PDA

View Full Version : Pleasantly surprised.

rxer311
18 October 2016, 11:41
The rifle I am talking about in this thread was originally talked about in this thread hear pertaining to performance with mil spec ammo:
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?9295-Okay-for-mil-spec-ammo

If you don't feel like going through the entire thread here is the short and sweet. I was sighting in my new Noveske Rifle (when I say Noveske I mean I built it myself from all Noveske Parts). It was built on a gen 3 chassis awith a 14.5" CHF Noveske barrel with pinned FH, ALG ACT trigger, topped with an Aimpoint PRO. I was getting larger groups at my 50 yard sight in distance than I was really liking. I took this particular rifle out again today to confirm my zero and to put more rounds down range to properly vet its use for home defense purposes. The only change I made to the rifle was changing from an H1 to H2 buffer. Most variables were similar as both days were sunny, low humidity, at around 80 degrees. Shooting from a bench with the rail on a rest and the rear not rested.

Here is my target from a few months ago using a mix of 55gr Independence Mil spec ammo and 55gr federal white box ammo. 60 rounds on target. 50 yards.

Here is my target from today using 55gr Federal brown box. 75 rounds on target. 50 yards.

As you can see the grouping has shrunk quite a bit. Not sure if it is the ammo, the barrel settling in, or me getting better. In any case, it is a nice surprise and while I was a bit concerned with the results of my first range trip with this rifle, I am now more than happy with how it performs.

Pyzik
24 October 2016, 09:03
Nice shooting. Second set of targets, the group def. tightened up. Have you tried of heavier loads yet?

rxer311
24 October 2016, 14:57
I have not run any heavier ammo through it yet.