PDA

View Full Version : EDC Sights

Tlaloc
31 October 2016, 22:00
Hello,

I've had Springfield XDM 3.8 as my daily carry for the last 5 years now. My sights are pretty worn and I'd like to update to some sort of night sights.

Any recommendations?

(yes I've tried fixing them up with glow in the dark nail polish but it's not bright at all)

Thank you.

Pyzik
1 November 2016, 04:44
Trijicon HDs or the Ameriglo knock offs of them. They're not cheap but they are awesome. My favorite pistol sights.

Jerry R
1 November 2016, 07:13
Trijicon HDs or the Ameriglo knock offs of them. They're not cheap but they are awesome. My favorite pistol sights.

Excellent choices; pretty much the "go-to" in night sights. I also like the TruGlo TFO and TFX sights. They have some exposed fibre optic and the tubes have tritium so they glow in the daylight and the dark.

tact
1 November 2016, 08:02
Defoor's or the Triji HDs

2ATA
1 November 2016, 09:33
RMR.[:D]

The only gun I carry with regular sights is my duty gun and that's only because policy won't allow an RMR.

Calico Jack
1 November 2016, 13:18
Truglo TFX Or the TFXPro

DeviantLogic
1 November 2016, 14:08
The Trijicon HD's are my go to, but it's really user preference. For day time, when really all my shooting occurs - I like a bright front sight and blacked out rears...some people like different though. At night/low-light, I like having tritium in both front and back, but unless it's pitch black you can normally get a good sight picture without rear tritium.

Stone
1 November 2016, 19:03
I have the HD's(Orange) on my 3.8 XDM. To be honest I feel they are ok at best. I have the standard trijis on my other 2 XDM's and really prefer them. Its not the night time shooting that bothers me but that big orange lollipop on the end of the pistol is distracting and my accuracy suffers with that pistol. I just picked up a new G17 and had them put the standard trijis with the white outline on them, love them! XDM's sights are notoriously difficult to change, have somebody who knows what they are doing do the swap for you. I had James at HS2000 do mine, good dude. Has your trigger gotten spongy yet? If so take a look at powder river precision they have some great trigger upgrades and a few videos to do it yourself if you feel confident.

Tlaloc
1 November 2016, 22:20
I have the HD's(Orange) on my 3.8 XDM. To be honest I feel they are ok at best. I have the standard trijis on my other 2 XDM's and really prefer them. Its not the night time shooting that bothers me but that big orange lollipop on the end of the pistol is distracting and my accuracy suffers with that pistol. I just picked up a new G17 and had them put the standard trijis with the white outline on them, love them! XDM's sights are notoriously difficult to change, have somebody who knows what they are doing do the swap for you. I had James at HS2000 do mine, good dude. Has your trigger gotten spongy yet? If so take a look at powder river precision they have some great trigger upgrades and a few videos to do it yourself if you feel confident.
Yeah, the trigger has gotten a slight smoosh. I was almost going to switch to an xds but the trigger of the on I tried was disappointing.

Tlaloc
1 November 2016, 22:21
Thank you gentlemen. I guess I got to head out to the local shop and pick between triji and truglo...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

mustangfreek
2 November 2016, 00:19
My truglos are Allright but the HD's on another gun get my attention better but also a nice blacked out rear and FO front from like heinie/warren are nice also

Just comes down to user preference i believe

Tlaloc
30 December 2016, 11:37
So... As I was about to order the TFX I bumped onto this https://store.speedsights.com

Anybody has feedback an then?

MoxyDave
30 December 2016, 12:59
Check out Ameriglo i-dot and Heinie Straight 8's. I've grown to like the 2-dot system over the 3-dot. Faster for me to acquire.

SINNER
30 December 2016, 13:14
Hands down Trijicon. Brighter and longer lasting than any others I've used.

Joelski
30 December 2016, 15:24
Another vote for the HD's.

Thompson
30 December 2016, 18:12
So... As I was about to order the TFX I bumped onto this https://store.speedsights.com

Anybody has feedback an then?

Maybe I'm out of the loop. That or they are small that I've never even heard of them.

IMHO - I'd stick to tried and true -- especially when it comes to HD/SD.

That being said - chalk another one up for the Trijicon HDs.

Axlnut
30 December 2016, 19:34
Another HD vote here

GOST
30 December 2016, 20:25
Check out Ameriglo i-dot and Heinie Straight 8's. I've grown to like the 2-dot system over the 3-dot. Faster for me to acquire.

I prefer the 2 dot system better also. I don't know if Amerglo makes the I-dot for a XDM, they don't make one for my VP9. The Heinie or Warren Tactical are both great options.

http://item.brownells.com/groups/warren-tactical-series-tritium-sight-sets-for-springfield-xdxdm/tritium-sight-sets-for-springfield-xdxdm-2-lamp-set-1-lamp-rear-1-lamp-front.htm

https://www.heinie.com/3685l-heinie-xd-slantpro-ledge-straight-eight-night-sight-set

Txfilmmaker
30 December 2016, 20:35
Currently, I have stock M&P sights. I loved having a black rear sight and tritium front on my G19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axlnut
31 December 2016, 08:59
I double tapped..

Either way. Get HDs.

EO3
31 December 2016, 11:38
Trijicon HD's for me!

Cotton68spc
31 December 2016, 11:57
Xs sights are cheaper than most come with all tools I like the standard dot more than the bid dot , it's about the same size as trijcon Hds and half the cost and the rear has plenty of meat for one handed drills the dot the I system is very quick and accurate didn't think I would like it but now all my carry guns have xs sights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk