PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella Corporation Weapons Research Group Gen 2 Lowers / Uppers

UWone77
9 September 2016, 08:00
Not much is known about the new Umbrella (http://www.ucwrg.com/) Billet Receivers, but I did confirm with them that uppers will be available separately for those that have existing UCWRG Billet Lowers.

We have a new billet lower design complete and we’re excited to get them out there. While we’d like to have receivers ready before the election, we’re pushing to have them finished before Christmas. Timelines can change, especially after November. Like our first billet design these will include the ADAC for right side bolt catch. We’ve made a few improvements to this lower; the magwell bevel is deeper and by popular request we’ve added a tension screw. You might also notice we’ve switched the logo from the 3D version to our standard deep laser engraved umbrella. These lower receivers still feature our unique magwell geometry and are WEDM cut for an even smoother finish. Billet uppers will follow soon after the lowers are released to complete the pair.

http://www.ucwrg.com/

Aragorn
9 September 2016, 10:49
Super glad I've got the 3D engraved lower, since that's now retired. Not sure I see anything to get excited about with the upper though.

I AM excited to see their new BCG...

voodoo_man
9 September 2016, 11:24
Sorta want..

UWone77
9 September 2016, 11:32
Sorta want..

staaaph!!!!!

I need an upper. Will resist buying a lower.

alamo5000
9 September 2016, 12:31
staaaph!!!!!

You. Resist. Hahaaa!! Good one...

n4p226r
9 September 2016, 12:36
I know it's not the style of this forum to rag on companies so don't take this the wrong way but has umbrella gotten their shit together yet? I have a close friend that paid in full for their first billet lower. It took almost 2 years to complete and ship it to him.

SINNER
9 September 2016, 12:37
Looks like a GFY lower. Going to grab a few just because they have the ADAC.

Joelski
9 September 2016, 12:41
Not going to pay more for what amounts to a less cool logo. Pass.

voodoo_man
9 September 2016, 16:05
staaaph!!!!!

Want both.

What's the point of not buying a set?

UWone77
9 September 2016, 16:15

I believe they claimed it would be lower cost.

alamo5000
9 September 2016, 16:15
I know it's not the style of this forum to rag on companies so don't take this the wrong way but has umbrella gotten their shit together yet? I have a close friend that paid in full for their first billet lower. It took almost 2 years to complete and ship it to him.

If that's the case that is COMPLETELY unacceptable. After that long I don't know who to blame more. them or him. I would have asked for a refund a long time before that ever happened.

Duffy
9 September 2016, 17:06
Well, you didn't wait 10 years for your Shrike upper [BD]
2 years is but 1/5 of that, blink of an eye. If Ares kept up its scandalous pre-order program, we could have close to 8 belt fed uppers in our life time (based on the average American's lifespan of 78.7 years).

Umbrella Corporation is good people.

n4p226r
9 September 2016, 17:25
If that's the case that is COMPLETELY unacceptable. After that long I don't know who to blame more. them or him. I would have asked for a refund a long time before that ever happened.

i think after a year he pretty much said f it lets see how this plays out. Plus he didn't NEED the money. That said all their stuff is pretty nice quality

n4p226r
9 September 2016, 17:49
Well, you didn't wait 10 years for your Shrike upper [BD]
2 years is but 1/5 of that, blink of an eye. If Ares kept up its scandalous pre-order program, we could have close to 8 belt fed uppers in our life time (based on the average American's lifespan of 78.7 years).

Umbrella Corporation is good people.

I don't know what a shrike upper is but at least the ares is something different. 18 months to get a billet lower to market is kinda crazy. But they delivered in the end. I assume those area uppers haven't made it to market that well?

Also I have no doubt umbrella wasn't out to screw people. They are new and had a few bumps. I'm just hoping they worked it out this round.

UWone77
9 September 2016, 18:55
I'm not sure what business model UCWRG has, seems like they don't sell product year round.

BUT... I like the quality of their stuff, and the Umbrella logo reminds me of my teenage years playing Resident Evil.

Stone
9 September 2016, 19:07
Yeah they are nice but highly doubt they will ever be in stock. Their production runs must consist of 5 or so units...[bash]

UWone77
9 September 2016, 20:07
Yeah they are nice but highly doubt they will ever be in stock. Their production runs must consist of 5 or so units...[bash]

Actually when I bought my Billet Lowers, they were in stock for 2 weeks and had over 100 when they dumped them into the website!

GOST
10 September 2016, 04:26

In my opinion the flat logo on this Mary Poppins lower looks better than the 3D version. The 3D version to me looked like they tried to hard to make it look cool, this set is rather attractive. These will be more popular than Thor at a PTA meeting.

SINNER
10 September 2016, 04:36
Holy hell its GOST.

And I agree that 3D logo was pretty bad.

Dstrbdmedic167
10 September 2016, 04:49
I like the lower but I'm not feeling that upper at all. Still prefer my forget set which is becoming more and more of a collectible item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alamo5000
10 September 2016, 07:23
In my opinion the flat logo on this Mary Poppins lower looks better than the 3D version. The 3D version to me looked like they tried to hard to make it look cool, this set is rather attractive. These will be more popular than Thor at a PTA meeting.

He's still alive!!!![adore]

DeviantLogic
10 September 2016, 12:40
GOST! Welcome back!

UWone77
11 September 2016, 07:56

Right.... this should have been the first version. I'm sure the 3D logo was harder to machine as well. If they just used the forged logo scheme into the Billets, they still would have sold like hotcakes.

Now if they would just release those CHF Stainless barrels, I could finish my other forged UCWRG build that has everything but a barrel...

Aragorn
11 September 2016, 09:01
Different opinions I guess, I still think the 3D logo is crazy sweet. I love how it catches the light and it makes my inner machinist squeal with delight. No one else is doing anything like it either. It's all 2D, laser or milled.

But seriously yeah, where are the barrels?

JGifford
11 September 2016, 16:18
Actually when I bought my Billet Lowers, they were in stock for 2 weeks and had over 100 when they dumped them into the website!

Yep. I could have bought one but passed. I should have, and flipped it 8-12 mo later, but I digress.

JGifford
11 September 2016, 16:20
Right.... this should have been the first version. I'm sure the 3D logo was harder to machine as well. If they just used the forged logo scheme into the Billets, they still would have sold like hotcakes.

Now if they would just release those CHF Stainless barrels, I could finish my other forged UCWRG build that has everything but a barrel...

I'm betting the CHF SS barrels are a Daniel Defense or Ruger joint project thing. Just a hunch with no insider information (seriously, I'm wild guessing, here). Point being, I think they are probably bottlenecked by someone bigger than them.

UWone77
11 September 2016, 17:01
I'm betting the CHF SS barrels are a Daniel Defense or Ruger joint project thing. Just a hunch with no insider information (seriously, I'm wild guessing, here). Point being, I think they are probably bottlenecked by someone bigger than them.

I think you're probably making a good guess. Not like they're producing their own. The barrels were announced what almost 2 years ago? There's a bottleneck like you said somewhere, not sure who's holding it up.

Jerry R
11 September 2016, 18:18
... reminds me of my teenage years playing Resident Evil.

My teenage years, "Pong" had not been created yet !

GOST
16 October 2017, 10:47
According to their Instagram posts these will be out in a couple of months.

UWone77
16 October 2017, 11:26
According to their Instagram posts these will be out in a couple of months.

I love all the people that get triggered when they post.

Seriously though, they need to produce.

FortTom
16 October 2017, 12:26
My teenage years, "Pong" had not been created yet !
Pinball was king. When I started seeing the early video games, I thought, this S**t will never catch on.....:o

Joelski
16 October 2017, 13:30
My first "Pong" was labelled by Sears and hooked to the VHF connection on the back of the TV set. Back in the bad old days of no remotes!

Stone
16 October 2017, 14:07
Even though color TV was out we still had a black and white with a whopping four channels to choose from. Pinball was king indeed!!

Stone
16 October 2017, 14:10
I love all the people that get triggered when they post.

Seriously though, they need to produce.

Umbrella can still kiss my ass. I'm not going to buy one just out of spite. :P Besides, I have 3 KAC lowers and might grab a Mega forged before they are gone...