PDA

View Full Version : Rainier Arms MARS Glock Magazine Release First Look

Dave Timm
25 August 2016, 09:44
Hi everyone,

I recently received a MARS from Rainier Arms to check out. The MARS, Magazine Advanced Release System, is an ambidextrous mag release for generation 1-3 small frame Glock pistols. It is a very well made piece that performs very well. In this video I go technical aspects of the item as well as installation. In a future video we will go over usage and some range drills to finish the review.

Thanks, Dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lf5WeTNc8s

Dstrbdmedic167
25 August 2016, 12:21
Awesome video as always!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Hwang
13 March 2017, 12:27
New video review by RECOIL web

http://videos.recoilweb.com/channel/mail-call?video=080kuj6fub6-rainier-arms-mars

FortTom
25 April 2017, 04:29
My Polymer 80 is off to Battle Cock for stippling, so that gave me a couple of days to think about ordering one of these.

The muscle memory, or training may take a while, before it becomes second nature to hit it. If you watch the RECOIL video, even the demonstrator missed it while trying to demonstrate it.

It appears that the MARS could hit your holster on the way out, especially if a person were under severe duress. Wouldn't be much fun to clear your holster and have your mag and ammo go flying off somewhere.

The price - $67 plus shipping.

Having smaller hands makes it a bitch for me to juggle a Glock to drop the mag is just as the guy in the video demonstrated.

At first, when I saw the MARS, I thought my dreams had come true, and the damn issue (for me) of having to "stretch" for the mag release had been eliminated, but I think this is something I'd better put on the back burner, until it gets some reviews based on extensive use of it, or numerous objective reviews.

FT[:D]

Joelski
25 April 2017, 04:40
The more I use other brands, the more convinced I become that the Block mag release is a poor design with a squad of poor solutions trailing behind it. It is miles from being free of forced grip change for mag swaps. It works decent because it's essentially all we've had. There are still millions to be made in this area of design, but H&K is so far ahead, it's not a fair comparison.