PDA

View Full Version : Radical Firearms RF 7.62

Silencer Shop
24 June 2016, 12:17
There are no proprietary muzzle devices, moving parts or frills on Radical Firearms RF 7.62 (http://ss1.us/a/rFCu9kuf). This is quite simply a silencer. Threaded in 5/8x24 to accommodate almost any .30 caliber barrel on the modern market.

Based in Stafford, Texas, these guys and gals build firearms and firearm components for everyday shooters. The model is simple: build a quality product for a reasonable price. Silencers built for customers that will do the job but wont cost you an arm and a leg. This particular silencer is rated up to 300 Win Mag.

Weighting in at 20.4 oz and 8" long, the RF 7.62 (http://ss1.us/a/rFCu9kuf) is a good silencer with a great price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGNKctXsOnA

UWone77
27 June 2016, 19:05
I was curious about the Radical Suppressors. Very good beginning price point.

Thanks for sharing, looks like slightly less suppression, but they're also not asking $800 for the can. Should get a lot of people into the suppressor game.

Stickman
27 June 2016, 20:18
I do like simple thread on cans.

alamo5000
27 June 2016, 21:20
On these direct thread on cans I am guessing they use a pretty robust blast baffle in there or you would at least think they would.

If I was in the market for a thread on can that would be the first question I asked. How that unimpeded blast erosion effects the can over the long term is something to ask about.

Former11B
10 July 2016, 16:03
On these direct thread on cans I am guessing they use a pretty robust blast baffle in there or you would at least think they would.

If I was in the market for a thread on can that would be the first question I asked. How that unimpeded blast erosion effects the can over the long term is something to ask about.

Depends on caliber, barrel length, and ammo.

I have a direct thread 5.56 i used on a 16"
And now an 18" with no damage whatsoever

This also may help answer your question:

The shape and material of the blast baffle have a lot to do with how the flame cutting and erosion affect it.

I'll try to get a picture of my Innovative Arms 7.62 QD can I've been shooting on a 16" .308.

alamo5000
12 July 2016, 19:06
Depends on caliber, barrel length, and ammo.

I have a direct thread 5.56 i used on a 16"
And now an 18" with no damage whatsoever

This also may help answer your question:

The shape and material of the blast baffle have a lot to do with how the flame cutting and erosion affect it.

I'll try to get a picture of my Innovative Arms 7.62 QD can I've been shooting on a 16" .308.

That's pretty interesting. From the looks of that you would need to shoot an absolutely crazy amount of rounds through a suppressor (under normal use) to wear one out. I can see how barrel length and powder choice would make a difference, but on that pic it says 16,000 rounds...on a 10.5! Dayum.

I don't know what the life of a can is but I figured it has a whole lot to do with how you treat it, the amount of heat, the rate of fire, firing schedule and a whole lot of other things. But just knowing that those blast baffles can stand up to that kind of wear is good information to know.

Former11B
12 July 2016, 20:06
Here's my 7.62 innovative arms can with ~2-3k 5.56 (10.5") and .308 (16"). Some erosion but not much....looks pretty similar to the one from the IA factory picture