PDA

View Full Version : ASCEND ARMORY AR-15 MATCHED BILLET RECEIVER SET

GOST
16 November 2016, 07:22

AR-15 billet match receiver sets are offered in both 7075-T6 and 6061-T6 aluminum. Every set comes with our enhanced AR-15 front and rear take down pins, ambi bolt catch levers, anti-rotation trigger and hammer pins, and proprietary hardware. An oversized magwell and trigger guard add to the looks and ergonomics, setting the AR-15 matched billet receiver set above all others.

Specifications:

-Mil-spec Class III-Type 2 hard anodized black
-Ascend Armory A15 ambi take down pins (black nitride finish)
-Ambi bolt catch lever/release (black nitride finish)
-Stainless steel anti-rotation trigger pins
-Stainless steel gas tube/piston rod bushing
-Oversized trigger guard
-Textured trigger groove
-Integrated QD mount
-Flared magwell
-Receiver tension screw
-M4 feed ramps

What's included:

-4140 Black Nitride Front and Rear Take Down Pins
-Take Down Pin Springs and Detents
-Ambi Bolt Catch / Release Levers
-Bolt Catch Spring and Plunger
-Threaded Bolt Catch Pins
-Buffer Tube Spring and Plunger
-Magazine Catch Assembly
-Dust Cover Rod and Spring
-Lower Receiver tension screw
-Safety Selector Spring and Detent
-Anti-Rotation Trigger and Hammer Pins
-Gas Tube / Piston Bushing
-Forward Assist Threaded Pin
-Allen Wrenchs

https://www.ascendarmory.com/products/ascend-armory-upper

https://www.rainierarms.com/catalogsearch/result/?attr=0&q=Ascend++Armory

Tyrannosaur
16 November 2016, 08:38
Wow, that's impresive. I see a 6061 and 7075 offering on Rainier. Out of stock but this is the innovative look and list of specs I expect to pay a premium for. Not the new Lantac run of the mill forged receiver set

fledge
16 November 2016, 09:33
The 6061 is only $370 with apex.

What rail would even match up well to this? Maybe something from Fortis. The manufacturer hasn't released one yet.

Axlnut
16 November 2016, 10:41
I love 99% of that. Dropped the ball on the mag release though - the fence is cool but looks goofy around the standard button on the right side, and on the left..

Designers and manufacturers, please, pretty please with cream and sugar - include a bespoke Ambi with your set, or make sure it will work with not only Norgon, but Troy, HVA, etc. That fence line cutting down to match the other side means no Troy.

Still interested though, it just looks so damn cool.

Aragorn
16 November 2016, 10:54
I like it!

UWone77
16 November 2016, 11:58
Reminds me of Cobalt Kinetics.

LCSO264
16 November 2016, 13:02
can you get a lower only?

GOST
16 November 2016, 13:10
can you get a lower only?

I've not seen an option for a lower only. This may be due to the possibility of the bolt release needing more clearance on the right side.

LCSO264
17 November 2016, 08:15
I've not seen an option for a lower only. This may be due to the possibility of the bolt release needing more clearance on the right side.

I emailed them, available only as a set, upper and lower.

Raptor_232
14 December 2016, 10:22
The 6061 is only $370 with apex.

What rail would even match up well to this? Maybe something from Fortis. The manufacturer hasn't released one yet.

What Apex are you referring to? I'm not familiar with Apex.

GOST
14 December 2016, 10:52
What Apex are you referring to? I'm not familiar with Apex.

Apex is a buyer's membership plan with benefits at Rainier Arms.

Membership Plan Description
As an initial member of Apex you will receive exciting, new loyalty perks from Rainier Arms.

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Just like every product Rainier Arms produces, with our new Apex program we will give you a 100% refund within 90 days if you choose Apex is not for you.

Special Club Apex pricing

Prices are specially discounted for our Apex members. We wanted to leverage Rainier Arms’ massive inventory and offer a “Costco” pricing on every product we sell. A few small purchases or 1 large purchase will easily pay for your entire membership cost.

Free Ground Shipping

Receive free ground shipping on all orders (Contiguous US). Now have the freedom to order something small, like a detent pin, a morale patch or something large, like a complete armory of weapons, all with free ground shipping.

Special Club Access

Whether we offer special access new product listings, special access to events, demo days, etc., you will be a part of exclusive member benefits that are only available for Apex members.

With these benefits and more, it’s a no brainer to sign up and join our Rainier family in a totally exciting way. We will turn the industry upside down with amazing prices, one stop shopping experience for all your firearm needs.

$99.00
Trial Price: $79.95

https://www.rainierarms.com/apex

GOST
14 December 2016, 10:58
The 6061 set is normally priced at $427.50 plus $7.95 shipping. Apex member's price of $370 shipped. Almost pays for itself with first purchase.

0uTkAsT
18 December 2016, 21:35
Ascend is a local company and I've been considering picking up a set of their receivers. My only gripe, really, is that the upper is going to be incompatible with my favorite rails, specifically the Geissele Mk8. Not a deal breaker, but I'd have a hard time deciding what rail to run on these that will look just right.

Pyzik
19 December 2016, 04:26
Wow that is great looking. I too wonder what rail would pair with it.

fledge
19 December 2016, 06:07
I asked them about their own rail they said it was likely but still a long way out.

Stone
19 December 2016, 06:25
Meh, way to much going on with that thing. All that extra machining does is force the price higher. The way I see it is they took a simple design and didn't stop trying to change it. What's with the hole in the trigger guard. I can seriously see a stick poking up through that and jamming up the trigger. To much bling for me.

John Hwang
27 December 2016, 11:49
These are great sets and they put a lot of thought into the design. We liked them so much we became the exclusive Master Distributor with Ascend Armory. With all the extras that they include, the pricing is outstanding!

n4p226r
31 December 2016, 12:43
Ascend is a local company and I've been considering picking up a set of their receivers. My only gripe, really, is that the upper is going to be incompatible with my favorite rails, specifically the Geissele Mk8. Not a deal breaker, but I'd have a hard time deciding what rail to run on these that will look just right.

i know its the cool thing to bag on noveske lately, but i think the mlok NHR would match up with this nicely. plus i can recommend it because its the one rail i don't think you can get a cheaper SMOS version of.

cjd3
2 January 2017, 12:39
I love 99% of that. Dropped the ball on the mag release though - the fence is cool but looks goofy around the standard button on the right side, and on the left..

Designers and manufacturers, please, pretty please with cream and sugar - include a bespoke Ambi with your set, or make sure it will work with not only Norgon, but Troy, HVA, etc. That fence line cutting down to match the other side means no Troy.

Still interested though, it just looks so damn cool.
My thoughts exactly. So close, but not quite. Plus, I don't know how a CMT UPUR-1LH would fit if they sold the lower separately. It also wouldn't look as nice. Reminds me of the Falkor, but theirs has an ambi mag release.