PDA

View Full Version : Inline Fabrication Die Holders - Pegboard Hack

DeviantLogic
27 July 2016, 18:31
A while back I changed my dies over to use the Hornady Lock 'N Load quick change bushings. They make changing things out a snap, but one of the disadvantages is that the dies really don't fit in the plastic die holders anymore. A few weeks ago I saw the Inline Fabrication die holders (link (http://inlinefabrication.com/collections/hornady-lock-n-load-ap-ergo-roller-lever/products/4-die-rack-for-lnl-bushings-w-primer-tube-and-powder-insert-storage)) and thought I'd give them a try. I got 3 die holders and a shellholder.

The mounting holes are spaced 6" for the die holders and 4" for the shellholder. Pretty much any pegboard system uses 1" spacing on the holes...so I decided to rig something up to put these guys on my reloading bench pegboard instead of direct mounting to the wall.

Finished product...

First, I spent hours looking through home depot trying to find something that would allow me to mount these guys to the pegboard...but none of the solutions worked. What would have been nice was using drywall anchors + screws, but they wound up just spinning in my metal pegboard holes.

My solution was to use 1/8" steel rods and bend them at 90 degrees to fashion a hook of sorts. In order to get them to stay in place, I threaded the ends to 6-32 NC and attached nuts to them.

Once in this state, they would attach to the pegboard, but would leave a gap behind the die holder and the pegboard. The problem was with the nut on the back end of the die holder. I wound up putting them into a vise and used epoxy to attach the nut to the die holder, once attached the nut on the back end is no longer needed.

Problem solved. If you guys have other ideas of how to approach this I'd be interested in hearing [:)]

Sak007
28 July 2016, 00:13
Nice set up , all the Inline Fabrication stuff I own is rock solid .

Former11B
1 August 2016, 05:48
Nice bench. Lots of similarities between yours and mine....case prep station, chargemaster, etc.