PDA

View Full Version : WTS Atlas bi-pod

Aragorn
24 July 2016, 18:01
Looking to sell my Atlas bi-pod, type BT10-LW17. This one has the QD Mount.

I got this in a trade from another forum member here some time ago, but I've used it exactly zero times. It is used but in very good condition. No box, but does have the information pamphlet.

Asking 220$ shipped, payment via discreet PayPal.

UWone77
24 July 2016, 18:07
There is way too much good shit for sale here lately!

mustangfreek
26 July 2016, 02:20
There is way too much good shit for sale here lately!

X2...,been hella busy and haven't been on much but I like all the goods being offered!!

Aragorn
26 July 2016, 17:07
Freaking... Armslist.

I went ahead and posted this up there as well. Since then I've been offered:

1) A compound bow
2) unsure, but was queried as whether or not I was a guitar player
3) 150 rounds of .223
4) an ATI stock, carbine length quad rail (with no other relevant info), and a 3-point sling of unmentioned manufacture
5) 175$
6) 200$

I couldn't help but actually lol at some of those. In fact all of them but #6
I told that guy I'd revisit that offer in a few days if it didn't move (as that's still lower than I'd prefer to go).

Tyrannosaur
27 July 2016, 05:30
I'll give you 20 rounds of .223 5 rounds of 9mm 16 rounds of an unknown caliber and a gumball!!!

Joelski
27 July 2016, 06:41
I have a Freddie the Fish singing bass I'll trade. Mint condition! Guaranteed to bring top dollar!

UWone77
27 July 2016, 17:52
Freaking... Armslist.

I went ahead and posted this up there as well. Since then I've been offered:

1) A compound bow
2) unsure, but was queried as whether or not I was a guitar player
3) 150 rounds of .223
4) an ATI stock, carbine length quad rail (with no other relevant info), and a 3-point sling of unmentioned manufacture
5) 175$
6) 200$

I couldn't help but actually lol at some of those. In fact all of them but #6
I told that guy I'd revisit that offer in a few days if it didn't move (as that's still lower than I'd prefer to go).

I like to avoid Armslist if possible. People offer all kinds of crazy crap on there. I do like how #3 offered you $50 worth of ammo for a 250+ bipod. That's a winner. I usually respond to the low ballers with, "let me know when you come up with the rest of the money"

I've had better luck on arfcom and m4c EE's with people in the ball park.

If I didn't have so many other outgoings right now, I'd be happy to low ball you myself. [BD][:D]

Aragorn
27 July 2016, 21:18
You all kill me lol.

Joelski
28 July 2016, 04:35
The Internet needs an app that dickpunches (low) ballers.

Aragorn
28 July 2016, 19:28
Maybe I need to make an account on M4C or Arfcom just for this... Didn't think 220$ was out of line.

Seriously though, if I have to take less than 220$ for it though, rather it be to a WEVO member.

alamo5000
28 July 2016, 19:37
With the lever they are running about $280 bucks new so I think it's not out of line at all. I just think it's not every day people are in the market for a bipod. And then when you think about the ones that want a GOOD bipod, that might be 10-15% of that...

I would just be patient.

Tyrannosaur
28 July 2016, 19:40
I am signing papers tomorrow for a new house tomorrow so I'm strapped for cash or else I would have bought it. I do have the entire Spin Doctor CD collection, a opened bag of candy necklaces (some nibbles), a shovel handle and 200 yen for trade though...

fledge
28 July 2016, 20:03
I'm in the market but I'm particular. I've never used a bipod but in my research I find that this one is better for bench than prone. I'd buy this if it didn't have QD and if legs were prone lengths legs.

I know this post didn't help you but I do think it's a niche item that requires patience for the right buyer. I think your price is right.

You have to be a sponsor on M4C or meet a required number of posts to sell there. That's pretty much the only place I sell these days.

alamo5000
28 July 2016, 20:12
I'm in the market but I'm particular. I've never used a bipod but in my research I find that this one is better for bench than prone. I'd buy this if it didn't have QD and if legs were prone lengths legs.

I know this post didn't help you but I do think it's a niche item that requires patience for the right buyer. I think your price is right.

You have to be a sponsor on M4C or meet a required number of posts to sell there. That's pretty much the only place I sell these days.

I don't know where you came up with the idea that it's better for bench than prone. (just saying). It's built to be a prone shooter's dream.

As for the QD I know before I wouldn't touch much of anything that was QD. Reason being everything I ever used that was QD wasn't very good and would wobble or whatever.

There isn't anyone here that doesn't think I am 'not particular' [:D] and believe me I was made a believer out of this one. I bought one and never looked back.

Aragorn
28 July 2016, 20:20
What's wrong with QD? I personally wouldn't buy ANY bi-pod without it. I've used a Harris on a Larue QD, 100% rock solid, and this is the same. Why would you want a bi-pod you couldn't easily remove on an AR? Having one there not easily removed makes a gun much more 1 dimensional.

And yeah, the Atlas is pretty much built for prone use, it's ability to pan and cant, plus the individually (and easily) adjustable legs, AND the ability to angle them make this bi-pod crazy versatile.

alamo5000
28 July 2016, 20:32
What's wrong with QD? I personally wouldn't buy ANY bi-pod without it. I've used a Harris on a Larue QD, 100% rock solid, and this is the same. Why would you want a bi-pod you couldn't easily remove on an AR? Having one there not easily removed makes a gun much more 1 dimensional.

And yeah, the Atlas is pretty much built for prone use, it's ability to pan and cant, plus the individually (and easily) adjustable legs, AND the ability to angle them make this bi-pod crazy versatile.

YEP!

I think the problem with a lot of QD stuff is that the low end stuff sucks. It will rattle and loosen and come off and just not hold. This however was my first experience with higher end QD and now my entire opinion of QD has changed.

Honestly I can't say enough good things about this bipod. The lockup on the QD is well beyond anything that I could dream up. And plus it does give the ability to pull the thing off quite easily.

I am still wondering how in the world (no offense intended) the idea got out there that this wasn't for prone use? You can cant one leg one way and one leg the other. Extend one out and keep the other short. There isn't anything you can't do with this bipod.

Shooting off the side of a sloped mountain? This one can do it. You can shoot off of uneven ground. Sloped ground. Whatever you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvzW6KJUGMQ

alamo5000
28 July 2016, 20:39
Go about 10 minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD6BPAeUg_M

Joelski
28 July 2016, 20:41
Its a great price. Hang out a while, it'll sell.

Agree this is one of the best bipods on the market. It works fine from the prone position and if you need more length than 9" fully extended, you can get add-on extensions. That, and the fact it has a plethora of footing options, I wouldn't doubt spiderman could fire from the prone off the side of a building.

QD is great and I understand its pretty common for bipods, but I chose the non-QD for my own reasons. Either is a fine unit and quite a step up from commonly available bipods.

fledge
28 July 2016, 20:53
In my research, these legs are considered generally too short for prone and better suited for bench. Maybe I'm reading the wrong stuff.

Oh I do want QD. But my rails are mlok. So this QD would be on an attached pic segment making it bulky. I'd rather use a QD pic segment for mlok semi-permanently attached to bipod.

The idea: https://www.rainierarms.com/kinetic-development-group-kinect-mlok-3-slot

alamo5000
28 July 2016, 21:04
In my research, these legs are considered generally too short for prone and better suited for bench. Maybe I'm reading the wrong stuff.

Oh I do want QD. But my rails are mlok. So this QD would be on an attached pic segment making it bulky. I'd rather use a QD pic segment for mlok semi-permanently attached to bipod.

The idea: https://www.rainierarms.com/kinetic-development-group-kinect-mlok-3-slot

Yes you are reading the wrong stuff. Someone is flat out full of shit.

My rail is also Mlok. It makes no difference in bulk.

UWone77
28 July 2016, 21:46
I want to pull the trigger on this, even though I don't need it.[BD]

alamo5000
28 July 2016, 21:49
I want to pull the trigger on this, even though I don't need it.[BD]

Go get em money bags! [:D]

UWone77
28 July 2016, 21:50
Go get em money bags! [:D]

I blew my load for awhile on NFA stuff before 41F. I have to live like the rest of society for a few months. [:D]

Aragorn
28 July 2016, 21:52
Sold!

"Dear Alamo,

Thank You Kindly.

~Aragorn"

UWone77
28 July 2016, 21:54
Sold!

"Dear Alamo,

Thank You Kindly.

~Aragorn"

I thank you second Alamo... although I wanted it, my wallet disagreed with me, and you saved me from sleeping on the sofa for a night.

Aragorn
28 July 2016, 21:58
I thank you second Alamo... although I wanted it, my wallet disagreed with me, and you saved me from sleeping on the sofa for a night.

I've read this about three times now trying to figure out if it's more sincerity, disappointment, or envy. Lol

UWone77
28 July 2016, 22:10
I've read this about three times now trying to figure out if it's more sincerity, disappointment, or envy. Lol

It's all 3 rolled into one. I'm still torn up about it.

alamo5000
28 July 2016, 22:22
I blew my load for awhile on NFA stuff before 41F. I have to live like the rest of society for a few months. [:D]

I have no load to blow but welcome to the realm of us mortals for a bit at least :) After my trip I am still getting my money back in order. Keep your fingers crossed that I can go full time pretty soon.

Sold!

"Dear Alamo,

Thank You Kindly.

~Aragorn"

Hey, I just talked about something I own :) I will let you know where to send my cut of the proceeds [BD] LOL!

The thing really is a superb piece of work. I was trying to be straight up about it. Honestly before I had a serious grudge against QD mounts because I only dealt with shitty QD mounts. But this... this thing is different.

You're welcome as well :) I don't have to run the risk of sleeping on the sofa but I spent over $2000 bucks on ammo (reloading supplies) alone in the past month so I am a broke SOB. Plus a nice Kidd 10/22 reciever... plus a few other things....

I seriously need to make some more stock market money....

fledge
28 July 2016, 22:33
If it's not agreeable to me, UW, I'll offer it up again as torment. :oP

Would this bipod be acceptable on an AR10 frame as well?

alamo5000
28 July 2016, 22:44

That bipod can be used on anything you can afford to shoot.

alamo5000
28 July 2016, 22:51

It will work just fine on a .50 BMG so I am assuming you are going with something slightly smaller than that.

I will say this though... shooting with an AR15... I have found that 20 round mags work better for bipod shooting for me. I like prone shooting and my style and all that if I extend the legs out too much it's not as comfortable for me. 30 round mags work fine but they can limit your fore and aft movements with the legs fully collapsed. With 20 round mags I have yet to have any kind of a problem at all.

fledge
28 July 2016, 23:24
Thanks for the reply and info.