PDA

View Full Version : Just bought the Noveske N4 Light 10.5

Ryo
16 March 2009, 17:00
I'm doing a pistol build.. Just happen to see that Rainier Arms had the Noveske 10.5" in stock so i just bought it. (I already own a pistol lower so I'm legal)

Any case I just wanted advice on the pistol tube. I've read a lot, but none of it really gave details on the overall length, or how comfortable it is compared to other tubes. I'm thinking of getting the full size tube to limit the problems with short stroking, etc.

Note: I've seen lot of people say that the Ace pistol kit is good as well as the Spike's Tactical one.

Shoot technique is a totally different matter. I'll probably shoot similar to rifle method (if possible) or the cheek neck position I've seen (never shot that way before).

Oh.. and what's the difference between the 10.5 version and the "shorty" version.. seems very similar.. other than the pig FH & the front sight.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Stickman
16 March 2009, 17:09
Use a single point sling, and press away from your body. The sling will get more stable as you press harder. Its an older technique, but the SAS have used it to good effect.

Ryo
16 March 2009, 17:15
I remember reading that technique. Also remember someone saying that their arms got tired doing that. I'll have to try it out for myself.. once I finish stripping one lower to building the pistol.

Hmm.. Looking at the Shorty.. looks like I have a cross breed between the low profile and the basic (no rail).

Stickman
16 March 2009, 18:06
I remember reading that technique. Also remember someone saying that their arms got tired doing that.

Yes, but they stayed pretty motivated by [:D]shooting people.

Actually, its a matter of getting used to it. You will NEED a good sling for this style of shooting. Of course there are other options, like trying to hold it similar to a heavy pistol....

Ryo
16 March 2009, 18:41
I have a BFG single point so I think it should hold up.

I was wondering if RA get's their stuff custom selected from Noveske.. because I tried looking up the one I ordered from the Noveske website and couldn't find it.. Closest thing was a cross between the "N4 Light Shorty Low Profile Upper" and the "N4 Light Shorty Basic Upper".. where the "N4 Light Shorty Basic Upper" uses the rail system from the "N4 Light Shorty Low Profile Upper".