PDA

View Full Version : SCALARWORKS™ LDM410 RMR Mount

GOST
1 November 2016, 13:45

Engineered to be the lightest Quick-Detach mount possible, without compromising an ounce of strength.

SPECIFICATIONS:

MATERIALS: 7075-T6 Aluminum Alloy / 4140H Steel Alloy
FINISHES: Mil-A-8625 Type III Hard Coat Anodizing / Black Nitride™
WEIGHT: 34.3g (1.21oz) LDM400 / 35.6g (1.26oz) LDM410 + 1.8g (0.06oz) SCREWS
ORIGIN: USA
WARRANTY: Lifetime
HEIGHT OVER RAIL (OPTIC CENTER): 36mm (1.42″) LDM400 / 40mm (1.57″) LDM410
COMPATIBLE OPTICS: Trijicon RMR
COMPATIBLE FIREARMS: AR-15, AR-10, SCAR, Tavor and similar with MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny Rail

MSRP $149.00

https://scalarworks.com/shop/optic-mounts/ldm-rmr/

BoilerUp
1 November 2016, 17:27
Wow, that's light. Anyone have any experience using an RMR as the primary sight on a carbine?

UWone77
1 November 2016, 18:04
Wow, that's light. Anyone have any experience using an RMR as the primary sight on a carbine?

I might try it on my CMT ARMINI when it's approved, but on a full size gun, I don't like it. Window is too small for me. I'm sure you can get used to it with training, but IMHO, why bother when it costs just as much as a Micro.

MoxyDave
1 November 2016, 22:40
I use an RMR on a suppressed AR-type .22lr SBR. I find it very easy to use, but I've shot it a lot so maybe I'm just used to it. My concern for a go-to gun would be mostly durability. I'm not sure an RMR would survive a drop onto concrete as well as an Aimpoint Micro. The dot is a bit harder to find when you compare both side by side but I haven't found that to be a problem.

Default.mp3
2 November 2016, 08:00
Wow, that's light. Anyone have any experience using an RMR as the primary sight on a carbine?Pat Mac has done so for awhile, as has Gary Roberts (AKA DocGKR). The primary problem with using an RMR as the main optic on a long gun is its small FOV (which makes it rather unforgiving of head position) and the fact that it's an open emitter design, so environmental debris is far more liable to obstruct the LED emitter. There are also people that hate the tint, it has much more noticeable parallax than an Aimpoint Micro, and it also has noticeable distortion. I'd take an Aimpoint H-1 over an RMR for any practical use as a primary optic on a long gun, unless your vision prevents you from getting a nice round dot on the Aimpoint; to my eyes, my RMR dot (RM06es mounted to my handguns) is definitely much rounder and crisper than my T-1 (this is DocGKR's reasoning for using the RMR on a long gun, as the T-1s look awful to his eyes), while my T-2 is on par with the RMR.

SINNER
2 November 2016, 10:05
I run RMR's on multiple 12 ga. Shotguns and have come to like them for that use. For some reason I've never been comfortable with them on a pistol so they all migrated to my shotguns.

gatordev
2 November 2016, 11:36
Pat Mac has done so for awhile, as has Gary Roberts (AKA DocGKR).

He appears to mostly be running a T-2 now. Another issue with the RMR is the substantial parallax error once you start moving past 50m.

UWone77
3 November 2016, 06:54
It does look good on their SBR photo.

Axlnut
3 November 2016, 08:58
It does look good on their SBR photo.

Yes that is sexy as hell.

I think part of why everyone is finding RMRs great on things like shotguns, AKs, and to some degree pistols is that we're used to irons on those guns and all that goes with it. You gain freedom of head position, etc with the RMR.

Going from even T1 or especially 30mm tubes on an AR to the RMR is going to feel very limiting.