PDA

View Full Version : Free - New Give Away Millett TRS-1 4 X 16 X 50 30mm Tube Mil-Dot Illuminated Recticle Scope

FortTom
11 October 2016, 09:12
I bought this a couple of years ago. It's still new in the box and taking up badly needed space, and not being used. It's never been mounted. I bought this for my LR-10 and decided to use another scope that I already had. I'm hoping someone can get some use out of this and see that it doesn't go to waste. You can see all of the specs and picture here

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/458997/millett-tactical-trs-1-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-4-16x-50mm-side-focus-1-10-mil-adjustments-green-illuminated-mil-dotbar-reticle-matte?cm_mmc=pf_ci_bing-_-Optics+-+Scopes+-+12X+and+Greater-_-Millett-_-458997

This would make a nice scope for your .308 LR or AR 10, or just about any rifle you'd want to mount it on. The rules are the same as always, guess a number between 0 and 1000. You must have been a member 30 days prior to this post. If there is a tie, the first timestamp on the post wins. Take it if you can use it or know someone you're going to GIVE it to, to be used. Do not enter if you're hoping to flip it on Ebay, or some other scheme for profit. That would make you the official forum Douchebag. Other than that, happy guessing. We'll end this Monday 17 OCT 16 at 23:59hr ET. I will ship it CONUS only. As always, if you are deployed overseas, active duty, I'll figure out some way to get it to you, or your conus duty station. As always the Admins and Mods can modify this anyway they deem necessary. Shipping is on my dime.

Thanks, and have fun.

FT[:D]

UWone77
11 October 2016, 09:39
You're a popular man FT

Battle Cock
11 October 2016, 09:58
You're a popular man FT

Hey, if you want in on this one, I can be the keeper of the secret number this time. I have no need for a scope like this since the only rifle I own above .223 is a SOCOM II and its more of a red dot host.

UWone77
11 October 2016, 10:01
Hey, if you want in on this one, I can be the keeper of the secret number this time. I have no need for a scope like this since the only rifle I own above .223 is a SOCOM II and its more of a red dot host.

I appreciate it, but I wouldn't get as much use out of it as some of the other members.

Dstrbdmedic167
11 October 2016, 10:21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Former11B
11 October 2016, 10:27

Thanks again for the chance. My .223 bolt gun would approve of this

FortTom
11 October 2016, 10:33
You're a popular man FT
Nah, that's not what this is about. Besides, I'm hoping, besides the regulars, that some folks that just dodge in and out once a year or so, would stay and contribute to the forum. And former regulars would come back.

FortTom
11 October 2016, 10:36

Thanks again for the chance. My .223 bolt gun would approve of this
That's sort of what I was thinking. This scope would be just as comfy sitting on a bolt action rifle, as it would anything AR/LR etc..related.

MCA
11 October 2016, 12:46
Nah, that's not what this is about. Besides, I'm hoping, besides the regulars, that some folks that just dodge in and out once a year or so, would stay and contribute to the forum. And former regulars would come back.

I'm not experienced enough to add too much knowledge wise but I do get my fill reading up here the last couple of years. My friend Former11B turned me on to WEVO.

With that said thanks for another generous giveaway FT.

In with 259

FortTom
11 October 2016, 14:21
I'm not experienced enough to add too much knowledge wise but I do get my fill reading up here the last couple of years. My friend Former11B turned me on to WEVO.

With that said thanks for another generous giveaway FT.

In with 259

MCA We all have different skill levels and experiences here. Nobody on this forum was born with an M4 up their ass. They had to start somewhere too, myself included. Some of us have had the advantage of advanced training, either through the military, LEO, or private training and civilian groups in the business.
That said, even if you fired your first shot 5 minutes ago, now you have something to share. Hell, I've been shootin the AR platform since 1975, when I joined the service. Fast forward, got a lot of training, thank you taxpayers. But times have changed. New Gen's have new gear. I would have loved the night vision equip. that's available to war fighters now. Hell, I couldn't have envisioned it, it looks so sci-fi. Hell, I've had my ass in the desert when a 'Nam era flak jacket, was considered "body armor". So, if new guy's didn't come and tell us about your fist trigger pull, the forum would be like my story. Old and worthless.

So, I raise you from the river, newly firearm baptized, MCA.

tb417
11 October 2016, 14:39
417 please!

Thank you for your generosity!

FortTom
11 October 2016, 15:06
417 please!

Thank you for your generosity!

6 posts per year? Ha..ah...ha.. that's cool, but why don't you join the group that WEVO (I am in no way affiliated). If you want a RDS, obviously you love the same firearms that we do?.... Still, you're cool. Not my forum, but I still would like to see you share.
FT[:)]

old11bravo
11 October 2016, 15:14

Thanks again FT!

Tyrannosaur
11 October 2016, 16:17
Wow going all out, thank you Fort Tom for yet another opportunity. I'll do 666 just cause I like it

MCA
11 October 2016, 17:18
So, I raise you from the river, newly firearm baptized, MCA.

Coolest line ever pointed in my direction[:)] I accept....much obliged!

BoilerUp
11 October 2016, 18:18

Thanks again FT!

I bet I know where you work...

old11bravo
11 October 2016, 18:30
I bet I know where you work...

No. I wish. I am just a lowly, under paid state worker.

din
11 October 2016, 18:42
Staying out of this one, but thanks again FT!

tb417
11 October 2016, 18:50
6 posts per year? Ha..ah...ha.. that's cool, but why don't you join the group that WEVO (I am in no way affiliated). If you want a RDS, obviously you love the same firearms that we do?.... Still, you're cool. Not my forum, but I still would like to see you share.
FT[:)]
Sorry, I "grew up" in the "read more, post less!" Fourm.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

SINNER
11 October 2016, 19:44
Very generous of you, Tom.

I personally would like to hear more about your experiences with the early AR's. Lol

UWone77
11 October 2016, 19:54
Sorry, I "grew up" in the "read more, post less!" Fourm.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Don't mind FT he just likes to harass people with his abnormally small hands [adore]

FortTom
12 October 2016, 07:31
Don't mind FT he just likes to harass people with his abnormally small hands [adore]

:(

Pyzik
12 October 2016, 09:49
Whoa. FT is a man to be modeled after. (am I sucking up right?) Just kidding. This is awesome.

FortTom
12 October 2016, 11:37
Very generous of you, Tom.

I personally would like to hear more about your experiences with the early AR's. Lol

Ha..ha..ha.... heck the AR's, and CAR's were already old news when I first got my hands on one![:D]

mustangfreek
13 October 2016, 03:40

Ya been here for s little while and seen many come and go like many
Forums, but I like it hear and haven't been on much lately..

Honestly tough time and trying to contribute is hard when you want to but can't, don't got deep pockets or a nice camera.

Thanks again FT and wevo

FortTom
13 October 2016, 05:45
I understand, fully, what you're saying MF. But a person doesn't have to try to dissect the AR to find some little bit to discuss, they can talk about their favorite pistol, and why. One could just post a joke in the lounge, or write a short line or three about a dream rifle/scope/trigger group that's on their bucket list. You can share a story about a firearm that an acquaintance at a gun range let you shoot. Hell, if a person just posts "I bought 2 boxes of ammo today" 3 people will probably jump on that and start a 30 post thread.[:D]
FT

FortTom
13 October 2016, 07:16
Folks, I made a HUGE mistake. When I opened up the Millet Box to double check everything was in the box, I discovered the WRONG scope was in there. Turns out, I had forgot, I did mount the Millet on my LR-10. The scope in the box was a different unused scope, in a P.E.P.R. mount, that I decided not to use.

My sincere apologies to everyone for this bone headed error. I will still give the other scope away, but in a new thread, and a little later to make sure folks who entered for this one got an explanation on what happened. As soon as I can get in touch with one of the admins or mods, I will see if they will lock this thread, for now.

Thanks, and my sincere apologies,

FT[bash]

Pyzik
13 October 2016, 07:18
Dude, you're giving things away free. Don't feel too bad... lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

UWone77
13 October 2016, 07:21
No Problem FT, we'll lock this one up.