PDA

View Full Version : Take my quick survey on your edc carry gun

voodoo_man
29 August 2016, 16:43
Click here to take the survey (http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/08/mods-to-carry-gun-survey.html).

Trying to do some market research, will post results next week on my site (and/or in this thread).

For LEO's - NON-ISSUED gun, your EDC CCW.

alamo5000
29 August 2016, 17:04
Done!

Since I am not a LEO I opt for comfort. I carry a Sig 938. It's small, light, and a very nice pistol.

I shopped around and got one with night sites so that all worked out perfectly for my use.

voodoo_man
29 August 2016, 17:10
I intentionally left out the type of gun because that's a bigger can of worms than its worth.

For this I just wanted to know the mod's.

alamo5000
29 August 2016, 17:20
I intentionally left out the type of gun because that's a bigger can of worms than its worth.

For this I just wanted to know the mod's.

Yes sir!

If I was willing and realistically able to carry a larger firearm one mod that has come to the forefront for me personally is to run a light.

My thoughts on modifying a pistol are like everything else-- I tend to be more minimalist but some things depend on where and how and what purpose.

I would love to trick out a pistol but so far my wants list is frickin' long and I haven't quite grasped the benefits of some mods yet--either through lack of experience with said mods or just the realization of what kind of carry and in what environment I will actually use them.

alamo5000
29 August 2016, 17:23
Speaking of that I think it would make for a great article--- which mods are out there and how are they beneficial. Is stippling something to make your gun look cool or is there more to it? What about running alternative sites? Or lights? Or a whole lot of things.

I'm around guns all the time and hell, I don't even know what all kinds of mods for a pistol are even available.

DeviantLogic
29 August 2016, 21:26
Done. Not sure what you're collecting the data for, but lights and lasers could maybe be on the "mods" list. I really like having a light on an EDC or home defense gun. The illumination comes in handy for a lot of situations and the weight of the light tends to tame recoil a bit.

Uffdaphil
29 August 2016, 21:32
Survey is cut offat bottom on my iPad Pro. No submit button showing.

old11bravo
29 August 2016, 23:19
Done.

Joelski
30 August 2016, 00:31
Check.

voodoo_man
30 August 2016, 04:07
Survey monkey doesn't like Apple anything. Use chrome or Firefox.

Light laser is an attachment not a dedicated modification.

Former11B
30 August 2016, 05:03
Done

Uffdaphil
30 August 2016, 06:08
No go with Chrome either for me.

Joelski
30 August 2016, 11:21
Netscape navigator ftw

Thompson
30 August 2016, 12:12
No go with Chrome either for me.
Try Firefox. Worked for me.

Done. Curious to see the results. With that many options, I wonder if there will be a clear winner.

schambers
30 August 2016, 12:49
I've been carrying a USP compact with Trijicon HD sights and a competition DA/SA kit installed. Using a decocker only setup for the safety toggle. Works out well the. Trijicon sight pops and the competition trigger kit takes the trigger to about 9lbs DA and 4.5Lbs SA

Will start experimenting with carrying a Stryk B when they come out. Last I heard was November time frame.

Former11B
30 August 2016, 13:14
I just have a Hogue grip sleeve on my Glock 19. The OE trigger was really crisp so I didn't bother replacing it.

voodoo_man
6 September 2016, 13:37
results

http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/09/results-of-mods-to-carry-gun-survey.html

voodoo_man
6 September 2016, 15:27
If anyone took the poll before this post please take it again because I had some coding issues I had to sort out. Thanks!

alamo5000
6 September 2016, 15:58
Couple of thoughts...

First off the poll at the bottom isn't working for me. It lets me check the boxes but not submit.

As for mods on a pistol... I think there are so many quality manufacturers out there turning out products that already have many of the features people want. For example when I shop for a pistol I see if it fits me and my hand...then I feel the trigger... then I check the sites... if one of those three aren't already in line straight out of the box I tend to move along.

Rarely does it come to my mind to have significant modifications to a pistol that I will EDC. If I was building a race gun or something that's different because the very nature of it is different. Light weight slides, holographic or red dots, stipple grips or whatever then all are on the table...

But now, many manufacturers include the basics of what I like in the box already. Find a gun that fits and has a good trigger but no night sites? Odds are if you shop around you can get that exact same gun with night sites for a few extra bucks hence to me it's not considered 'after market'...

Basically put I think by and large the manufacturers are pretty responsive to customer wants for the most part.

Aragorn
6 September 2016, 16:59
I didn't take the poll since it didn't like apple, but since I know you're still soliciting opinions not STRICTLY by the poll, my EDC has a Trijicon RMR, suppressor sights (not night sight versions), and a Ghost Rocket connector (not sure if that counts as trigger...?)

As an aside, it WOULD be stippled if Battlecock had an FFL. As it sits though, no stippling or texture has been applied.

Hint hint BC. ;)

voodoo_man
7 September 2016, 06:01
New poll code added last night sothe new one works.

I intentionally didn't add an RMR because it's an option in and of itself. I'll do another poll in a month or so in reference to specific sighting systems.

As I stated in the post, it gives a good idea of what the general carrying public tends to do. You can contrast against your own.

voodoo_man
10 September 2016, 14:54
Bump, I posted another survey -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/09/please-participate-in-new-poll.html <- please take it!

Thompson
10 September 2016, 16:36
Bump, I posted another survey -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/09/please-participate-in-new-poll.html <- please take it!
LOL - Diehard 1. That was a good movie.

Aragorn
10 September 2016, 17:05

Done.

Army203
10 September 2016, 19:42
I am assuming Strong-side and behind the A-line also means IWB as well as OWB?

voodoo_man
11 September 2016, 06:05
I am assuming Strong-side and behind the A-line also means IWB as well as OWB?

All IWB unless stated otherwise

UWone77
11 September 2016, 21:04
LOL - Diehard 1. That was a good movie.

But which is the best version?

Thompson
12 September 2016, 22:16
A Good Day to Die Hard. Duuuuh. JK - that movie was shit.

IMO - the third movie was my favorite.

DeviantLogic
13 September 2016, 00:38

It's hard to beat the original.