PDA

View Full Version : Should a noveske bolt carrier or bolt be marked in any special way?

n4p226r
20 May 2016, 12:03
I know my Colt carrier has the little C but do noveske carriers have any similar markings? I've read they do have a small N similar to the Colt C but I can't see it on mine.

Aberration79
20 May 2016, 12:16
The bolt that came with my barrel didn't have any special markings.

UWone77
20 May 2016, 12:55
I only have phosphate carriers from the John era. They were marked with a light N stamp as you posted. However, on some of them, the stamp is so light, you literally have to put it up to the light to see it. I don't know what they're doing now if anything to mark their carriers.

ROG
20 May 2016, 15:34
I know my Colt carrier has the little C but do noveske carriers have any similar markings? I've read they do have a small N similar to the Colt C but I can't see it on mine.

The phosphate carriers do not have any markings to identify them as Noveske's...at least the current carriers do not.

n4p226r
23 May 2016, 11:15
The phosphate carriers do not have any markings to identify them as Noveske's...at least the current carriers do not.

Good to hear. I only ask because both my noveske carriers are unmarked best I can tell. One came with a complete upper and the other was ordered from one of their distributors so I think I'm good. Can't hurt to check.

UWone77
24 May 2016, 07:50
I wish everyone would mark their bolts/carriers. Maybe not necessarily with gaudy laser logos ect, but I've seen enough people online selling questionable products. It would have been helpful to know there were markings to verify.

JGifford
24 May 2016, 21:58
I wish everyone would mark their bolts/carriers. Maybe not necessarily with gaudy laser logos ect, but I've seen enough people online selling questionable products. It would have been helpful to know there were markings to verify.

Agreed. Consider the source, basically, as frustrating as it can be sometimes to try to.

n4p226r
25 May 2016, 07:33

I wish they would all mark them on the opposite side of the port door. I don't want extra logos everywhere. Part of the reason I buy Colt carriers instead of BCM is so I don't have a big BCM logo staring at me. I wouldn't mind if I had a BCM rifle it as on but without it I feel like a nascar team

gatordev
25 May 2016, 15:26
I wish they would all mark them on the opposite side of the port door. I don't want extra logos everywhere. Part of the reason I buy Colt carriers instead of BCM is so I don't have a big BCM logo staring at me. I wouldn't mind if I had a BCM rifle it as on but without it I feel like a nascar team

I thought I was the only one.

Deadwing
30 May 2016, 02:49
None of my Noveske carriers are marked, even the Johnny era ones. Maybe i just haven't looked closely enough.

I find myself becoming increasingly annoyed by that. It would be one thing if they sent me the BCG for free or greatly discounted price, or if they were sponsoring me. But at full retail, why should i give them free advertising? Lately i've been taking some cold blue to the laser etched logos. It doesn't get rid of them completely, but they are greatly subdued. That said, i still buy BCM carriers, as i can't find Colt carriers for less. I'll use LMT carriers as well, since they're logo-free.

n4p226r
30 May 2016, 02:59
None of my Noveske carriers are marked, even the Johnny era ones. Maybe i just haven't looked closely enough.

I find myself becoming increasingly annoyed by that. It would be one thing if they sent me the BCG for free or greatly discounted price, or if they were sponsoring me. But at full retail, why should i give them free advertising? Lately i've been taking some cold blue to the laser etched logos. It doesn't get rid of them completely, but they are greatly subdued. That said, i still buy BCM carriers, as i can't find Colt carriers for less. I'll use LMT carriers as well, since they're logo-free.

There's a thread on another forum about a store selling 14.5" Colt barrels. The guy also sells stripped Colt carriers for like $70. I lived one up and finished it off with a firing pin, cam pin, and bolt from BCM. Seemed like a good way to go. I'd get more but after that came up there was some speculation that these were walking off a local military base. Sucks but I'll wait until that's resolved before ordering anything else.

Deadwing
8 June 2016, 17:39
Man, i'd stock up at $70/each.