PDA

View Full Version : Arisaka Low Profile Bipod Mount Review

Dave Timm
3 October 2016, 21:19
Hi Guys,

Recently I had the opportunity to review the new to market, low profile bipod mount fro Harris bipeds from Arisaka. Now those familiar with Arisaka products know that they make quality, well made parts. I've used their light mounts and other hand guard accessories and have been impressed. When I first heard about this part I was a little skeptical as many other Harris bipod adaptors for picatinny rails are usually big, bulky and not that great. The Harris bipod is no doubt a staple product, rugged, simple but using them on AR's or pic rails hasn't been that good of an experience...until now.

When I first received it my first thought was why didn't anyone think of that before. It replaced the swivel stud assembly reducing the bulk of the other products that use a complete Harris bipod. By removing the swivel assembly and having the adaptor mount the bipod it really updates the Harris into something very useful for an AR or any gun with a pic rail. Truly a well thought out, simple and sleek product. Add a pod lock and you have an outstanding bipod.

For more details, to see a closer look, and installation please check out the video. Thanks for watching!

-Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVVbDFhqCd0

http://arisakadefense.com/collections/control-accessories/products/low-profile-bipod-mount

Dstrbdmedic167
4 October 2016, 04:50
Great video as always! The bipod adapter is also awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FortTom
6 October 2016, 07:06
Hmmm..was considering a bipod for my LR-10. This makes it more attractive, as I've always felt, that for me the system was just a mess, bulky, etc. This may actually work for me.

Thanks,
FT

gatordev
6 October 2016, 07:54
Hurricane Matthew is interrupting my attempt at taking this mount out to the range on my R700, but I really like what I'm seeing so far. If it was possible to come up with a QD version, I'd be all over it too.

FortTom
12 October 2016, 08:53
Hurricane Matthew is interrupting my attempt at taking this mount out to the range on my R700, but I really like what I'm seeing so far. If it was possible to come up with a QD version, I'd be all over it too.
When things clear up down there, I guess that may be a while, be sure to let us know what you think.

Slippers
12 October 2016, 09:55
Walt and I are working on a QD version, and attempting to keep it within the exact same overall size. I'll drop some pics on wevo once we start prototyping it.

FortTom
12 October 2016, 11:54
Walt and I are working on a QD version, and attempting to keep it within the exact same overall size. I'll drop some pics on wevo once we start prototyping it. Now I'm wondering if I should buy, or wait until the QD version comes out. Looks like a great system. Plus I want "tight" and compact and it looks like you've achieved that.

FT

Slippers
12 October 2016, 11:58
Now I'm wondering if I should buy, or wait until the QD version comes out. Looks like a great system. Plus I want "tight" and compact and it looks like you've achieved that.

FT

Up to you. We're not anywhere close to releasing something, considering physical prototypes are still a ways out.

gatordev
12 October 2016, 13:42
Walt and I are working on a QD version, and attempting to keep it within the exact same overall size. I'll drop some pics on wevo once we start prototyping it.

This is exciting. Whenever it does come out, I know exactly which rifle it will go on...maybe even two.

FortTom
12 October 2016, 14:10
This is exciting. Whenever it does come out, I know exactly which rifle it will go on...maybe even two.
I decided I couldn't wait. I just ordered a new bi-pod, and will call Arisaka tomorrow and order the new mount. I think this will be just right for my LR-10.

gatordev
12 October 2016, 14:22
I decided I couldn't wait. I just ordered a new bi-pod, and will call Arisaka tomorrow and order the new mount. I think this will be just right for my LR-10.

For what you're doing, it should be right up your alley. I have this mount on my R700 and I'm fine with the non-QD function for that rifle. Not all my rifles need QD, but I'd like to have it on some, and having the significantly lower profile mount solves a lot of issues on a smaller rail. Plus it doesn't cost $210 total like the only other option out there.

Did I mention I'm excited?

FortTom
15 October 2016, 10:40
For what you're doing, it should be right up your alley..... Plus it doesn't cost $210 total like the only other option out there.

Did I mention I'm excited?

It's a heck of a bargain. I bought the mount for $49 bucks. I have plenty of picatinny rails for Keymod, but I went ahead and ordered the low profile piece from them (Arisaka), to maintain the whole "low profile" goal that I'm going for. $28 bucks. So, $77 for the whole kit. Not bad at all. I had the additional cost of a Harris bi-pod, but that's really beside the point. The mount itself, is by no means over priced for what you get and what it does. I can't wait 'till it gets here.

FT.[:D]