PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any rare or unusual parts to share?

n4p226r
14 April 2016, 18:38
I have a stock that is not really rare or unusual but somewhat hard to find. A colt CS stock. Essentially an a1 stock made out of a2 materials with a raised CS on one side. I had always planned on building a rifle with this stock but for some reason I put the magpul rifle stock on it. I'll be dumping the magpul rifle stock soon and this will go on it once I figure out the best sling solution

Found it on eBay about 20 mins from where I work. Paid $100 about 4 years ago

Thompson
14 April 2016, 21:29
Well, I guess on that note - I did just pick up some parts to eventually build an A1.

I have the triangular hand guards, pistol grip, FSB, and buttstock ... boy are those parts getting harder and more expensive to find.

... Also, are we limiting this to just AR stuff?

UWone77
14 April 2016, 21:31
Well, I guess on that note - I did just pick up some parts to eventually build an A1.

I have the triangular hand guards, pistol grip, FSB, and buttstock ... boy are those parts getting harder and more expensive to find.

Go figure... non Gucci parts are expensive. [BD]

Thompson
14 April 2016, 21:36
Go figure... non Gucci parts are expensive. [BD]
Seriously though. Wish they weren't

... might as well just buy an SP1 [BD]

n4p226r
15 April 2016, 03:15

... Also, are we limiting this to just AR stuff?
No limits. Anything you want to share. I don't own the forum or the direction a thread goes. :)

I continually kick myself when I didn't pick up the a1 kits when they were around $500

UWone77
15 April 2016, 22:10
No limits. Anything you want to share. I don't own the forum or the direction a thread goes. :)

I continually kick myself when I didn't pick up the a1 kits when they were around $500

I never knew they were $500 at one time.

I wish I had something interesting... but all my stuff is run of the mill, plane Jane.

SwissyJim
15 April 2016, 22:29
I never knew they were $500 at one time.

I wish I had something interesting... but all my stuff is run of the mill, plane Jane.

Wha? I'm calling bull$hit! NOTHING of yours is run of the mill plain Jane stuff!! [BD] Me? EVERYTHING is boring and plain. You? Pshhh! I don't believe it for a second...

UWone77
15 April 2016, 23:05
Wha? I'm calling bull$hit! NOTHING of yours is run of the mill plain Jane stuff!! [BD] Me? EVERYTHING is boring and plain. You? Pshhh! I don't believe it for a second...

LOL... I guess what I mean is... it's all readily available to anyone... rare? collectible? interesting? Yeah I don't have any of those.

Sak007
15 April 2016, 23:53
I have a snub nose revolver that only accepts backwards clippazines .

Jerry R
16 April 2016, 07:19
Well, don't know how rare ... but I still have one of the SGW "AR in a Bag" carbines I built in the mid 1970's when I had an FFL. You could buy a complete rifle or carbine for around $450 but nothing was "assembled" except the A2 front sight was pinned. SGW (Scheutzen Gun Works) eventually became Olympic Arms. I probably bought, built, and sold a couple dozen. I marked them up $100 for the assembly and actually made some money on them. I kept this one, just for semi-mental reasons. I will share the story and pics, but not the gun. The old girl has been upgraded quite a bit since then, and no current pix. The EoTech has been replaced by an Aimpoint PRO. The rest is as shown. The light is actually on an offset mount at about 2 O'clock. The rail is a Midwest Industries FF that extends past the front sight post.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/pdogkilr/Firearms/AR-15/IMG_1196300DPICarbineRightSideBlack.jpg~original

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/pdogkilr/Firearms/AR-15/IMG_1199300DPICarbineLight.jpg~original

Aragorn
16 April 2016, 12:19
I wondered if that grip would make an appearance Jerry lol. Mine is still floating around somewhere.

Jerry R
16 April 2016, 12:39
Yeah, I actually like it a lot. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and I guess it's kinda rare. [:D]

Aragorn
16 April 2016, 12:58
Maybe I'll try and dig mine up just to remind myself why it's so weird. :P

n4p226r
16 April 2016, 15:15
What is it? Looks like a grip off of a revolver

Aragorn
16 April 2016, 15:29
It's an old style pachmyr, been out of production for awhile. And yeah, feels like a revo grip too. Good for giving your rifle an identity crisis.

Thompson
17 April 2016, 08:35
I guess you can call this "rare." Below are some of my fluted dummy rounds (30 06). However, I'm not 100% positive whether they are the M1906 or M40 dummy rounds due to some conflicting information.

Particularly interesting to note is the brass cased dummy round. The majority of the ones I've seen are steel cased.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160417/61e4fbd6791c43d6a3b12fed012d3cc2.jpg

Another neat fact about WW2 dummy rounds, and to an extent, some live ammo, was headstamp notation. My understanding, for all dummy rounds, is that they are marked by the manufacturer and the last digit of the year. For example, dummy rounds made by Frankford Arsenal in 1944 would be "FA 4." My guess was this was to save on production time and thus cost.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160417/6706908958b3df5222c6e1cc725f28ee.jpg

... also somewhere in my inventory are some M199 dummy rounds, still in the box.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk