PDA

View Full Version : my stach is almost gone

eldogg
4 September 2016, 13:42
down to 6 cases and this fell out..
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g258/eldogg/20160904_101848.jpeg (http://s58.photobucket.com/user/eldogg/media/20160904_101848.jpeg.html)

UWone77
4 September 2016, 14:52
Ha! Look at the date on that PO. Nice!

eldogg
4 September 2016, 14:56
back them it was easy to stack deep.

UWone77
4 September 2016, 15:02
back them it was easy to stack deep.

Yeah No kidding. Then again, not much gets cheaper as time goes on... but under $100 with shipping, that almost hurts looking back that that invoice!

BoilerUp
4 September 2016, 15:37
I thought this was going to be a thread about facial hair...

fledge
4 September 2016, 17:36
I wasn't into shooting 12 years ago. But this proves the rumors are true. Wow.

Joelski
4 September 2016, 17:45
It took you 12 years to almost get through 2,000 rounds???

alamo5000
4 September 2016, 17:53
When Obama won a friend and I took his airplane and flew over to Ammo-To-Go. It was absolutely insane. There were cars packing the parking lot and lined up for half a mile on both sides of the road in each direction.

I got several cases of cheap 762x39...we got so much in fact that the airplane couldn't take off because we were WAY over weight. It wasn't quite as cheap as the stuff in eldogg's post but it was still not bad at all. In a month or two I could have quadrupled my money.

UWone77
4 September 2016, 18:57
I wasn't into shooting 12 years ago. But this proves the rumors are true. Wow.

I recall the days of seeing SKS's on Shotgun News for $50-75.

Shortly after a lot of us were shooting neutered Oly Arms with post ban features. $100 glock mags and having a Bushmaster was the dream. [BD]

Joelski
4 September 2016, 19:35
I remember ammo that cheap. If I was into shooting as much back then, I'd measure my activity in shot-out barrels and bolts instead of thousands of stacked rounds.

Stone
4 September 2016, 23:58
Ahhh, the good old days... This is a good time to top off supply's, with the upcoming rigged election and all the hoopla that follows...

eric01
5 September 2016, 04:29
I really miss the South African 5.56 battle packs that ran about 13 cents a round.

Joelski
5 September 2016, 06:34
Crazy how it comes and goes. In 1984 when I bought my first AR, .223 was up to .50/round. There were quality handloads back then, but not much dirt cheap stuff either. I remember a guy who owned an SKS, but AK'S were non-existant in this neck of the woods.

SINNER
5 September 2016, 08:34
When Obama was debating and he said he was going after firearms if he won I ordered all four versions of the SCAR's. FDE and black 16's and 17's. By time they had arrived at my LGS the panic was in full swing. I could have sold one 17 at the shop for 2k less than I paid for all four. I did sell a few Saiga shotguns I paid less than $100 a piece for for over 1k each.

Next panic might require a capital gains tax. LOL

JGifford
11 September 2016, 23:31
I never really had a stach, but Ron Jeremy and a bunch of other legends really have me inspired to get one. Why are you losing yours , OP? It sounds like it's falling out, or you're trimming it down slowly or something?

FortTom
19 September 2016, 20:10
I live fairly close to AIM so I can ship or go pick up. During last ammo "scare" several local "dealers" (guy's working out of their house) were absolutely scalping folks to death. After the "scare", folks got even, and most of those dealers who got hyper greedy, are no longer in business. One guy who lives down here in KY, not far away, bought a boat load of Glocks, and tried to sell them around or over the 1k mark. Last I saw, he actually sounded like he was begging people to take them off of his hand, almost blaming folks for his F-up!, as though he was only doing a public service, and we should applaud his effort. I'm surprised the wholesaler sold him that many with him being a "kitchen table gun shop". Guess they'll give anyone a FFL

Thinking back on the whole thing now, it seems pretty comical.[:D]

Back to stash, every time I shoot a can, I've been ordering two to replace it. I think I have too much. I've got it stashed everywhere! Oh well, I guess it'll be Nov before it's time to panic again, or not. Me...eh, I'm good.:P

FT[:D]

eldogg
21 September 2016, 17:38
I never really had a stach, but Ron Jeremy and a bunch of other legends really have me inspired to get one. Why are you losing yours , OP? It sounds like it's falling out, or you're trimming it down slowly or something?

It's all grey now....