PDA

View Full Version : Rainier Arms disappointed me today

rxer311
26 November 2016, 16:20
So I joined apex on Wed night in anticipation of the upcoming deals. I then found exactly what I was looking for in a 13.7" Rainier Arms rock Creek barrel at a killer deal. I added a gas block to my order and payed to have it pinned. I also picked up a b.e. Meyers fh to perm attach to it.

Got an email today (Sat) saying that the barrel isn't in stock and only asking me how I want to proceed. They didn't give me any options for exchange or anything. I can't even call to talk about it because it is sat and they are closed. I guess I can't blame them for that.

In all honesty it is just a mistake and they didn't have their stock levels correct. I am just frustrated because I have the cash tied up in these parts and I am missing out on other options from other vendors (or maybe even the same vendor. I guess it just feels worse because I joined apex just to hop on the deals.

Not mad at Rainier arms at the moment as long as they fix the situation and make it right. Just venting my frustration.

I guess black Friday internet shipping can be just as frustrating.

Hope everyone else was able to pick up what they need.

I will update my thread when I hear back from Rainier arms...prob Monday.

fledge
26 November 2016, 17:09
Very frustrating.

They called me about a stocking issue a couple weeks ago. They showed in stock when it wasn't. I chose to place the item on backorder.

I hope you're able to get it resolved.

rxer311
26 November 2016, 17:14
Me too. The problem with a 13.7" build is that I have ordered other parts that are specific to that barrel. I really hope they can give me a comparable option.

fledge
26 November 2016, 17:18
What gas length is the one you ordered? They are showing the Rock Creek mid is out of stock but they have the carbine in stock. They also show the ultramatch in stock. Hopefully they will work with you on the price of the only option is an upgrade.

rxer311
26 November 2016, 18:08
What gas length is the one you ordered? They are showing the Rock Creek mid is out of stock but they have the carbine in stock. They also show the ultramatch in stock. Hopefully they will work with you on the price of the only option is an upgrade.

I ordered the carbine length.

BoilerUp
27 November 2016, 07:24
Rogtac has the Rainer Rock Creek mid 13.7, 14.5, and 16" barrels for $270 after you add it to the cart. Personally, I wouldn't mess around with pinning a MD for a difference of less than two inches, but to each their own.

http://www.rogtac.com/rainier-arms-223-wylde-barrel-137-mid-rock-creek-blank/

rxer311
27 November 2016, 07:29
Rogtac has the Rainer Rock Creek mid 13.7, 14.5, and 16" barrels for $270 after you add it to the cart. Personally, I wouldn't mess around with pinning a MD for a difference of less than two inches, but to each their own.

http://www.rogtac.com/rainier-arms-223-wylde-barrel-137-mid-rock-creek-blank/

Much cheaper than that on Rainier Arms Website with Apex.

UWone77
27 November 2016, 07:34
Much cheaper than that on Rainier Arms Website with Apex.

I can probably look into your issue for you on Tuesday when I head into RA... see what kind of swap out options they can offer.

rxer311
27 November 2016, 08:04
I can probably look into your issue for you on Tuesday when I head into RA... see what kind of swap out options they can offer.

I am sure they will get back to me by tomorrow as they even tried to reach out to me yesterday.

I am confident that they will take care of my issue. Just disappointed that I can't get what I ordered. If they would be gracious enough to swap it out for one of their ultramatch barrels that would really make me happy, but I am not holding out hope there. Most likely I will just switch it out for one of their 14.5" rock creek barrels and change up my FH option to a silencerco trifecta.

They have always been great in the past so its hard to get mad at them for a simple mistake. Stuff happens and I understand that. Just frustrated and disappointed.

rxer311
28 November 2016, 13:26
All is right with the world.

They contacted me today and said that they found my barrel. It was stocked in the wrong location and it turned up today.

Happy days!

Dstrbdmedic167
28 November 2016, 13:54
Glad it all worked out. I'm sure they would have taken car of you either way. Stuff like that always happens to me on a holiday weekend or similar lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SINNER
28 November 2016, 15:17
Uwow went and kicked some ass there today.

Pyzik
29 November 2016, 04:43
All is right with the world.

They contacted me today and said that they found my barrel. It was stocked in the wrong location and it turned up today.

Happy days!

Great news!