PDA

View Full Version : Lemi-Shine from Target; free sample

Former11B
2 May 2016, 21:11
http://samples.target.com/

Target currently has a free sample on their site for Lemi Shine detergent booster. Reloaders can use this when tumbling brass for extra shiny results. Enter your info and if you're like me, uncheck the "email me promos" boxes and a sample will be on its way

For the first question, you have to select household cleanliness as your top priority or it'll kick your sample attempt out.

mustangfreek
3 May 2016, 00:40
Stuff works well, I don't wet tumble yet, but give my brass a " pre wash" per say before I tumble, which is a squirt of dawn and a tad of lemi shine and hot water, thus and 20 minutes and a few stirs from a old paintbrush yields them damn shiny as is, can only imagine after wet tumbling ..

alamo5000
3 May 2016, 03:44
Target currently has a free sample on their site for Lemi Shine detergent booster. Reloaders can use this when tumbling brass for extra shiny results.

I learned something new today. Awesome! So do you just add it straight with no chaser to the medium (walnut or whatever) that you're using or what?

My main experience with a medium that is too wet is that it clogs up the primer pockets and causes a mess... but then again I am soliciting tips here on something I could probably do a lot better on.

Former11B
3 May 2016, 05:14
I learned something new today. Awesome! So do you just add it straight with no chaser to the medium (walnut or whatever) that you're using or what?

My main experience with a medium that is too wet is that it clogs up the primer pockets and causes a mess... but then again I am soliciting tips here on something I could probably do a lot better on.

Are you wet or dry tumbling?

alamo5000
3 May 2016, 05:26
Are you wet or dry tumbling?

All I have really ever done is use some of the Lyman's case cleaner and put just a little bit in the media... and in some cases I will put the activator... I put that in there and let it run for a while with no brass in there to let it spread out and get rid of the clumps or whatever.... then after that I just add the brass...

if the media is too wet it's always become a real big pain in the butt though. Clogs up the primer pockets.... fills up the brass (and it won't come out)....

Long story short I am very careful not to use too much...

Former11B
3 May 2016, 06:53
There is a difference in wet tumbling and dry tumbling; dry tumbling with additives in the media is still dry tumbling.

Wet tumbling is in something like a Thumbler:
http://www.brownells.com/reloading/case-cleaning/case-tumblers-accessories/thumler-s-tumbler-stainless-steel-tumbling-kit-prod42993.aspx

You use water/lemishine and/or detergent of choice and stainless steel pins to tumble.

Dry tumbling is done in a vibratory tumbler with corn or walnut media, etc. I use MustangFreek's method: A pre-wash, air dry, then tumble in corn media and it gets super shiny. This way works for me and I'm able to spend the $200+ elsewhere that a wet tumbler costs.

alamo5000
3 May 2016, 08:02
There is a difference in wet tumbling and dry tumbling; dry tumbling with additives in the media is still dry tumbling.

Wet tumbling is in something like a Thumbler:
http://www.brownells.com/reloading/case-cleaning/case-tumblers-accessories/thumler-s-tumbler-stainless-steel-tumbling-kit-prod42993.aspx

You use water/lemishine and/or detergent of choice and stainless steel pins to tumble.

Dry tumbling is done in a vibratory tumbler with corn or walnut media, etc. I use MustangFreek's method: A pre-wash, air dry, then tumble in corn media and it gets super shiny. This way works for me and I'm able to spend the $200+ elsewhere that a wet tumbler costs.

Yep.

That looks like something else I need to get :o

I have a bunch of things that I would really like to have...a nice progressive press that I can churn out more rounds in a shorter amount of time...

A nice case prepping station...

I really need to win the powerball... seriously....

DeviantLogic
3 May 2016, 12:17
Wet tumbling turns out some great looking brass. The one thing you have to watch out for is making sure the stainless media is completely removed/separated from the brass after tumbling. It has a tendency to get stuck in the primer pockets and sometimes the walls around the bottom of the case. Shooting that crap down a barrel can ruin your barrel.

SwissyJim
3 May 2016, 12:58
I find that I need just a TINY amount of Lemi-shine. I followed the directions on a few sites for using it and the all recommended about a 45ACP case full. I have whittled my needs down to far less - it may be dependent on the hardness/softness of your water. But I will agree that when using it (in the right amount!) the brass is extremely shiny and clean. When I used too much it had a more dull, dark brass color.

baboon
3 May 2016, 16:30
Screw Target & their PC bullshit!

tappedandtagged
3 May 2016, 17:52
Its Allegra today. No more lemi-shine.

cjd3
3 May 2016, 20:48
Its Allegra today. No more lemi-shine.
Is this some newfangled hippy remedy for allergic brass?

Sak007
4 May 2016, 00:47
Wet tumbling turns out some great looking brass. The one thing you have to watch out for is making sure the stainless media is completely removed/separated from the brass after tumbling. It has a tendency to get stuck in the primer pockets and sometimes the walls around the bottom of the case. Shooting that crap down a barrel can ruin your barrel.I use these pins and have had great luck with them and have never really had pins stick . http://www.bullseye-reloading.com/Pellet-Pins-Tumbling-Media.html#A

Former11B
4 May 2016, 05:01
Screw Target & their PC bullshit!

Yeah, let's keep this on the topic of reloading please. If you want to talk bathrooms and genitals, go to OT.