PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Optics RAZOR AMG UH-1 Holographic Sight

GOST
22 November 2016, 06:20

Meet the Razor® AMG® UH-1, affectionately known in-house as “Huey.” The UH-1 is a completely new force in weapon mounted holographic technology, and you’re one of the first to see it! Inside the durable aluminum chassis the UH-1 features fewer moving parts compared to traditional holographic sights, which equates to maximum durability. The sight is powered with the included CR123A battery, but also has the option of running LFP CR123A’s, which can be recharged using the on-board, waterproof micro-USB port. We believe the shooter is the only one who should see the new EBR-CQB reticle so we engineered the entire system to virtually eliminate all traces of forward signature, unlike any other red dot or holographic sight on the market.

http://www.vortexoptics.com

Tyrannosaur
22 November 2016, 06:37
Beat me to it. This looks interesting, looks like the Leupold LCO

schambers
22 November 2016, 06:46
a completely new force in weapon mounted holographic technology

Haven't seen a claim like that in a while...

I'm not a big fan of USB ports on firearm parts, but I'm eager to see how this optic turns out.

Hopefully the front and rear glass are more protected than on the LCO.

Uffdaphil
22 November 2016, 08:31
I like the overall looks, but window looks pretty tiny. If it fares well against the RMR and is cheaper I'd be interested.

Is that a rear BUIS behind it? Looks like it would obstruct button access, especially wearing gloves.

Default.mp3
22 November 2016, 08:32
I wonder why they went with holographic instead of just a nice red dot. Reticle flexibility? Wonder how bad the battery life will be, and hopefully Vortex did their homework and chose better materials than EOTech did.

UWone77
22 November 2016, 09:00
I wonder why they went with holographic instead of just a nice red dot. Reticle flexibility? Wonder how bad the battery life will be, and hopefully Vortex did their homework and chose better materials than EOTech did.

For 99.9% of us, there is nothing wrong with EoTechs. Having said that, I doubt that Vortex will come close to EoTech in the Holographic optic area. They make mediocre Red Dots. Variable Optics is their bread and butter.

GOST
22 November 2016, 09:29
AR15News.com is reporting a street price of $499.

schambers
22 November 2016, 10:17
The fact that this optic is presumably being marketed under the AMG line makes me hopeful, as thats supposedly their new flagship line.

The $499 price point doesn't inspire much confidence though, if it's accurate.

UWone77
22 November 2016, 10:24
The fact that this optic is presumably being marketed under the AMG line makes me hopeful, as that supposedly their new flagship line.

If AR15news says $499 is the "street price" you can bet the MSRP is closer to $600.... which like you said, doesn't inspire confidence.

BoilerUp
22 November 2016, 17:53
The fact that this optic is presumably being marketed under the AMG line makes me hopeful, as thats supposedly their new flagship line.

And the AMG implies that it's manufactured in the USA, which their existing RDS are not.

cjd3
22 November 2016, 20:05
The reticle is on their IG page (http://www.instagram.com/p/BNHtal9D7m6/).

BoilerUp
22 November 2016, 21:08
another internet source that I won't cite suggests that $499 is the MAP

Ratfink
1 December 2016, 05:20
I'm interested. If this thing is as great as my 1-6 razor, I'm very excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patriot_man
7 December 2016, 13:46
It's up on their site now
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/razor_amg_uh-1_red_dot

SINNER
7 December 2016, 14:37
$699. LMFAO

UWone77
7 December 2016, 14:50
$699. LMFAO

Street Price is probably $499 ish. Although I do love my Vortex Optics, for that price it's going to be TOUGH to compete against an Aimpoint PRO or EoTech XPS

schambers
7 December 2016, 16:06
$699 puts it in line to compete with the T1/T2, and fills a gap in their product line that, to my knowledge, they did not have a competitive offering in. Its also nice to see an option that is (presumably) competitive with the EOTECH

I'm actually kind of happy to see a $699 MSRP, it makes me think that they chose to build a more durable or reliable product. Time will tell if that price is justified.

Slippers
7 December 2016, 16:23
$699. LMFAO

Market price is usually 20-25% or so lower than the listed MSRP with Vortex. For example, look at the Razor 1-6 with a MSRP of $1999 that is available for $1400.

Hmm, just noticed that the AMG UH-1 is almost 12 oz.

SINNER
8 December 2016, 09:12
I have yet to see a Vortex red dot that I like or would consider using. Paid less than $500 for a few H1's so unless they are heavily discounted they will never be competitive IMO. Doubt this will even be close to any Aimpoints.

JGifford
8 December 2016, 11:37
$699. LMFAO
Let's be fair, it looks like it's trying to compete with the $1000MSRP optic from Leupold...

SINNER
8 December 2016, 14:15
Let's be fair, it looks like it's trying to compete with the $1000MSRP optic from Leupold...

LOL I wouldn't trade a 15 year old CompM2 for both of those. The LCO isn't a bad optic based on the few hours I used one, for around $500 anyway. 1k is laughable.

JGifford
8 December 2016, 20:21
LOL I wouldn't trade a 15 year old CompM2 for both of those. The LCO isn't a bad optic based on the few hours I used one, for around $500 anyway. 1k is laughable.

I don't know how they arrived at the $1K price-tag, but I do know it's durable as a mofo based on SBU testing.

SINNER
8 December 2016, 20:42
A friend picked up a lightly used DD rifle with one on it. It will never be anything more than a range toy so durability won't even be slightly challenged with him. Lol

The red dot is tiny so it definitely needs to be ran brighter than I am used too.