PDA

View Full Version : Nosler 200gr Partition subsonic

Uffdaphil
14 June 2016, 16:56
I see 200 blem partition bullets on sale at shooters pro. I know they are not going to expand like supers, but are they enough better for back-up suppressed SHTF defense to justify loading over the 190 cc's I already have? Or are they basically going to make the same wound channel?

SwissyJim
14 June 2016, 17:48
I see 200 blem partition bullets on sale at shooters pro. I know they are not going to expand like supers, but are they enough better for back-up suppressed SHTF defense to justify loading over the 190 cc's I already have? Or are they basically going to make the same wound channel?

Same channel... I gel tested everything from the Gemtech 184 to Sierra match 220 and they are looked and performed the same. The only standouts were the rounds designed to expand at sub speeds, like the Lehigh 194 and I think I had a 220gr from blackoutbullets.com. There are others now like Maker bullets and some others that claim sub expanding bullets.

But, for inexpensive mass produced (by you that is) sub ammo for the Zombie Apocalypse it would work... a head shot is a head shot! But in all honesty, I don't see the advantage of a 200 over the 190, if you already have them, as a sub bullet in 300BLK

Uffdaphil
14 June 2016, 18:17
Thanks SJ. I'll just keep stocking up on the 190 blems when I can. I think of 300BLK subs as pretty much quiet .45acp with longer range and more mag capacity. Not a bad formula for dealing with hordes of urban Visigoths.

cjd3
14 June 2016, 19:16
I got a bunch of the 190s for a 300BLK in progress. Those 200 partitions are mighty expensive in comparison to the 190s I got late last year, especially for 300BLK. As for expansion, they are designed for optimal expansion down to 1800 fps. And as for big game (moose), I can attest to their performance. Below that threshold, I can only assume it will perform like a FMJ. I too will be sticking with the 190s, cheaper too.

SwissyJim
14 June 2016, 21:44
Agreed... my go to round for my 338WM is the 210gr Nosler Partition... works beautifully. But without the expansion... just another FMJ, as you say.