PDA

View Full Version : Rail Covers - Magpul handstop

Pyzik
13 September 2016, 08:34
Looking for something similar to my Noveske panels in the MLOK section. Magpul's handstop front index point looks like the money. i think I am going to have to buy two packs to get what I want though and then I'm going to have two of the larger "rear" handstops that I don't really want. Sigh.

Anyone used these? They look slightly bulkier than the Noveske, are they "bulky"?

https://www.magpul.com/Admin/Public/GetImage.ashx?Image=/Files/Files/Images/Products/Hand%20Guard/MAG608/double/MAG608-1-15.png&altFmImage_path=/Files/Files/Images/Products/noImage.png&Width=500&Height=320&Crop=5

UWone77
13 September 2016, 08:54
On slimmer rails they feel good. A little too bulky on larger handguards ... say greater than 1.5 ID.

voodoo_man
13 September 2016, 09:12
I have them on my Geissele. Good to go.

Pyzik
13 September 2016, 09:14
Thank ya, gents

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

GOST
13 September 2016, 10:43
I've got some and they're texture is more aggressive than I like.

Pyzik
13 September 2016, 10:58
I've got some and they're texture is more aggressive than I like.
Hmm. Good to know. Some sanding can fix that if I need to.

EO3
13 September 2016, 11:18
They're pretty slim overall and fit quite nicely on my SMOS GFY rail. I also agree that they are a bit aggressively textured if you aren't wearing gloves.

Stickman
13 September 2016, 11:25
They're pretty slim overall and fit quite nicely on my SMOS GFY rail. I also agree that they are a bit aggressively textured if you aren't wearing gloves.

You've turned into quite the SMOS Shill. [:D]

EO3
13 September 2016, 11:35
You've turned into quite the SMOS Shill. [:D]

You could say that... [BD]

Joelski
13 September 2016, 12:53
I thought the M-Lok hand stop was one piece with a cover? Am I reading incorrectly the OP only wants to use the small part of the handstop?

Pyzik
13 September 2016, 13:03
I thought the M-Lok hand stop was one piece with a cover? Am I reading incorrectly the OP only wants to use the small part of the handstop?
Looking at it, it looks to me like I can use the front stop and middle parts separately from the huge rear stop.

I would buy another kit and use the second front stop as the rear stop.

fledge
13 September 2016, 13:24
Griffin's may be an alternative. Just tossing it out there.

https://www.griffinarmament.com/Griffin-Armament-Rail-Shield-4-Piece-M-Lok-Furnitu-p/garsblk.htm

GOST
13 September 2016, 13:43
Looking at it, it looks to me like I can use the front stop and middle parts separately from the huge rear stop.

I would buy another kit and use the second front stop as the rear stop.

You are correct. The 2 stops can be mounted without the bridge part, the stops mount with screws. The bridge part is used for MOE mount, it's not needed for M-LOK.

Former11B
14 September 2016, 09:59
Pyzik, Do you need the MLOK version? I have a single Picatinny version I'm not using that can be yours for the low low price of nothing

Griffin's may be an alternative. Just tossing it out there.

https://www.griffinarmament.com/Griffin-Armament-Rail-Shield-4-Piece-M-Lok-Furnitu-p/garsblk.htm

I wonder if these panels would fit into my Parallax Tactical FFSSR rail slots. I have seen the KAC URX rail covers used on it...Griffin's probably would too

Pyzik
14 September 2016, 10:26
Pyzik, Do you need the MLOK version? I have a single Picatinny version I'm not using that can be yours for the low low price of nothing.

Thanks for the offer but that would require me to put pic rails on an M-LOK rail to use the covers. And I'm not about that life.

UWone77
14 September 2016, 11:05
Thanks for the offer but that would require me to put pic rails on an M-LOK rail to use the covers. And I'm not about that life.

I did that on a KeyMod handguard, it works, but not optimal. Adds too much, but I wonder if it would help if I used those new Arisaka lopro pic rail piece.