PDA

View Full Version : So I bought a suppressor

Joelski
24 November 2016, 09:41
Purchased a suppressor thanks as much to Black Friday pre-sales as my extreme lack of willpower. Here's my question: the serial number came with the sales receipt even though the Form 3 has yet to be filed and approved to transfer to my FFL. When do you guys normally file your form 4 paperwork?

alamo5000
24 November 2016, 09:46
Silencer Shop is kind of playing the odds. I assume you bought it from them? If not other people might be following their lead now.

Basically the Form 3 gets approved (generally) way faster than the Form 4. So what they tend to do is file the Form 3 (when applicable)...wait 5 days then file a Form 4.

If the Form 3 gets approved in 6 to 8 weeks then no problem because a Form 4 is 9 to 11 months.

If you are going by the letter of the law I assume your Form 3 needs to be back first.

Joelski
24 November 2016, 09:53
I bought it from Capitol City. Picked up a Griffin Alpha. Its a damn weird feeling, wanting to be stoked, but feel more like I paid my income taxes and that's it.

UWone77
24 November 2016, 10:04
I bought it from Capitol City. Picked up a Griffin Alpha. Its a damn weird feeling, wanting to be stoked, but feel more like I paid my income taxes and that's it.

First can? Can't recall if you posted pics of others before.

Anyhow, Don't file your Form 4 until the Form 3 clears. Sure people play the odds and most of the time you'll be fine. However, once in awhile you won't be fine... ask me how I know.

Joelski
24 November 2016, 11:12
I still gotta do my prints and my Trustee's if I want to go that route.

Yes, I finally popped my can cherry, and that doesn't sound right... [:D]

UWone77
24 November 2016, 11:13
I still gotta do my prints and my Trustee's if I want to go that route.

Yes, I finally popped my can cherry, and that doesn't sound right... [:D]

The only bad part... cans start becoming a collection in itself.

Joelski
24 November 2016, 11:18
Also, I narrowly avoided going the multi-caliber route, but I hope to pick up one for my pistols soon. I figure one of each is a good starting point since you really can't shoot all of them at the same time. Besides, I really need an SR-25 because I just do.

UWone77
24 November 2016, 12:24
Also, I narrowly avoided going the multi-caliber route, but I hope to pick up one for my pistols soon. I figure one of each is a good starting point since you really can't shoot all of them at the same time. Besides, I really need an SR-25 because I just do.

No need to do multi-caliber. We all know you'll want dedicated suppressors for every gun.

Former11B
24 November 2016, 13:44
No need to do multi-caliber. We all know you'll want dedicated suppressors for every gun.

Yuuuup

I can attest to this

Joelski
24 November 2016, 16:09
Well, the difference between want and get is a little different between me and you guys. Maybe brakes and threaded barrels, although I about shat when I saw the sticker on H&K'S threaded P30L barrel! =8-0

Cotton68spc
26 November 2016, 16:32
Well, the difference between want and get is a little different between me and you guys. Maybe brakes and threaded barrels, although I about shat when I saw the sticker on H&K'S threaded P30L barrel! =8-0

I know the feeling I'm probably going to go with the hybrid for next can . I so want one for every gun but that's not going to happen for me...... welcome to your new addiction though I love shooting suppressed almost to the point that I hate shooting without a can !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk