PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Ind Gen 3 Handguard Installation Video

Dave Timm
22 June 2016, 15:26
Hello Everyone,

We received some Gen 3 hand guards from the awesome folks at Midwest Industries for a review. Sneak peak, they are awesome. Before we publish our review we filmed and produced an instruction installation video. Installation is easy and this video is more aimed at an online course versus a quick down and dirty throw this together.

Hope this can be a reference for folks.
Thanks!
Dave

https://www.full30.com/video/1e250f45fac0766351564838a561c0ea

Jerry R
23 June 2016, 07:53
Dave, not sure if the problem is on my end or not, but the video ran 15 seconds and stopped at the screen shown in the link.

DeviantLogic
23 June 2016, 08:44
Dave, not sure if the problem is on my end or not, but the video ran 15 seconds and stopped at the screen shown in the link.

Firefox appears to be having a problem with playback of the embedded video source. Chrome, IE, Edge are working. Something full30 is going to need to look at. Sending a note to the guys over there to let them know of the problem.

Jerry R
23 June 2016, 09:01
I tried it on IE and the 15 second video is their ad. After the ad plays the video starts properly on IE.

Oh, and very nicely done Dave - Thanks !

Dave Timm
25 June 2016, 19:10
Thanks for letting them know. I know they upgraded their player recently not sure if that changed embedding code etc. in the future I'll be using YouTube more often.

UWone77
26 June 2016, 18:32
Nice video Dave. Is that green block for gas blocks only? I haven't seen it before. I only have the orange one from Brownells for FSB's. I'll have to go look.

Dave Timm
27 June 2016, 06:16
Nice video Dave. Is that green block for gas blocks only? I haven't seen it before. I only have the orange one from Brownells for FSB's. I'll have to go look.
It is the bench block from Brownells, not just for gas blocks. I use it quite often for various jobs and certainly isn't limited to gas blocks. It's a great tool to have around for pin work, as a brace, or just to hold round stuff. I've had it for years and it holds up great, I use the FSB block too and it makes that Jon so much easier.

Dave Timm
27 June 2016, 06:16
I tried it on IE and the 15 second video is their ad. After the ad plays the video starts properly on IE.

Oh, and very nicely done Dave - Thanks !
Thanks Jerry!