PDA

View Full Version : New player in the 300 BLK game

Joelski
19 August 2016, 15:09
Drool:

https://www.knightarmco.com/portfolio/sr-30-m-lok/?cate_cm=commercial&term=sr-30&features=sr-30-m-lok

fledge
19 August 2016, 22:13
Sweet. Good to see that 300blk isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Is KAC sending these into combat?

Edit: answered my own question: SR-30 DSR

BoilerUp
20 August 2016, 09:28
Is KAC sending these into combat?

Edit: answered my own question: SR-30 DSR

What did you learn? Did the government purchase any? Do you know which agency or agencies?

fledge
20 August 2016, 11:21
What did you learn? Did the government purchase any? Do you know which agency or agencies?

Didn't learn that for KAC's offerings but know some militaries are using the caliber based on what I've read elsewhere.

As for KAC. I just saw they have them developed for their military division of sales. Must indicate traction of some kind.
If you have info, do share.

UWone77
20 August 2016, 12:07
Didn't learn that for KAC's offerings but know some militaries are using the caliber based on what I've read elsewhere.

As for KAC. I just saw they have them developed for their military division of sales. Must indicate traction of some kind.

I'd like to see KAC bring their PDW to the civilian market.

Joelski
20 August 2016, 12:08
I've read that's tested favorably among some SOF groups, presumably door kickers. I'm rooting for it to catch fire. I'd love to score my BLK in bulk!

SINNER
20 August 2016, 12:43
I'd like to see KAC bring their PDW to the civilian market.

Yeah, I'd love to get my hands on one of those 6x35's even if it had to be semi.

BoilerUp
20 August 2016, 22:50

As far as I know, the only "official" adoption of 300 BLK for any military use is a unit of the Dutch special forces, but I'm not sure that ever even went through. Rumor has it that there are various 300 BLK weapons in SOCOM inventory, but I've never seen anything reliable to indicate the caliber has ever actually been deployed.

Personally, I would have been much more excited if KAC brought a 6.8 SPC to the market as it's a much more viable alternative caliber for military applications.