PDA

View Full Version : Gemtech Mist Video

Silencer Shop
12 July 2016, 15:29
The Gemtech MIST 22 (http://ss1.us/a/WlGMEKCX) is an integrated suppressor/barrel for use with 10/22 type receivers. This specific model will fit any standard 10/22 receiver (not Takedown) and is compatible with virtually any stock that accommodates a bull barrel. The barrel shroud is easily removed for access to the monolithic baffle core for cleaning and general maintenance.
Length 16.1"
Diameter: .920
Twist: 1:16" RH
Weight: 1 lbs 5 oz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdwFi7RziJI

alamo5000
12 July 2016, 19:19
Damn that's nice!

I have been contemplating which .22 to get lately.... then you go off and post this! :)

Silencer Shop
13 July 2016, 12:32
Damn that's nice!

I have been contemplating which .22 to get lately.... then you go off and post this! :)

Mission success. You should build one. My friend did and now it is favorite gun. You can't beat the fun from a good 22.

UWone77
13 July 2016, 12:43
Damn that's nice!

A suppressed .22 is about as much fun as you can have at the range.

Silencershop now you have me thinking. I was thinking about building a 10/22 with V Seven Barrel, Magpul Stock, ect, but now I'm shifting...

tb417
13 July 2016, 12:59
Do they still make the lever action 10/22? Would that make it even more quiet, or not enough to matter?

cjd3
13 July 2016, 14:02
When I got my Sparrow SS, I had my Savage Bolt action threaded, and then bought a 10/22 with a factory threaded barrel. They a load of fun to shoot. That Mist 22 is a pretty short barrel, with a huge mono core. I'd guess that the barrel is short enough that high velocity ammo won't get supersonic. On a side note, I got some CCI Quite 22 that shoot at 790 FPS. They seem hearing safe unsuppressed, and are air rifle quite with the suppressor, and so slow, you can see them being lobbed down range.

Dstrbdmedic167
13 July 2016, 15:01
Got a buddy that just got his Gemtech Mist back last week. Looking forward to messing around with it.

alamo5000
13 July 2016, 16:04
Mission success. You should build one. My friend did and now it is favorite gun. You can't beat the fun from a good 22.

A suppressed .22 is about as much fun as you can have at the range.

Silencershop now you have me thinking. I was thinking about building a 10/22 with V Seven Barrel, Magpul Stock, ect, but now I'm shifting...

I have so many things that I want... I guess I have to prioritize. Honestly a good 10/22 would be a good option. I am just now getting my head around all the stuff for an AR... so a 10/22 I might need to get some input and help on. I don't like to scrimp so if I am going to build I want to build a good one.

I like this one myself:

10/22 tactical with a bull barrel and a hogue rubberized stock. I could buy one off the shelf and just replace the barrel (or get the the one threaded) and just run it with my 9mm can. That would be a reasonable option.

I've also thought about getting a bolt action so I have't quite made up my mind yet. But if you know of anyone who is fluent in 10/22 brands and parts I would love to talk to them.

alamo5000
13 July 2016, 16:08
On that one I have pictured above I have always wondered if you can put a 1" piece of pic rail in the front over the harris bipod stud. Ideally I could use my existing bipod if I could do that.

DeviantLogic
13 July 2016, 18:45
I love my 10/22...was my first gun, given to me on my 10th birthday. Think I might just have to get another one to pimp out with an integral suppressor.

On a side note, I got some CCI Quite 22 that shoot at 790 FPS. They seem hearing safe unsuppressed, and are air rifle quite with the suppressor, and so slow, you can see them being lobbed down range.

CCI standard velocity is still subsonic. I know it's recommended by several suppressor manufacturers.

alamo5000
13 July 2016, 18:48
I love my 10/22...was my first gun, given to me on my 10th birthday. Think I might just have to get another one to pimp out with an integral suppressor.

CCI standard velocity is still subsonic. I know it's recommended by several suppressor manufacturers.

They have some subsonic .22 LR by the case on sale. 5000 rounds of the stuff. Seems like that is still pretty high though. I haven't shopped for .22 LR for years.

http://ammo2u.com/rimfire-2/22lr-cases/cci-960-22lr-40gr-quiet-22-5000-851.html

cjd3
13 July 2016, 22:07

That's what I'm looking for now. May sell the quite 22 during the next shortage. All my high velocity I'm using in my 22 pistols.

UWone77
13 July 2016, 22:43
I need to talk to the GemTech guys at the NW Shooting Expo. Hopefully they'll have one of these on display to check out. I really like this the more I look into it.