PDA

View Full Version : newest NFA member

ksenter
4 November 2016, 20:09
Well,
after years of wanting and wishing, I finally jumped into the NFA game. Wednesday, I made the purchase of an AAC 762SD and an AAC Pilot2. Got prints and photos done today and Form4's will be in mail asap. My Remington 700aac will host the 762 and my Ruger22/45lite will host the pilot2. Of course, the 762sd will be used on some others as well including AR's and possibly an AK or two once I get enough 51t devices on hand, hah! I'm feeling ecstatic...but now I've got to just forget about them for a few months and move on.

UWone77
4 November 2016, 20:12
In 9 months you'll ask yourself.... why didn't I just pay a little more and get the SDN-6 ?!

ksenter
4 November 2016, 20:32
length?

UWone77
4 November 2016, 20:38
length?

I find that my SDN-6 suppresses just as well as the SD, and it's 2" shorter. I think as far as AAC goes, the SDN-6 is the best can they make. Works great on 300 BO as well.

Dstrbdmedic167
4 November 2016, 21:51
I can attest to UW's response. Wish I would have ponied up for these sdn-6 for the exact reasons UW mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alamo5000
4 November 2016, 22:11
I will also add that in about 9 months you will find that owning suppressors is like a crack habit. You will want to spend more and more and more so that you have one for everything.

DeviantLogic
5 November 2016, 00:45
I think the SD might be a better fit on the bolt action. If there is more sound reduction - you'll be more likely to tell on the bolt action vs an AR. Even with similar decibel reduction ratings the longer cans seem to have a deeper tone. I was able to shoot an AAC cyclone a few weeks ago on my rem 700...big and a little heavy, but sounded great. Pretty sure it's roughly the same can, but direct thread instead of QD.

ksenter
5 November 2016, 03:28
I think the SD might be a better fit on the bolt action. If there is more sound reduction - you'll be more likely to tell on the bolt action vs an AR. Even with similar decibel reduction ratings the longer cans seem to have a deeper tone. I was able to shoot an AAC cyclone a few weeks ago on my rem 700...big and a little heavy, but sounded great. Pretty sure it's roughly the same can, but direct thread instead of QD.
That was an available option and supposedly offers better accuracy with the direct thread. However, direct thread limited the use to only those with 5/8x24 threads. Not the best for me as I want to employ it for multiple others as well

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Joelski
5 November 2016, 06:30
Let me be the first to just say congrats! [:)]

Yes, they are like potato chips, and yes, there'll always be something you like better after you jump a grand deep into that game.

If you like what you have and keep only what you like, life gets much simpler and a little richer.

UWone77
5 November 2016, 23:55
Yep, welcome to the NFA club, it'll be a collection in itself. Happy collecting stamps.

ksenter
13 December 2016, 20:00
has it been 8-10 months yet? whats that? only 1? fuuuuuuuuuuu

Joelski
14 December 2016, 14:24
Right??? I am waiting on a form 3 just so I can then file the form 4! The suspense sucks, but I have at least another month. I gotta get off my ass and get my prints and my trustee printed and photo'd for the paperwork yet to come. The anticipation isn't as bad as it was the first time around, but I would like to be alive when the damn thing gets approved. I'm really hoping the HPA gets fast tracked now that it's got Junior's support and hopefully, it will chop a little time and $200 off the sentence!