PDA

View Full Version : Ejection Problem

FortTom
29 September 2016, 05:18
I have one rifle that ejects the cases at just over 90 degrees, which makes me very unpopular at the range with the shooter on my right. I've checked the every component of the BCG, different brands of ammo, etc and I just can't find a solution. [crazy] Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
FT

Slippers
29 September 2016, 05:51
I have one rifle that ejects the cases at just over 90 degrees, which makes me very unpopular at the range with the shooter on my right. I've checked the every component of the BCG, different brands of ammo, etc and I just can't find a solution. [crazy] Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
FT

Without getting into the obnoxious internet arguments about ejection patterns, you can adjust where the brass goes by changing any of the following:

1. Buffer spring
2. Extractor spring/insert/o-ring
3. Ejector spring
4. Buffer weight

In high power competition it is bothersome to have your brass hitting the guy next to you, or being sent really far, so we used to clip the ejector spring shorter so it wasn't as strong, and the brass wouldn't get flung as far. I would never do this on a duty rifle though, only a gamer gun.

Extractor tension and ejector spring strength can definitely change the ejection path, so you can try using a stiffer extractor spring, or adding the crane o-ring.

Personally I hate to mess with a gun that is running 100%, so I'd just tell the guy in the next lane over to deal with it, or move further down the line.

SINNER
29 September 2016, 06:20
Cheapest fix is a stiffer buffer spring. Correct fix is buffer and spring matched to the rifle. Although I do agree with Slippers about screwing with a functional rifle. What's it's use? Nothing wrong with a slightly over gassed duty gun.

Stone
29 September 2016, 07:48
Brass catcher, 10 bucks on amazon.

FortTom
29 September 2016, 21:33
I've got a heavy buffer in it, I didn't think of the buffer spring. That would be a cheap fix, if it works. First time I've ever had this problem, at least not to this extent.

Thanks to all, for the other possible easy fixes.

FT[:D]

556BlackRifle
16 October 2016, 10:34
90 Degrees is a good problem to have. The range I shoot at has cardboard boxes that members use to catch the rounds. Great if you reload. :)

Joelski
16 October 2016, 11:11

This. If everybody used one, there'd be less bitchy RO's in the world. [:D]

ie: dump your steel shit in the can over there instead of leaving it on the ground. That shit looks horrible after a while!

din
16 October 2016, 17:08
FT, have you tried an A5 setup?

alamo5000
16 October 2016, 17:43

Which one do you recommend? Got a link?