PDA

View Full Version : VTAC Slling

Ryo
11 March 2009, 00:46
Okay.. I'm a single point sling type of guy.. but when I got a VTAC sling from Noveske, I decided to keep it on one of my rigs. Any case I tried it out and.. for the life of me I am not sure exactly that's the best lengths to adjust this sling. Feels a bit sloppy for me but then again, I'm not use to this type of system. I believe I'm using it right, but I'm trying to figure out if the uncomfortable feeling is from not being use to it or I'm using it wrong. Especially when I tighten the sling into a support shooting position. Just wondering if someone has pics of the proper lengths and proper usage so I can see if I'm doing it right.

Stickman
11 March 2009, 10:14
There is no "proper length", its more a matter of what you are doing with the sling, and your own personal preferences.

I use an adjustable 2 point for duty, and run it pretty loose. This makes it easy to transition between shoulders and throw it on while running down the street towards high risk calls. If I need it tighter, I pull the piece and tighten it down.

Other people prefer to have theirs tight, and loosen it if they want more room.

Paulo_Santos
11 March 2009, 12:05
YOu want to set it up so that you can tighten it down enough so you can use it as a shooting aid and still have enough slack that you can transition from strong to weak side. Pics will do no good because everyone is different. Did yours come with that strap at the end of the sling? That strap goes is what secures the tail so it doesn't flop around.

Ryo
11 March 2009, 12:53
Yes it did. I have it sliding along the strap. To get a tighter fit, I have to rip it off and let it hang.

Venom
11 March 2009, 13:04
I like mine a bit tighter from the start, as I can really cinch it down and "fix" it on my back if I have to climb or get into/outof stuff.

Paulo_Santos
11 March 2009, 15:55
Yes it did. I have it sliding along the strap. To get a tighter fit, I have to rip it off and let it hang.

Instead of pulling on the tab to pull it tight, just grab the sling strap so you don't have to pull it off. This way, you won't have the tail hanging down.
Also, the best way to attach the sling is the front all the way forward and rear all the way back on top. If you do a search on YouTube and you will see how they use it.