PDA

View Full Version : RA not shipping??

Aragorn
30 June 2016, 18:52
So, does anyone have the inside scoop at what's going on at Rainier? Normally they ship pretty reliably within a day or so, or at least a few during holiday and peak seasons, or used to, anymore it seems to take longer and longer to ship. I ordered a lower from them on the 16th that still hasn't shipped. I've called them 6 times now, only 2 of which they answered, and the best they could tell me is it would ship "soon". I'm somewhere between confused, concerned, and irate at this point.

So, it's been half a month now. My FFL sent them their info the day after I placed the order. I know because I called to confirm.

I like Rainier, they tend to have to most and coolest stuff, but with the new trend it's starting to seem more appealing to just order from other trusted vendors instead. Like AIM, or Bravo, or, ROG, or even JoeBobOutfitters. All of which have crazy fast shipping.

I mean, I know Rainier had the expo a couple weeks ago, but that was a couple weeks ago. So.... insight? Insider information? I mean, my karma should be MOSTLY good.

UWone77
30 June 2016, 18:59
All I can really say is, they've been slammed.

I've gone there twice in the last two weeks. Haven't been able to get what I want done, and it's not like I hang out in the lobby waiting for my turn. The amount of people in there is ridiculous, sometimes standing room only.

I know it's not a great excuse, but at this point that's all I can tell you, my observations.

Aragorn
30 June 2016, 19:10
Sounds like the panic has started...

Yay -.-

UWone77
30 June 2016, 19:17
I don't think it's full on panic, but people are concerned and are buying lowers and rifles mainly.

But... when they're busy, I scratch my head when people come in just to bullshit.

SINNER
30 June 2016, 19:32
All the in state shops here are slammed right now. Lowers, any type of modern rifles, and cans are non existent. A small shop I know the owner at sold 60 lowers last Saturday.

alamo5000
30 June 2016, 19:36
All the in state shops here are slammed right now. Lowers, any type of modern rifles, and cans are non existent. A small shop I know the owner at sold 60 lowers last Saturday.

What the hell is going on up there? Are people panic buying already?

SINNER
30 June 2016, 19:43
What the hell is going on up there? Are people panic buying already?

The trust changes have kept the suppressors flying off the shelves for months now. And yes the week after the Orlando shooting I hit 4 local shops and all said it had been off the hook.

alamo5000
30 June 2016, 19:55
The trust changes have kept the suppressors flying off the shelves for months now. And yes the week after the Orlando shooting I hit 4 local shops and all said it had been off the hook.

Is that something specific to Washington or are you talking 41F?

I haven't been to any gun shops or shows but it seems like online there is a lot of stuff in stock.

About the only thing I want to get is a couple of BCG's for now (spares). I am tapped out of cash though. I just spent a crap load on reloading supplies and still need to buy more stuff.

UWone77
30 June 2016, 19:59
Plenty of items are in stock. That's the difference this time around, at least so far. Better capacity to fulfill orders quickly. Running out of product for 6 months puts people out of business.

Suppressors, SBR's, like SINNER said is flying off the shelves because of 41F. It's only going to get worse as we're less than 2 weeks away. People coming into the store filling out Form 4's are really backing up the wait times and taking away from the online orders.

alamo5000
30 June 2016, 20:31
Plenty of items are in stock. That's the difference this time around, at least so far. Better capacity to fulfill orders quickly. Running out of product for 6 months puts people out of business.

Suppressors, SBR's, like SINNER said is flying off the shelves because of 41F. It's only going to get worse as we're less than 2 weeks away. People coming into the store filling out Form 4's are really backing up the wait times and taking away from the online orders.

I can see the 41F stuff going nuts. People are flying to beat Obama and that stupid 41F. I am thinking that a few months from now hopefully I have my finances back sorted out and by then a lot of the rush will be over. I don't know. Nobody knows though. But that said a .30 cal can is probably the only other thing on my NFA list for now, but I need to build me a bad ass AR-10 before I go there though.

Really though I need to buy stuff that I can afford to shoot.

But honestly who am I kidding. I already know I am going to keep on buying stuff as money permits. [BD]

I might figure out something that I can build that will let me shoot out to that mile gong... that would be pretty bad ass right there.

alamo5000
30 June 2016, 20:38
I would also want an 9mm SBR. That sounds good. [:D]

Stickman
30 June 2016, 21:14
You should send an email to John. john@rainierarms.com and provide him with feedback on how long it's taking.

Aragorn
30 June 2016, 21:21
You should send an email to John. john@rainierarms.com and provide him with feedback on how long it's taking.

Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

Aragorn
1 July 2016, 11:55
So this is weird. Apparently my lower was delivered on my FFL on the 28th. I was never sent tracking, and on Rainiers site it still shows my order as processing.

John and Sony at RA sent me a FedEx tracking label to confirm this just a bit ago.

Weird.

Former11B
1 July 2016, 19:00
Need to thump your FFL for not calling you

Aragorn
1 July 2016, 19:13
Need to thump your FFL for not calling you

Seems like issues all around. The FFL I'm using this time around is actually in the business of laser engraving, not firearm retail, so they're most used to people sending in things like lowers for work and not so much acting to facilitate transfers. However, I'm local so they're hooking me up.

They had actually asked me to watch the tracking and give them a call the day after it arrived, basically for final coordination and to ensure the correct work was paired with the correct lower.

And the transfer part is even free. [:D]

mustangfreek
2 July 2016, 01:50

Same here, for the lack of shops in the north end they have been empty, cabelas and there overpriced AR's , ammo, powder shelves have been empty and very bare, watching many newcomers buy up whatever AR's on the shelves, 9.99 plus tax boxes of 555/223 ammo..crazy..panic is here maybe not full tilt but definitely going on

SINNER
3 July 2016, 11:54
Not seeing a ton of newbies either. It's the guys that have been in the game awhile buying items up. I guess with the election coming up, then the Orlando shooting people figured it may be now or much much later. I'll admit I took 10 lowers off his hands just to shelve for now.