PDA

View Full Version : RADIAN WEAPONS

GOST
7 November 2016, 05:10
It appears that AXTS is now Radian Weapons.

http://www.radianweapons.com

https://m.facebook.com/radianweapons/?notif_t=page_name_change&notif_id=1478511334301209&ref=m_notif

Jerry R
7 November 2016, 06:28
Nothing but a splash screen on their web site?

fledge
7 November 2016, 07:08
No explanation for the change in the Facebook page that I can find. Makes you wonder...

Rebranded their rifle name too. From IG:

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b556/fledge2000/AXTS/7F01B25C-2A92-4B02-B850-2977F64E46BB_zps7krphitk.jpeg (http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/fledge2000/media/AXTS/7F01B25C-2A92-4B02-B850-2977F64E46BB_zps7krphitk.jpeg.html)

GOST
7 November 2016, 07:20
Maybe someone that's industry will know the scoop, this fool knows nothing.

UWone77
7 November 2016, 08:30
I guess people had a hard time remembering the name of the company as far as the order of the letters AXTS.

Personally, I think the new name sucks. I would have stuck with the old one, or called it Raptor Weapons Systems and at least capitalized on their best selling products name.

UWone77
7 November 2016, 08:33
Dear AXTS Customers,

As of today, AXTS Weapons Systems is now known as Radian Weapons. To clarify, there has been no change in corporate ownership, and no additional changes to our team. Because our company would not exist without loyal customers and supporters like you, we want to take this opportunity to express our sincere gratitude, and to tell you more about what to expect going forward.

First things first – why? Over the last few years our company has evolved from an accessory maker into a complete rifle manufacturer, and we feel it’s necessary for our brand to evolve in kind. We have spent a lot of time thinking honestly about who we are as a business, what we aspire to become, and the roadmap to get there. In doing so we realized that while the name “AXTS” has served us well, today marks a point of inflection that warrants a change. The big picture will unfold over the coming months and years, but we want to share a few of the things we are working on.

Many of the first changes you’ll see are designed to improve our customers’ experience: a new website with improved content and information, updated packaging and support materials, and a simplified warranty policy for all AXTS and Radian products that guarantees your equipment for life. We do not take our customers for granted, and will continue to earn your business through constant improvement to our products, service, and support.

Speaking of products, we have big plans for 2017. We’re designing Raptor Charging Handles and Talon Safety Selectors for new platforms, adding caliber offerings to the Model 1 line of rifles, introducing apparel for men and women, and partnering with some of the industry’s leading brands on special projects and collaborations. For those of you who prefer to build your own rifles, billet upper and lower receivers will be available for purchase before the end of the year – more information coming soon.

In the meantime, we invite you to check out our new look by visiting www.radianweapons.com. Make sure to watch our teaser video that showcases some of our in-house manufacturing processes, and don’t forget to enter our giveaway for a chance to win one of the first Radian Model 1 Rifles made, paired with a Leupold Mark 6 3-18x44 optic.

Thank you again for your support – we couldn’t do it without you!

Sincerely,
Joshua Underwood
CEO

fledge
7 November 2016, 08:41
Agreed the new name is weird though it's part of their emphasis in being precision semi-autos.

Good to see they will be offering stripped receivers. That's probably the best news for most folks. Along with lifetime warranties.

I hear a AR308 is in the works.

Chances are they are focused on competing with the other Noveske-esque Oregon compatibles (apparel lifestyle :( ). I think they could have a real contribution if they stepped up to compete with Falkor.

titanse05
7 November 2016, 08:45
Was coming here to post this. The most important thing for me is that they will be offering their upper receivers and handguards for purchase separately. This will be a great end to the year.

I'm not a fan of the name change either......AXTS was a pretty well known brand or so I thought.

EO3
7 November 2016, 08:45
Very interesting. Brings "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" to my mind. They really have no explanation as to why they chose a new name, and I agree, it's not that great - honestly sounds pretty cheesy to me. Oh well, as long as they're products are just as good, I guess the name doesn't really matter!

Axlnut
7 November 2016, 09:05
I can understand it - I think AXTS while understood by enthusiasts as to who they are and what they do, has been muddied a bit by changes they've made.

Lowers, no lowers, complete rifles only, back to lowers, well maybe; charging handles and safeties, so parts - but not all parts, gotta buy the complete rifle, well maybe..

Hopefully they don't do that anymore. I understand there were legit reasons behind many of those changes over time, but this time they can plan ahead as far as what they offer and continue to offer.

Aragorn
7 November 2016, 09:47
I don't know, Radian isn't that bad of a name. There's certainly far worse out there. T-Rex Arms anybody?

UWone77
7 November 2016, 09:48
I don't know, Radian isn't that bad of a name. There's certainly far worse out there. T-Rex Arms anybody?

They should have asked to license GOST Systems. [:D]

GOST
7 November 2016, 10:39

You're crazy T-Rex Arms is a wonderful name.

They should have asked to license GOST Systems. [:D]

That's the cutest name being used.[BD]

gatordev
7 November 2016, 14:22

T-Rex Arms is actually pretty damn funny/clever. I can't speak for others, but it's a term I've heard many times in the military. There's actually a publication that deals with body anthropemetrics that talks about individuals who measure with short arms and it specifically calls them out as having "T-Rex arms." The medical field doesn't always have a sense of humor, but that's just funny.

Default.mp3
8 November 2016, 07:59
I guess people had a hard time remembering the name of the company as far as the order of the letters AXTS.

Personally, I think the new name sucks. I would have stuck with the old one, or called it Raptor Weapons Systems and at least capitalized on their best selling products name.Or too many people asked what "AXTS" stood for.

But yeah, I think the name is super lame. Then again, I'm not a precision shooter, but am an engineer, so the name "Radian" just conjures up the fact that it's a unit of measure for angles.

I hear a AR308 is in the works. I don't know how many times I've been told by AXTS that the AX762 was going to be released "within a couple of months". And honestly, I'm not interested in a complete rifle from them, I'd still want just an upper/lower combo.

GOST
8 November 2016, 15:02
I do like the new video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKR9mKj3pEs&feature=youtu.be

Joelski
8 November 2016, 15:15
Its easier to pronounce as a word than Axets.

Good deal on the receivers and rails. I wish to hell they'd get off their ass and do a QD T1 mount.

GOST
8 November 2016, 16:01
I'd also like to see a T-1 version of their MRO mount, but I doubt it would replace my Scalarworks.

tb417
8 November 2016, 17:17
Ooo, does this mean that my AXTS lowers are collectables?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Stone
8 November 2016, 17:28
If you thought that was bad... "Smith & Wesson board proposes name change"

"To fit its broader enterprise, board members for the iconic company Smith & Wesson have proposed changing the company’s name to American Outdoor Brands Corporation."[wow]
http://www.guns.com/2016/11/08/smith-wesson-board-proposes-change-name/

Default.mp3
8 November 2016, 19:28
If you thought that was bad... "Smith & Wesson board proposes name change"

"To fit its broader enterprise, board members for the iconic company Smith & Wesson have proposed changing the company’s name to American Outdoor Brands Corporation."[wow]
http://www.guns.com/2016/11/08/smith-wesson-board-proposes-change-name/What's the big deal?

To be clear, the name of the holding company, Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation, will change, while the firearms brand, Smith & Wesson, will stay intact.The giant conglomerate up top changing names, meh.

KW900A
30 December 2016, 18:11
So the AXTS stuff still out there on numerous sites for sale is just old inventory that will be replaced with radian branded stuff? Any chance of ordering AXTS stuff and getting radian stuff?

I just realized I say 'stuff' a lot

Thompson
30 December 2016, 18:15
So the AXTS stuff still out there on numerous sites for sale is just old inventory that will be replaced with radian branded stuff?
I could be wrong, but that's what I'm thinking. Seems like that at least, at some of the prices I've seen. Now's the time to get it while it's cheap if you ask me.

KW900A
30 December 2016, 18:24
I bought two charging handles and a bcg, I wanted to get my hands on a few of their 'old' items

Duffy
30 December 2016, 18:32
We still have AXTS Raptors in stock ;)

UWone77
30 December 2016, 18:37

You should do a run of FCD Raptors!

SINNER
30 December 2016, 18:49
You should do a run of FCD Raptors!

I'll take a few.

KW900A
30 December 2016, 18:58

I know, but the $65 sale price at ROG was hard to pass up, I bought a CH in DE and a BCG. Found the black one for $65 in stock elsewhere also. But I do have my sights on one of your ambi-catches so you will still get my money!

Duffy
30 December 2016, 20:23
EMR-A will be a reality next year :D

SINNER
31 December 2016, 00:29
Have you just abandoned any SCAR parts at this point?

Duffy
31 December 2016, 05:09
No way :P
SCAR market is kind of small, but we've redesigned this product couple of times already, it won't sit on the shelf forever. I'm glad we took our time with it though, by the time it goes to market we'll have the bugs worked out.

SINNER
31 December 2016, 11:26
No way :P
SCAR market is kind of small, but we've redesigned this product couple of times already, it won't sit on the shelf forever. I'm glad we took our time with it though, by the time it goes to market we'll have the bugs worked out.

Nice to hear.

You may be the fastest shipper I've ever dealt with btw. Lol

UWone77
31 December 2016, 12:39
I wouldn't make SCAR parts either. Like Roger said, limited market, and supply for new SCARs are a trickle at best right now.

Duffy
2 January 2017, 07:30
We'll make a small run of it, it's come a long way and I want to see it come into being. SCAR's footprint in the market is still too small, and its future expansion is likely to be slow, so the SCAR project keeps getting pushed back for something more pressing.

Sorry about the hijack :)

Thompson
2 January 2017, 12:49
I wouldn't make SCAR parts either. Like Roger said, limited market, and supply for new SCARs are a trickle at best right now.
Too bad they aren't cheaper. Otherwise there'd probably be a bit bigger a market for them.

Joelski
2 January 2017, 14:07
Too bad they aren't cheaper. Otherwise there'd probably be a bit bigger a market for them.

If people would manufacture parts, increase the availability and completeness of selection, more of us could build them several pieces at a time, like AR's. That size of a chunk of cake usually gets dedicated to something else.