PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Armament SquareDrop Handguard

GOST
19 September 2016, 15:15

The AAC SquareDrop Handguard is a proprietary 100% free-float attachment system that allows infinitely adjustable mounting positions for any Keymod or SquareDrop accessory, enabling you to create your own mission specific configuration. Offered in 8", 11.2" and 13.5" lengths, the unique SquareDrop Handguard features extended alignment flanges to ensure a repeatable fit eliminating torque or rotational force movement. Innovative turnbuckle mounting design allows users to quickly and easily install and remove rail system. Full length internal ribs offer superior strength and durability. Smooth snag free design eliminates “cheese grater” effect. Assemblies include handguard, barrel nut, turnbuckle and install wrench.

Specifications:

Length: 8", 11.2" (11.15") or 13.5" (13.51")
Outer Diameter: 1.75"
Inner Diameter: 1.30"
Weight: 6.35 oz, 9.0 oz, 10.45 oz
Free Float: Yes
Material: Aluminum
Finish: Black Anodizing
Special AAC engraving

MSRP starting at $179.99

http://www.advanced-armament.com/AAC-SquareDrop-Handguard_p_710.html

DeviantLogic
19 September 2016, 16:00
Interesting. Looks like the lengths will mate well with 9", 12.5" and 14.5" barrels. Would like to see a video on the handguard and any accessories they're planning.

din
19 September 2016, 18:38
Interesting mounting system for the barrel nut. I wonder how rigid it'll be. Not sure about the accessory mounting, but it's a good price.

schambers
19 September 2016, 19:03
Should have made an ID of at least 1.55" Missed opportunity.

*edit* now that I think about it, is it just me or is an OD of 1.75" and an ID of 1.3" seem like a really big difference?

UWone77
19 September 2016, 19:34
Should have made an ID of at least 1.55" Missed opportunity.

*edit* now that I think about it, is it just me or is an OD of 1.75" and an ID of 1.3" seem like a really big difference?

Huge difference.

On a side note, I'd like to see more manufacturers fill the 8" Handguard niche.

tact
21 September 2016, 16:51
Well if it performs as well as keymod....fail.

fledge
21 September 2016, 20:37
Slightly off topic, but is AAC making a comeback? I thought they were nearly dead with all the stories of discontinued products, not honoring gift cards, virtual no customer service, endless delays, old tech, etc. This new rail is surprising. I refuse to own anything of theirs based on others' experiences.

DeviantLogic
22 September 2016, 11:27
Sent AAC a note about the outer and inner diameters...they said that the measurements are correct. Guessing it has to do with the "full length ribs".

Slightly off topic, but is AAC making a comeback?

I hope so - I've always liked AAC products...but they need more than a new rail for them to turn things around.