PDA

View Full Version : Surefire HL1-A-TN Helmet Light $50

Former11B
19 July 2016, 13:18
I have a Surefire HL1-A-TN which I no need for. I just replaced the mount for it, also, so it is brand spanking new. I know it will fit on: ACHs (Army Combat Helmet), FAST, and MICH helmets, and probably others. I have seen them mounted on picatinny rails and MOLLE loops, so there are other adapters and placement options out there. The light slides into a semi-circular type slot on the mount and this prevents most wobble/movement. The press of a small button releases the light and allows it to be pulled forward out of the mount.

Details:

A very heavy 4 ounces.....sure to work our your neck muscles, girly man.

5 LED's; 3 white and 2 blue. The round rubber button on the outside controls the varying intensities of the LEDs, and immediately along side the intensity switch is the IR beacon. The run times provided by a single CR123 battery are:

White High: 19.2 lumens/6 hrs
Blue High: 2.5 lumens/20 hrs
White Med: 5.0 lumens/28 hrs
Blue Med: 0.8 lumens/48 hrs
White Low: 1.4 lumens/48hrs
Blue Low: 0.3 lumens/96 hrs
IFF (Identification; Friend or Foe) beacon: 1.72 mW/120 hrs

Here is is on my helmet (lousy photo). I have the upgraded mount which I will post below.

Upgraded/new style mount.

I "borrowed" this photo from some Asian airsoft site, but this is what it looks like.

There are two different selector switches on the back: the first selects the color (Top setting is white, with three arrows indicating the three LEDs. Center is off. Bottom setting is blue with two arrows...same reason). The 2nd selector is for visible light or beacon. On the battery compartment, there is a function of twisting the compartment to disable the battery switch during transit or whenever. Seen here in this "borrowed" photo:

https://www.slickguns.com/sites/default/files/81MgVzBwnXL._SL1500_.jpg

If anyone wants a photo from another angle or wants to see the lights on, I have no problem doing that. I don't have NVGs so you will need to trust that the IFF beacon works.

Asking $50 shipped, but this will not include the battery as the USPS is finicky about those being mailed. I know there are Youtube videos about properly installing the mount (there are some TINY set screws) that I suggest you consult, as this new mount did not come with any for some reason, or SF will probably mail them as well.

Former11B
21 July 2016, 11:53
Big price drop; I do not have a need for this light any longer.

Farva
23 July 2016, 06:35
Tempting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk