PDA

View Full Version : who warranties 7.5" barrel supressor?

ksenter
27 October 2016, 10:15
Any manufacturers will warranty their suppressor on a 7.5" AR in 5.56? Have yet to venture into NFA game and seriously considering SBR my AR pistol and attaching a Supp. to the frontend.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj95/kennysenter/gun%20stuff/arpistol_001_zpsb758bc78.jpg (http://s270.photobucket.com/user/kennysenter/media/gun%20stuff/arpistol_001_zpsb758bc78.jpg.html)

UWone77
27 October 2016, 10:21
Off hand I think Silencerco will warranty the Saker down to 7.5

You sure you want to suppress 7.5? It's soooooooo loud... as long as you're good with wearing earpro it can be a fun short gun to shoot.

ksenter
27 October 2016, 10:24
Im not so much wanting to suppress this AR only, but of the 4 I own, Id like to be able to host it on any given one at the time I choose, including using it on my 22/45 lite. Considering a 5.56 for multiple use and a .308 for my 700AAC

SwissyJim
27 October 2016, 10:24
According to SilencerCo (https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.silencerco/support/barrel+restrictions.pdf), the Saker line is good to 7". I'm sure there are others out there as well...

Dstrbdmedic167
27 October 2016, 10:25
2nd on the saker.

yea suppressing a 7.5" will yield negligible returns as far as suppression goes. Would still be a blast that required ear pro like UW said.(pun intented)

ksenter
27 October 2016, 10:35
good info. Wasted time and energy searching for anything that would be compatible it seems. I always wear ear pro, so no issue. Think I'll focus more on dedicated .22lr for the 22/45 and a good 30cal for the 700AAC

UWone77
27 October 2016, 11:06
A Saker K would be fun on a 7.5"

Definitely go dedicated for a .22LR. You'll be glad you did.

Dave Timm
27 October 2016, 12:15
Dead Air has probably the best warranty in the business. We have shot a Sandman S on an 8" 308. It was still loud but helped.

alamo5000
27 October 2016, 17:03
Griffin does.

fledge
27 October 2016, 17:56
And the Dead Air Sandman has NO barrel length requirement.

SINNER
28 October 2016, 05:56
I have a 7.62 and a 5.56 Saker and love them.

As far as the Dead Air goes my closest friend got suckered on one and it's been horrific. 2 times sent back with the brake seized in the can. I laughed hysterically when I saw they put a fake ratchet on the can when he first got it and it has proven to be nothing but a big ass joke. Last I heard he was selling it to buy an Omega.

fledge
28 October 2016, 06:52
I've not seen any negative reviews on the Dead Air. Did he do an write up somewhere?

Former11B
28 October 2016, 08:33
Liberty Triumph is rated to 7.5" for semi auto use

As far as the Dead Air goes my closest friend got suckered on one and it's been horrific. 2 times sent back with the brake seized in the can. I laughed hysterically when I saw they put a fake ratchet on the can when he first got it and it has proven to be nothing but a big ass joke. Last I heard he was selling it to buy an Omega.

There's a guy that posts in the silencer section of ARFCOM who's the biggest Dead Air fan boy. Anytime someone posts something slightly detrimental, he e-mails them and then an actual dead air rep shows up in the thread hours later. Happens EVERY time. He would probably have a heart attack if he read this [BD]

UWone77
28 October 2016, 08:59

I know someone else had an issue that I knew of with the brake seizing on the can, but all cans are subject to that with enough carbon build up. I put a little anti-seize on the brake, and use my suppressor wrap to take off the can while it's still hot to prevent this.

I only have a thread on Sandman Ti, so I'll try that one out before I venture into the QD version.

GRIFFIN ARMAMENT
22 April 2017, 12:59
Griffin does.

Yes we do

tact
22 April 2017, 15:57
The Dead Air stuff always makes me laugh. Aren't they using the same Stellite material in their baffles as Silencerco?

UWone77
23 April 2017, 13:19
The Dead Air stuff always makes me laugh. Aren't they using the same Stellite material in their baffles as Silencerco?

I've got some Dead Air cans pending. My non-scientific opinion so far... they feel cheap.

tact
23 April 2017, 15:35
I've got some Dead Air cans pending. My non-scientific opinion so far... they feel cheap.

I'm sure most would appreciate an unbiased review from you in the future. I was always under the impression it was mostly marketing hype and I've always thought it odd that when negative reviews show up they ultimately disappear.

voodoo_man
23 April 2017, 17:17
gemtech one...

UWone77
23 April 2017, 17:33
gemtech one...

Don't have one yet, but shot a demo. That's a great can from what I can tell.

I love the attachment method, what amounts to a 2 lug. Also helps when Lantac is making mounts.

voodoo_man
23 April 2017, 19:10
Don't have one yet, but shot a demo. That's a great can from what I can tell.

I love the attachment method, what amounts to a 2 lug. Also helps when Lantac is making mounts.

Rated for short barrel auto fire.

Plus, in case something goes wrong, gemtech's customer service is fantastic.