PDA

View Full Version : Strike Industries AR Enhanced Castle Nut & Extended End Plate

GOST
18 November 2016, 04:59

The SI Enhanced ECN and EEP stand out from the generic parts kit units in both aesthetics and function. The steel castle nut has been lengthened to match the extended end plate, supporting more of the receiver extension’s threaded area, and improving aesthetics. The extended end plate features a Quick Detach sling swivel mount, pushed back away from the webbing of the primary hand. This allows weapons manipulations in tight spaces and under stress, without the startling pain that can result from a pinched hand when using a sling attached to a standard, flat QD end plate.

Package includes:
- 1x Enhanced Castle Nut
- 1x Enhanced End Plate
- 1x Set Screw

Features:
- Aesthetic upgrade
- Centrally placed QD for right or left hand sling use
- Easy drop in installation
- Simplified installation of takedown pin detent via set screw.

Note: First position will be lost

MSRP $54.95

http://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/index.php/ar-enhanced-castle-nut-extended-end-plate-941.html#.WC76LbU8L7o

din
18 November 2016, 05:07
Just say no to SI.

LCSO264
18 November 2016, 08:32
Just say no to SI.

can you elaborate? I'm kinda diggin' this set up?

Duffy
18 November 2016, 08:43
Looks like it's based on Tacticalink's QD sling mount http://www.tacticallink.com/Z-360-Sling-Mount-GEN-2.html

How is the teethed castle nut enhanced? Lots of teeth and sharp edges where your cheek or nose might rub against, while leaving gaps in the threads engagement [crazy]

The sling adapter won't allow a retractable stock to fully collapse. To be fair, neither does Tacticalink's QD sling mount, but Tacticalink's QD sling mount isn't trying to win fashion points, it just works.

GOST
18 November 2016, 10:01
I agree it's not for most, it's probably aimed at a certain market. The enhanced is probably in reference to aesthetics.

fledge
18 November 2016, 13:59
I've not experienced "startling pain" from this area of my rifle.

LCS, many dislike SI because their parts are allegedly not made in America (hence the price point) and they often copy others' patented designs. These both give the perception to many that the company is more parasite than innovator and unworthy of your money. Do some research and reach your own conclusion.

LCSO264
18 November 2016, 16:56
I've not experienced "startling pain" from this area of my rifle.

LCS, many dislike SI because their parts are allegedly not made in America (hence the price point) and they often copy others' patented designs. These both give the perception to many that the company is more parasite than innovator and unworthy of your money. Do some research and reach your own conclusion.

thank you for the info... I'm not familiar with SI. I just thought the Castle Nut was kinda cool looking, that's all.... again, thanks for the explanation.