PDA

View Full Version : My Suppressor...

alamo5000
17 April 2016, 11:35
I have a Griffin Armament Revolution 9 that should be getting out of jail pretty soon. I have noticed that the guys at GA have released new end caps for them.

http://www.griffinarmament.com/product-p/gambc.htm

You can see the link...

My question here is to solicit comments on the .22 end cap... When I get home (eventually) and buy a .22 rifle or pistol (or both) what kind of difference do you think that end cap will make?

I am talking specifically about shooting a 9mm can on something .22 LR....

I wonder if it would reduce the DB level at all?

What do you think?

schambers
17 April 2016, 15:35
The .22 endcap will reduce the dB slightly compared to the 9mm end cap. I don't know if the difference will be significant. If I had to guess, I would say maybe a reduction in -3 or -4 dB but again, that's just a guess. The GA guys on the forum may be able to provide you with a definite number.

The problem that you will run into when running .22 on a rifle or pistol suppressor is cleaning. .22 suppressors get super dirty very quickly, that's why almost all dedicated .22 suppressors can be completely torn down. I would personally not run .22 through a pistol or rifle can unless I could tear the can down completely.

If the Revolution 9 can be completely disassembled, then disregard the cleaning comment above.

cjd3
17 April 2016, 16:40
If you can get over 3dB, it may be worth it. However, I'd hate to be the one to forget to swap endcaps when going up in caliber. I can get a 5.56 end cap for my Omega, however, I am going to keep the 7.62 on it just because I'd hate to have an off day, swap hosts, and blow the end off.

alamo5000
18 April 2016, 00:44
The .22 endcap will reduce the dB slightly compared to the 9mm end cap. I don't know if the difference will be significant. If I had to guess, I would say maybe a reduction in -3 or -4 dB but again, that's just a guess. The GA guys on the forum may be able to provide you with a definite number.

The problem that you will run into when running .22 on a rifle or pistol suppressor is cleaning. .22 suppressors get super dirty very quickly, that's why almost all dedicated .22 suppressors can be completely torn down. I would personally not run .22 through a pistol or rifle can unless I could tear the can down completely.

If the Revolution 9 can be completely disassembled, then disregard the cleaning comment above.

They can be taken completely apart. Running .22 should be no problem.

If it provides some DB reduction then I might get one of those caps to try it out later on once I get home.

Maybe Silencer Shop has some tests on this kind of thing that I don't know about.