PDA

View Full Version : Rainier Arms Apex

rxer311
28 April 2016, 16:16
Anybody here a member of the Rainier Arms Apex club? How much could I expect to save on average. Say if I was to purchase a Noveske NSR and Noveske stripped upper? I just want to see if it is something that will save me a significant amount of money.

Thanks!

Joelski
28 April 2016, 16:49
ROFL!!!

This is a Rainier fanboy site. If somebody's not an Apex member, they'd never tell! :D

Seriously, if you're buying that kind of stuff with any frequency at all, you'll get your investment back quickly. Their stated goal is to be comparable to "Prime" for gun enthusiasts. Enjoy and welcome!

DeviantLogic
28 April 2016, 17:01
Savings really depends on the item(s) being purchased. There's not a set percentage discount or anything. It all adds up over time, and I'd definitely recommend it if you plan on building a couple rifles over the course of a year. You also have to factor in free shipping, where most other places will charge a minimum $5-10 per order.

Jerry R
28 April 2016, 17:08
if it is something that will save me a significant amount of money.

"Significant" is a very subjective term. If you mean "lots" --- nope. But, having said that, I have already recouped the membership fee and its' not even May yet. The rest of the year, money in my pocket for more goodies.

Sak007
28 April 2016, 22:16
It doesn't save me anything since I now order without Impunity , I'm jealous of people outside Wa that don't get hit with our stupid sales tax .

SINNER
29 April 2016, 05:22
I would guess I've saved $300-400 maybe more since I've been a member. For example on a Mega Maten receiver set it was close to $90 off. The free shipping alone has probably saved me over $100. I did get lucky and join when the intro pricing was dirt cheap but I will renew at full cost without hesitation.

rxer311
29 April 2016, 08:58
Can anybody who is a member tell me the member cost of a noveske 16" barrel and noveske stripped upper?

titanse05
29 April 2016, 10:06
Can anybody who is a member tell me the member cost of a noveske 16" barrel and noveske stripped upper?

noveske-upper-receiver-w-m4-feed-ramps (https://www.rainierarms.com/noveske-upper-receiver-w-m4-feed-ramps) This is $108 apex vs $114

noveske-recon-5-56mm-barrel-16-1 (https://www.rainierarms.com/noveske-recon-5-56mm-barrel-16-1) This is $425.96 apex vs $450.45

noveske-nsr-13-5 (https://www.rainierarms.com/noveske-nsr-13-5) This is $247.32 apex vs $256.45

rxer311
29 April 2016, 12:17
noveske-upper-receiver-w-m4-feed-ramps (https://www.rainierarms.com/noveske-upper-receiver-w-m4-feed-ramps) This is $108 apex vs $114

noveske-recon-5-56mm-barrel-16-1 (https://www.rainierarms.com/noveske-recon-5-56mm-barrel-16-1) This is $425.96 apex vs $450.45

noveske-nsr-13-5 (https://www.rainierarms.com/noveske-nsr-13-5) This is $247.32 apex vs $256.45

May be worth it for me. Those are some decent savings, though not huge. Saving on shipping is also a plus.

UWone77
29 April 2016, 12:39
I don't save money in a sense with discounts. I end up buying more and spending more. Discounts are a double edged sword [BD]

Thompson
29 April 2016, 12:58
This is a Rainier fanboy site. If somebody's not an Apex member, they'd never tell! :D
... I'm not an Apex member :P

As others have said, it's not necessarily like a "flat rate" savings.

Its like Prime, where the more frequently you buy the more you'll save in the long run.

Unless you're someone like UW or Dstrb who seem to have a bottomless wallet ...

UWone77
29 April 2016, 13:14
... I'm not an Apex member :P

As others have said, it's not necessarily like a "flat rate" savings.

Its like Prime, where the more frequently you buy the more you'll save in the long run.

Unless you're someone like UW or Dstrb who seem to have a bottomless wallet ...

Lol....lol...lol....lol!!! Oh James...

Joelski
29 April 2016, 13:55
I don't save money in a sense with discounts. I end up buying more and spending more. Discounts are a double edged sword [BD]

This. Definitely this. My wallet is continually shredded by that damn sword! [:D]

Pyzik
18 May 2016, 12:12
I've saved more than I've spent. Plus I'll usually ask a friend if they need anything while I'm placing an order and most of the time end up ordering something for them too.

Rainier sells parts friend's probably would have ordered somewhere else.

With APEX is pretty rare that I find what I'm looking for cheaper somewhere else. Pretty much the only reason I order elsewhere is if Rainier is out of stock or not listing what I want.

titanse05
18 May 2016, 12:48
I've saved more than I've spent. Plus I'll usually ask a friend if they need anything while I'm placing an order and most of the time end up ordering something for them too.

Rainier sells parts friend's probably would have ordered somewhere else.

With APEX is pretty rare that I find what I'm looking for cheaper somewhere else. Pretty much the only reason I order elsewhere is if Rainier is out of stock or not listing what I want.This is the case for me. I doubt I'll be renewing due to this.

RA can't get their black BUIS back in stock for 3+ months......makes me sad.

fledge
18 May 2016, 12:52
In another thread we were told Rainier is tweaking the design for the BUIS version 2. Takes time.

I'll likely renew. I find for most what I buy, the out of stock items are back within a couple of weeks.

Pyzik
18 May 2016, 12:59
I haven't decided if I will or not yet. I'm wanting to spend more money shooting and training this summer and less on parts.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

UWone77
18 May 2016, 14:21
This is the case for me. I doubt I'll be renewing due to this.

RA can't get their black BUIS back in stock for 3+ months......makes me sad.

Tweaks in the design take time.

They also come from Germany. It's not as easy as calling up the local shop and telling them to make more.

titanse05
18 May 2016, 17:50

They also come from Germany. It's not as easy as calling up the local shop and telling them to make more.I know I'm just impatient.

BoilerUp
18 May 2016, 18:38

They also come from Germany. It's not as easy as calling up the local shop and telling them to make more.

Too bad there isn't any machining, engineering or light manufacturing capability in the Puget Sound...

UWone77
18 May 2016, 19:44
Too bad there isn't any machining, engineering or light manufacturing capability in the Puget Sound...

If it were that easy... RA actually has their own machines in a shop, but getting sights right is a bit harder than popping out a bunch of extrusions or stripped uppers.