PDA

View Full Version : FTF issue M&P CORE 9L with RMR

Txfilmmaker
30 June 2016, 14:20
My brother bought me a M&P CORE with RMR when they first came out. It worked great for a while. Now it has a consistent Failure to Feed issue. (FTF) I've tried different magazines and different ammo. It's lubed. It does have APEX Tactical M&P competition spring kit installed. (Apex Competition Sear Spring, Apex Competition Trigger Return Spring, Apex Competition Striker Spring.) Would that cause a problem. It did work for a few hundred rounds after installing the spring kit,before it started malfunctioning. Could it be the recoil spring? Could I be seating the recoil spring incorrectly?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160630/6bb24762d2debd0b6a953ff39f2cbac7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeviantLogic
30 June 2016, 15:13
How many rounds do you have through it? Kind of doubt you're seating the recoil spring/guide rod incorrectly. It only goes in one way and the rear end sits in a groove.

Apex kit shouldn't cause those problems...but if the problems started occurring after swapping parts, I'd probably switch back to stock, then add one component at a time after firing 100-200 rounds without malfunction. Process of elimination.

Are there any burrs on the feed ramp? It should be smooth.

Txfilmmaker
30 June 2016, 20:16
How many rounds do you have through it? Kind of doubt you're seating the recoil spring/guide rod incorrectly. It only goes in one way and the rear end sits in a groove.

Apex kit shouldn't cause those problems...but if the problems started occurring after swapping parts, I'd probably switch back to stock, then add one component at a time after firing 100-200 rounds without malfunction. Process of elimination.

Are there any burrs on the feed ramp? It should be smooth.

Thanks. I only have 300-400 rounds through it. I'm going to try what you suggested with switching back components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoxyDave
30 June 2016, 22:53
Use this procedure to check the recoil spring:
(make sure the trigger is depressed while doing this)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK-5Fw3yjcM

If that checks out, put the stock parts back in and see how it goes. Good luck.

DeviantLogic
1 July 2016, 07:12
At 300-400 rounds, the recoil spring should be fine. It's recommended to replace between 5,000-10,000 rounds...but I've got one with easily 15,000 that still functions perfectly.

I'm not 100% positive, but I think the Apex trigger spring kit was designed to work with their machined sears and striker blocks. Their sear and striker block alone cleans up the trigger immensely. Honestly I'd recommend going back to the stock configuration first, confirm the FTF problem has been fixed. Then put in the Apex sear and striker block...fire a few hundred rounds through it and then decide if you still want to swap trigger springs.

mustangfreek
2 July 2016, 02:12
Why the apex parts and not the bread and butter of their stuff..the trigger?

I loved my apex triggers in my old m&p's and found I like my own tweaked block/spring setup better then the dcaek kit..