15:37
I think a lot of us keep our ARs "rack safe".

Jay5oh
20 March 2009, 15:16
Wonderful images! [:)]

scumhunter
21 March 2009, 07:17
Why do I have my front sight set back? I hope to one day get a Laser Max Uni-Max laser which will sit upside down on that space, giving me a laser point of aim/impact, which will roughly correlate with that of my iron sites.

Really like your rifle set up. A Uni-Max would sit on top like cherry on a Sunday. The two-tone furniture adds a little flair to a nice piece of equipment. Nice pic.

tac40
21 March 2009, 08:49
Nic pics I need and want a new camera now.:P