PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Ammo prices to skyrocket?

rxer311
31 August 2016, 16:50
[bash] [crazy] [wow]

What do you think about this?

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/08/atf-reclassifies-wetted-nitrocellulose-as-explosive-materials-under-federal-laws/#axzz4Ikveu3Mq

UWone77
31 August 2016, 16:53
If it's true, they're going after the ammo like we always thought they would when they were unable to legislate firearms. *sigh*

fledge
31 August 2016, 17:03
Long thread on M4C about this. Curious thing is why has this been public for two months without fanfare?

rxer311
31 August 2016, 17:17
Long thread on M4C about this. Curious thing is why has this been public for two months without fanfare?

Interesting thought. I didn't think about that since the letter was sent out in June. Maybe the ammo manufacturers had "enough" ammo on hand for the short term and did not want to cause a panic prematurely and wipe out the entire supply. They may have been doing this waiting for it to be overturned. But now that it has been a few months and the supplies are now dwindling, they had to let the cat out of the bag.

This is just a theory...but plausible, I suppose.

alamo5000
31 August 2016, 17:25
A few thoughts...and questions.

1. Other than slightly more regulations on handling 'high explosives' how will this effect ammo production? (I am not that sure about where this stuff fits into production)

2. It seems to me like this is just an administrative political ploy to move around Congress. Just like 41F, it can be undone with the stroke of a pen.

UWone77
31 August 2016, 17:26
This has been all over the net for awhile, so far I've seen nothing change as far as ammo prices go. I'll do a wait and see on this one as I've got a ton of ammo stocked.

alamo5000
31 August 2016, 17:33
This has been all over the net for awhile, so far I've seen nothing change as far as ammo prices go. I'll do a wait and see on this one as I've got a ton of ammo stocked.

Also the ATF audits how many people? Isn't it something like 6% of all FFLs get inspected? I would think the rest of the 'areas' are similar in nature. And while the ATF could be a royal pain in the ass and cause major headaches they can't unilaterally write law. I don't know how much their opinions will be held up as 'law' in a court should it ever come to that?

rxer311
31 August 2016, 17:37
A few thoughts...and questions.

1. Other than slightly more regulations on handling 'high explosives' how will this effect ammo production? (I am not that sure about where this stuff fits into production)

2. It seems to me like this is just an administrative political ploy to move around Congress. Just like 41F, it can be undone with the stroke of a pen.

1. Ammo manufacturers will have to build special explosive bunkers to store raw materials. It also creates more paperwork that needs to be filed and completed. They have to pay somebody to do that paperwork and if something is file incorrectly, I am sure there are fines.

2. Possibly, but as we know, the longer it stays in place, the harder it will be to undo.

Stone
31 August 2016, 19:19
http://www.weapon-blog.com/2014/07/bill-to-dissolve-federal-atf-agency/

DeviantLogic
1 September 2016, 07:03
It sounds like the ATF shenanigans have been put on hold. https://www.atf.gov/file/109341/download

Joelski
1 September 2016, 13:11
1. Ammo manufacturers will have to build special explosive bunkers to store raw materials. It also creates more paperwork that needs to be filed and completed. They have to pay somebody to do that paperwork and if something is file incorrectly, I am sure there are fines.

2. Possibly, but as we know, the longer it stays in place, the harder it will be to undo.

1. I can't imagine a pro ammo manufacturer wouldn't already be required by numerous sections of revised, fire and building code (to start with), to already have mass incident containment hardware and SOG's already in-place based on the inventories they already have. Actually, I'm sure the ATF rides herd on that stuff as it is, plus accountability to the FBI and all the other ABC's that can justify a budget line to score more tax dollars.

2. Time won't have as much effect as being codified in the first place. Once a measure makes it into the code, it takes further legislation, assemblies, sub-committees and other such bureaucratic bullshit to get it changed or removed.

Stone
1 September 2016, 19:38
It sounds like the ATF shenanigans have been put on hold. https://www.atf.gov/file/109341/download

AMEN!

Joelski
3 November 2016, 13:37
Ordered a couple of heavy boxes of fun to celebrate the price hikes. Nothing says I love my 2A rights like 60 lbs of freedom!

God bless the true patriots of the United States of America! Those who resist the Globalist movement and will stand to defend our Constitution and its freedoms for ALL fellow CITIZENS, inclusive of family, friends and complete strangers!

titanse05
4 November 2016, 07:15
I'm well stocked on everything except 300 blk. I wanted to at least have a case of factory loaded subs on hand but SGAmmo never got anymore cases in of the S&B subs. :(

alamo5000
4 November 2016, 11:52
I went hunting for more primers and everything is sold out. Maybe pre erection jitters?

DeviantLogic
4 November 2016, 15:03
I went hunting for more primers and everything is sold out. Maybe pre erection jitters?

I don't think you're looking hard enough. Midway and Midsouth have plenty in stock.

BoilerUp
4 November 2016, 17:16

Pre erection jitters are the worst...

alamo5000
4 November 2016, 17:38
Pre erection jitters are the worst...

That was my Japanese side coming out [:D]

(no I am not Japanese at all)

"America is having a GIANT erection soon!"

I did find some primers in stock but they are way more than what I can get em for. $6 bucks per thousand more is kind of steep.

I have a stash but I am going to try to get ahead of the game.

FortTom
4 November 2016, 18:05
I just went to AIM surplus (not too far from here and can pick up and save shipping or order and avoid taxes). Surprisingly they were out of all 5.56 except Wolf Gold. Not the best stuff in the world, but does fairly well across the board in all my AR's. Mostly minute of man. I shoot a bunch of it. I just placed a big order, and I have a pretty impressive stock of various brands on hand. Even though they only had Wolf Gold left, the price was the same as always...so one could second guess either way. I think too many of you have resigned yourselves to give up and think the scumbag, treasonist compulsive liar who sold our country and it's secrets, to hide her crimes and for Clinton cash, and otherwise pure criminal is a sure bet to win the election. Hold tight for a couple of days, it's not over yet. And, I hate to say it, if she does win, and if you're down to your last few sticks of ammo, especially knowing this bitch was in the running for over a year and a half, well, that's just poor planning. Don't mean to piss anyone off, but that's just a fact.[:D]

O.K. GOST or UWone77, you can bitch slap me now for the right wing fringe of a political post[:D]

JGifford
4 November 2016, 23:03
That was my Japanese side coming out [:D]

(no I am not Japanese at all)

"America is having a GIANT erection soon!"

I did find some primers in stock but they are way more than what I can get em for. $6 bucks per thousand more is kind of steep.

I have a stash but I am going to try to get ahead of the game.

It's the most crooked erection ever.