PDA

View Full Version : F'n stickman

n4p226r
11 April 2016, 12:47
I know you're in here. Let's just hope you are armed if you ever meet my wife. I'd imagine wives across the country are your biggest threat.

Last week this gets posted. https://instagram.com/p/BD_awCOh3zf/

Then this more recently
https://instagram.com/p/BECe42fh38c/

And now I'm looking at what it would cost for a 14.5" pinned to 16" .458 socom build with a cas-v keymod and something like a nightforce 1-4x.

What use do I have for the above gun? Absolutely none. But have me report back in a year or so and I'm sure there will be one sitting in my safe waiting for an optic I'll never really shoot

At least I won a spork in the last giveaway

Stickman
11 April 2016, 14:53
I do like the old school CASV's. Sorry to hurt your budget, I'll look out for your wife looking to kick my ass though.

UWone77
11 April 2016, 15:02
What use do I have for the above gun? Absolutely none. But have me report back in a year or so and I'm sure there will be one sitting in my safe waiting for an optic I'll never really shoot

Now this is hilarious... what do I have for it? Nothing... [:D]

n4p226r
11 April 2016, 16:41
Now this is hilarious... what do I have for it? Nothing... [:D]

I assume you have at least a couple of builds that fall into that category?

I wonder if these will work well with a 1-4 on a cad-v. http://www.bobroengineering.com/view/product/46/. I mean. It is a Gucci gun anyways. I'd be better off with an upgraded bushmaster

n4p226r
11 April 2016, 16:42
I do like the old school CASV's. Sorry to hurt your budget, I'll look out for your wife looking to kick my ass though.

Is there a big difference between the old ones and the new besides the keymod?

UWone77
11 April 2016, 18:26
I assume you have at least a couple of builds that fall into that category?

I wonder if these will work well with a 1-4 on a cad-v. http://www.bobroengineering.com/view/product/46/. I mean. It is a Gucci gun anyways. I'd be better off with an upgraded bushmaster

Usually if it's an AR, I keep a selection of receivers, LPK's, and barrels on hand. Don't get me wrong, I've seen plenty online before where I'm like damn, I need one of those, and end up spending a lot. That's why I found it funny, we've all been there!

KW900A
11 April 2016, 18:49
Don't get me wrong, I've seen plenty online before where I'm like damn, I need one of those, and end up spending a lot. That's why I found it funny, we've all been there!

Amen. And not just with guns and gun stuff.

Tyrannosaur
11 April 2016, 19:35
Ya I've been there... whooolllleeee lotta stuff I too blame Stickman for buying... because I couldn't possibly be held accountable for my own actions haha

n4p226r
12 April 2016, 06:13
Usually if it's an AR, I keep a selection of receivers, LPK's, and barrels on hand. Don't get me wrong, I've seen plenty online before where I'm like damn, I need one of those, and end up spending a lot. That's why I found it funny, we've all been there!

I tried keeping a selection of spare parts around. I built my first AR a little after sandy hook and realized it was lower parts kits that were some of the hardest things to find. The only place I could find any quality parts for my build was specialized armament so I bought all the individual parts I needed (pins and springs and mag release and bolt catch) a pair of geissele ssa triggers and some battle arms safety's. Now they have all turned into other rifles. For some reason I have a hard time keeping parts around. I just got a noveske gen 3 lower for $100 so that will finish off my lower parts kits but the upper will wait (unless a 13.5" NQR comes on the market).

alamo5000
12 April 2016, 08:23
Sorry to hurt your budget,

I shake my wallet in your general direction!!![BD]

n4p226r
12 April 2016, 11:05
I shake my wallet in your general direction!!![BD]

Or in my case "empty wallet"

UWone77
12 April 2016, 21:02
I tried keeping a selection of spare parts around. I built my first AR a little after sandy hook and realized it was lower parts kits that were some of the hardest things to find. The only place I could find any quality parts for my build was specialized armament so I bought all the individual parts I needed (pins and springs and mag release and bolt catch) a pair of geissele ssa triggers and some battle arms safety's. Now they have all turned into other rifles. For some reason I have a hard time keeping parts around. I just got a noveske gen 3 lower for $100 so that will finish off my lower parts kits but the upper will wait (unless a 13.5" NQR comes on the market).

What? Doesn't everyone have a 13.5" NQR laying around? [:D]

I feel your pain. Seems like for awhile, every extra grip, spring, detent, and handguard turned into another rifle. Some of my parts bin currently:

Other than a QuarterCircle 10 Colt 9mm lower I'm thinking of building up, I haven't really built anything in awhile. Kind of enjoying this AR break. I do hook up my buddies when they come over with their $550 PSA's with Crapco Stocks and Stark Grips. [BD]

n4p226r
13 April 2016, 00:11
What? Doesn't everyone have a 13.5" NQR laying around? [:D]

I feel your pain. Seems like for awhile, every extra grip, spring, detent, and handguard turned into another rifle. Some of my parts bin currently:

[BD]

Just think of how much less cluttered that would be if you sold that NQR

n4p226r
13 April 2016, 00:18
Other than a QuarterCircle 10 Colt 9mm lower I'm thinking of building up, I haven't really built anything in awhile. Kind of enjoying this AR break. I do hook up my buddies when they come over with their $550 PSA's with Crapco Stocks and Stark Grips. [BD]

I have a weird issue with 9mm lowers for some reason. It seems the market/industry is making lowers that are caliber specific. The ejectors are all in the lowers and the magwells are all designed around existing 9mm mags. For me, and I know it will never happen, I want the cmmg 22lr style 9mm AR. I want all the proprietary parts to be contained in the upper, I don't even care if the upper isn't backwards compatible with a 5.56 barrel and bolt carrier as long as exterior fits the milspec critical dimensions. Then I want reliable 9mm mags that fit in 30rd AR form factor. I struggle to see why not to get a sig mpx if I'm going to sway to a dedicated 9mm lower.

Josh S.
13 April 2016, 10:13
I do hook up my buddies when they come over with their $550 PSA's with Crapco Stocks and Stark Grips. [BD]

Don't let Pyzik catch you talking crap about those Stark grips now. Between you and me, I think he was disappointed to learn his GFY lower has an integrated trigger guard. ;)

cjd3
13 April 2016, 16:54
Don't let Pyzik catch you talking crap about those Stark grips now. Between you and me, I think he was disappointed to learn his GFY lower has an integrated trigger guard. ;)
Nothing a Dremel tool and a drill can't remedy.

BoilerUp
13 April 2016, 18:44
I have a weird issue with 9mm lowers for some reason. It seems the market/industry is making lowers that are caliber specific. The ejectors are all in the lowers and the magwells are all designed around existing 9mm mags. For me, and I know it will never happen, I want the cmmg 22lr style 9mm AR. I want all the proprietary parts to be contained in the upper, I don't even care if the upper isn't backwards compatible with a 5.56 barrel and bolt carrier as long as exterior fits the milspec critical dimensions. Then I want reliable 9mm mags that fit in 30rd AR form factor. I struggle to see why not to get a sig mpx if I'm going to sway to a dedicated 9mm lower.

On the other hand, would you run 5.56 through an AR-10 receiver set? Why carry the extra weight and size if it isn't needed or useful? That said, I like the idea of the MPX more than the custom lowers that are available, especially because I suspect the new MPX/Lancer mags will eventually set the standard for 9mm PCC mags. Pistol mags have design restrictions that don't exist in the carbine.

n4p226r
13 April 2016, 20:52
I wouldn't want the extra weight of a ar10 but that wouldn't buy me anything. If I thought a pistol caliber carbine was a better Defensive choice that would be a different story. I look at a 9mm AR as a training tool. It would allow me to shoot cheaper ammo through an AR. It would allow me to shoot my AR at local ranges that allow only pistol caliber carbine indoors. Or some that only allow pistol caliber carbines at the steel ranges. In those scenarios having a magazine that closely resembles my AR mags helps more than if I were now reaching for a 33rd glock mag or a colt stick mag. Plus I'd need additional configurations of belts or chest rigs.

The only advantage I can see with the glock mag lowers is if you primarily carried a glock and leave one of these in the truck then you have one set of mags and ammo on you.

But I can't carry so that kinda makes that a non issue for me.

BoilerUp
13 April 2016, 21:34
I wouldn't want the extra weight of a ar10 but that wouldn't buy me anything. If I thought a pistol caliber carbine was a better Defensive choice that would be a different story. I look at a 9mm AR as a training tool. It would allow me to shoot cheaper ammo through an AR. It would allow me to shoot my AR at local ranges that allow only pistol caliber carbine indoors. Or some that only allow pistol caliber carbines at the steel ranges. In those scenarios having a magazine that closely resembles my AR mags helps more than if I were now reaching for a 33rd glock mag or a colt stick mag. Plus I'd need additional configurations of belts or chest rigs.

The only advantage I can see with the glock mag lowers is if you primarily carried a glock and leave one of these in the truck then you have one set of mags and ammo on you.

But I can't carry so that kinda makes that a non issue for me.

I get the indoor range / training restrictions, but why not just go w/ 22LR? I guess 9mm helps with training on recoil management better.

I actually think a 9mm SBR is a great HD choice. If my wife ever had to confront an intruder inside our house I'd rather she have an MPX (or MP5) SBR, preferably suppressed, over and AR, shotgun, or handgun.

n4p226r
13 April 2016, 22:05
I get the indoor range / training restrictions, but why not just go w/ 22LR? I guess 9mm helps with training on recoil management better.

I actually think a 9mm SBR is a great HD choice. If my wife ever had to confront an intruder inside our house I'd rather she have an MPX (or MP5) SBR, preferably suppressed, over and AR, shotgun, or handgun.

Why? It's not like they are any easier to shoot. The right 5.56 round should have less of an over penetration issue and should have better lethality. I haven't done any testing myself obviously so I could be totally clueless but I see a trend of 5.56 SBRs continually replacing pistol caliber carbines in police cruisers and swat teams all over.

I did just build a 22 AR. But we also have to realize that 9mm is probably easier to find than quality 22

fledge
13 April 2016, 22:11
You know you've seen too many Stickman pics when you pass the restroom in the San Francisco airport and the thought crosses your mind, "Is this the way to a photo gallery?"

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b556/fledge2000/humor/9B891E31-B4E6-442A-A414-9CF7272229D7_zpst6y6jual.jpg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/fledge2000/media/humor/9B891E31-B4E6-442A-A414-9CF7272229D7_zpst6y6jual.jpg.html)

n4p226r
13 April 2016, 22:29
Nice

voodoo_man
14 April 2016, 04:18
jelly

BoilerUp
14 April 2016, 18:08
Why? It's not like they are any easier to shoot. The right 5.56 round should have less of an over penetration issue and should have better lethality. I haven't done any testing myself obviously so I could be totally clueless but I see a trend of 5.56 SBRs continually replacing pistol caliber carbines in police cruisers and swat teams all over.

I did just build a 22 AR. But we also have to realize that 9mm is probably easier to find than quality 22

I agree that I'd probably not want a 9mm carbine/SBR as my primary weapon if I was LEO/SWAT. But for inside my own house I'm very comfortable with the ida. 9mm does just fine with a 6.5" barrel and recoil is silly tame in a 9mm.

Don't push back on my logic too hard, I'm just building up justification to buy an MPX. :)